PS5 Not Connecting to Controller? Trying to connect and you are unable to connect your PS5 controller with your PS5?
OR you would be thinking why are my PS5 controllers not connecting?
PS5 DualSense controller can cause multiple issues!
The common one is the sync issue where you are unable to connect to PS5 and after you connect to your PC or your phone.
In this blog post, I would be guiding you through why is your PS5 DualSense controller not connecting and then help you connect your PS5 controller successfully.
Why is my PS5 controller not connecting to console?
Your PS5 controller is not connecting to console as the original cable has been worn out.
How do I fix an unresponsive PS5 controller?
Here’s what you can do to fix an unresponsive PS5 controller:
- Try connecting it with a different USB cable.
- Reset your Controller.
How to Sync a PS5 Dualsense Controller?
Syncing a PS5 DualSense controller is super simple. All you need to do is:
- Make sure your console is turned on.
- Connect your controller to a Type-A High-Speed USB port.
- You should use the USB which comes with your PS5.
- Now press the PS button on the controller to pair your PS5 DualSense controller.
The new controller shall be synced by now.
How does PS5 DualSense controller sync or pair with the console?
The PS5 DualSense wireless controller uses Bluetooth version 5.1 to pair with the console and encounter any signal interference problem.
Solution 1: Power Cycling Your PS5 to Fix PS5 Remote Not Connecting
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
So here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now Press and hold the power button several times until there’s no remaining power which will clean all the cache and drain the PS5 from any current.
- Now wait for 4 to 5 minutes and plug in everything back and try running PS5 and check if PS5 Not Connecting to Controller is solved.
Solution 2: Turn Off Nearby Bluetooth Devices
If the above solution didn’t work for you then this surely will solve PS5 Not Connecting to Controller.
Dualsense Bluetooth not working?
You just need to make sure the Bluetooth devices nearby you such as speakers, mouse, mic, or any other are turned off.
Turning off these devices will result in zero interference of Bluetooth signals between your PS5 and controller.
This solution should fix PS5 controller not pairing or ps5 controller pc Bluetooth not working issue.
If ps5 controller still turns off after connecting to PC then you might need to reset your PS5. The upcoming solution will guide you to reset PS5.
Solution 3: Reset Your Unresponsive PS5 DualSense Controller
Why is my controller not connecting to my ps5? How to reset DualSense controller?
PS5 Not Connecting to Controller is caused mostly due to malfunctioning of the controller itself.
And resetting has been helpful to many users.
So, let’s configure your controller:
- Make sure you have disconnected the controller from the console or any charging port.
- Now you will see a small hole under the L2 button at the back of your controller which will be your dualsense reset button.
- Put a needle or toothpick into the reset hole.
- Press the button and hold on to it for a few seconds and release.
- Your controller would restart and check if PS5 Not Connecting to Controller is solved.
Solution 4: Check the USB-C Cable/Port to Fix PS5 Controller Unresponsive
If resetting the controller didn’t fix PS5 controller stopped working which means the port in the controller or the console might be damaged.
So let’s check if there’s a problem with your USB ports:
- Connect the console to the controller via USB cable and make sure they are not losing by tugging both ends.
- And see if there’s any dust or dirt inside the port that also causes PS5 overheating issues and try to clean it with cotton bird or compressed air.
- Now try connecting with that cable that comes with your PS5.
- If this didn’t work try using a cable that comes with your Andriod phones to fix PS5 Not Connecting to Controller.
Solution 5: Update Your PS5 Firmware to Fix PS5 Controllers Not Connecting
So if you got a spare controller and updating the system software will solve PS5 Not Connecting to Controller.
Although it updates automatically its good to check for updates yourself so and here’s how you can do it:
- Make sure PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System > System Software.
- Then go to System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5.
Solution 6: Call Support
If non of the above solution didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website. Or you can go to your nearest Sony Service Centre and they will give the tour controller a treatment and your PS5 Not Connecting to Controller will be solved.