Discord Stuck in Update Loop? Discord Update Failed?
And confused about Why is my Discord not Updating?
Some Discord Users face an issue With Discord Keeps on Updating, that feel like it’s forever.
No need to worry as the backbone of this issue is the Discord installer/update as there’s a bug in the update which causes this issue.
You might have been stuck on this screen/window where the Discord Icon keeps on spinning and reports for a failed update.
Discord is the most used VOIP for gaming worldwide. It also helps you to communicate through voice and video chat with friends. The upcoming solutions help you in fixing discord won’t download update as well.
Why is my Discord stuck on checking for Updates?
There are three reasons that can cause Discord stuck on Updating, and it Keeps on Updating Forever.
- The most reported reason is that Discord lacks administrator-level privileges to take some actions and install the latest Discord updates properly.
- Secondly, a network glitch can cause incomplete downloaded updates that discord tries to install and discord update fails to result in a loop.
- A Corrupted/Outdated Cache is also a reason to Fix Discord Stuck at updating. Solution 1 Guides you on How to Fix Discord Cache Issues.
How do I fix discord not updating?
There are 2 major reasons to fix Why does my discord keep failing to update?
- Restart Router: The easiest fix is to restart your router or switch your connection.
- Restart PC: You should also try restarting your PC/Laptop.
If this doesn’t Upcoming are 3 different ways explained in detail that actually work to fix the discord update loop.
Why is my Discord Update Failing?
The 4 reasons why discord update failed are:
- Cache Issues
- Corrupted Files
- Network Errors
The upcoming solutions guide you on how you can Fix your cache by deleting AppData, Fix Network Issues, and give administrator-level privileges as well.
Just follow these solutions if you are wondering How do I Fix Discord not updating?
How do I fix discord update loop failed?
We have compiled a video to fix the Discord Update Failed Loop 2021 Issue.
Before trying any other solution,
How do I fix discord update loop on Mac? [iMac/Macbook]
The infinite discord update loop occurs on macOS as well so you might be facing this issue on your iMac or Macbook. The best fix is to reinstall discord on your Mac.
Note: Ensure your current macOS version is macOS 10.10.0 (Mac OS X Yosemite) or above!
Reinstalling Discord on Mac
- Close Discord by using ⌘+Q or selecting the Quit option from the menubar
- Go to Mac’s Activity Monitor and close all discord activities. (Use Spotlight or Siri to launch Activity Monitor)
- Now that all processes/activities are closed, we can delete the discord data on your machine so that any sort of cache glitch is removed and the new installation isn’t influenced by older data.
- Delete the 2 following folders:
- ~/Library/Application Support/Discord
- /Library/Application Support/Discord
Unable to find the folders?
Open Finder by pressing ⇧⌘+G
Go to Folder in the menubar and enter:
~/Library/Application Support in the window and hit enter:
Then /Library/Application Support in the Run window and hit enter:
After locating each, you will find a corresponding Discord Folder. This contains the Discord data that can remain even after uninstalling the app. Drag these folders to Trash. If you don’t find any folder in the second link, it’s totally fine.
- Now, Go to Applications.
- Drag Discord and place it in the trash again.
- Restart your Mac.
- Reinstall Discord on your Mac.
Didn’t Fix? Try Diagnosing Network Issues on Mac
Recommended Accessories & Add-Ons
|🛒-Buy Rogue High-Back LED-Lit Gaming Chair Now|
|🛒-Buy Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless Gaming Headset Now|
|🛒-Buy NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Wi-Fi Router Now|
Solution 1: Reinstall Discord by deleting AppData contents as well on Windows 10
Complete Guide To Discord – Everything you need to know!
Most users reported this method has solved in fixing Discord Not Updating.
Sometimes the solution lies in the app as many features update regularly so why not uninstall Discord and update it by downloading a new version. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Task Manager and End all tasks related to Discord
- Press Windows+R and a Run command box will appear
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the command box and press Enter
- An application manager will appear and look for Discord in it
- After finding it Right-click on Discord and select uninstall
- Hold Windows Key + R
- Type “%appdata% “and press Enter that will show you all the app folder that contains their Contents such as cache
- Locate the Discord folder and delete it. If you can’t find a discord folder, it can be possibly hidden. Select View from the top bar and check the Hidden Items option
- Now install the Latest version of Discord and restart your PC again
- Launch Discord to fix discord update loop
Solution 2: Run Discord As Administrator to Fix Discord Stuck in Update Loop
So here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Task Manager and End all tasks related to Discord
- Go to your Desktop and look for the Discord shortcut
- Right-click on the Discord icon and you will see “Run as administrator“
- Click on Run as administrator and after giving the permission
- Discord will launch and the update will begin without any discord update loop issue.
Solution 3: Reinstall Discord to fix Discord Not Updating
This is an alternate to Solution 1 as simply downloading a fresh installer might solve fixing discord not updating/stuck in the update loop issue.
So here are some short steps:
- Visit the Discord website to download the installer.
- Run Discord installer and follow the given on-screen instructions.
Solution 4: Disable Windows Defender to fix Discord Update Failed Loop
So if you are a Windows 10 user then disabling Windows defender will fix your discord not updating.
As its purpose is to keep your PC virus free due to which it can replace files that are a threat.
Let’s disable then:
- Press the Windows key and type Settings and run it.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Now click Windows Security > Virus & Threat protection > Manage Settings.
- Toggle off Real-time protection.
- Save and Exit
- Install Discord again.
Solution 5: Contact Discord Support to fix the DIscord Update Loop
The above-mentioned fixes have been reported to fix most of the user’s issue, but if you are still unable to update discord, and if non of the above solution didn’t work then contact Discord support.
One of these 5 fixes must be able to make your discord back on track and fix discord stuck on checking for updates.
Do leave a comment and let me know which solution best suits you in fixing discord not updating.