Got the latest update of PS5 and your PS5 is Not Updating?
You will be seriously angry right now that you just bought a brand new PS5 and this problem comes.
No need to worry about this at all as we have prepared a list of solutions below to overcome your issue.
But, first here are some questions that will be in your mind right now:
Why won’t my PS5 download an update?
PS5 might not be able to download your update be due to:
- Not enough space on the hard drive; and,
- If there is enough space, then Manually Rebooting(Solution 1) will solve this.
Does PS5 update faster in rest mode?
Solution 1: Manually Reboot PS5 to Fix PS5 Not Updating
If your PS5 not updating after going into Reset Mode then all you need to do is,
Hold down the power button for 15 seconds, the console will restart showing a warning message on the screen.
Solution 2: Reboot Your PS5 in Safe Mode
So restarting PS5 in safe mode has solved the error for many users.
You will not lose your personal data while using this solution.
Just follow the steps:
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing the power button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now connect the DualSense Controller and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Select Restart PS5 and press X to reboot your console in Safe Mode.
- If PS5 boots back into a safe loop then follow the next solution below.
Solution 3: Download and Install the Latest PS5 System Software Manually
If the above solution didn’t work for you then this will surely fix PS5 Not Updating.
All you need to do is install the latest PS5 system software update and here’s how:
- Plug USB drive( Minimum 2 GB free space) into PC and create a folder naming PS5 on the USB root path.
- Create an Update folder in that PS5 folder.
- Download the System Update file from the Official PS5 Website and save it with the name PS5UPDATE.PUP and store it in the Update folder.
- Connect the USB drive to your PS5.
- Turn on PS5 again and click the PS button on the controller. Now go to Settings > System Software Update.
- If you name the folder and file correctly PS5 will recognize it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Solution 4: Update the System Software Automatically
This is an alternate for Solution 3 to fix PS5 Not Updating.
So you will be updating the system software automatically:
- On your screen with the help of PS5 DualSense controller go to Settings.
- Now select System > System Software Update and Settings.
- Next set updates to download and install automatically.
- Then select Update System Software and your PS5 will check for updates.
If there are any updates then after that PS5 will handle all the worries and all you need to do is wait.
Solution 5: Power Cycling Your PS5
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
So here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plug in everything back and try running PS5 and check if PS5 Not Updating
Solution 6: Reset PS5 to Fix PS5 Not Updating
Resetting PS5 will solve PS5 Not Updating but it will completely wipe of everything from the console whether its a game, save data and any other content.
So its best to backup data first on your cloud storage and here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings, then select Saved Data.
- Now choose the type of data you want to backup and click Next.
- And PS5 backup will begin.
After backing up your data, now you can reset your PS5:
- Go to Settings
- Then go to System
- Select System Software> Reset Options > Reset Your Console > Reset.
- PS5 will restart and you will be directed to the setup process.
Solution 7: Contact PS5 Support
If the above solutions didn’t work for you then you should visit the PlayStation Official website and contact for Help and Support.
I hope you will get your problem solved there.