PS5 Controller Not Charging???
Whenever you plug in your USB charging cable into your controller, the light on the front OF PS5 doesn’t show up?
Before moving on to the solution here are some questions which will be on your mind and here are some answers to them.
Why is my PS5 controller not working?
The PS5 controller is not working as the inputs aren’t being accepted so you need to completely shut down your console but not in rest mode.
How can I tell if my PS5 controller is charging?
When you press and hold the PS button the charge level of the battery appears on your screen and the light turns to orange while charging.
So you would be thinking,
Why does my PS5 controller not charge?
PS5 Controller Won’t Charge due to 3 main reasons:
- A faulty charging USB cable / Worn cable
- Dusty USB port
- A hardware Failure
What do you do if your PS4 controller Won’t Charge?
You really don’t need to be frustrated because the answer to your question lies below in this article.
Solution 1: Check PS5 DualSense Controller Charging Cable
PS5 controller not charging may be due to your faulty charging USB cable.
As the PS5 controller has an internal battery so you are totally dependent on the charging cable.
- Try charging another controller from the same USB charging cable.
- If your controller does charge which means you got a problem on your cable end so skip the next steps and follow the coming up solution.
- And if it does not charge the other controller then you got a faulty cable.
- As a result, you have to buy a new one and make sure it is original which is Type-C to Type-A if you want to fix the PS5 controller not charging.
Solution 2: Check PS5 Controller Charging Port
IF your USB cable is working fine then there’s a problem with your controller charging port.
There might be some dirt or dust in the port.
To fix the PS5 controller not charging you need to do is:
- Also, keep in mind that many users have issues charging the controller in rest mode and using the USB-A cable.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 from the above solution 1.
- You should try cleaning the port with a can of compressed air and don’t try to put anything inside the port as it will damage it.
- And if the PS5 controller not charging then you need to replace the charging port with a new one.
- And you can get this from PlayStation official website.
Solution 3: Use A Charging Station
If you got a PS5 charging station like the one in the picture above you should try charging your controller with it to fix the PS5 controller not charging.
It’s more reliable than the cable and if you don’t have one then buy one.
Solution 4: Update Your PS5 Firmware
So if you got a spare controller and updating the system software will solve PS5 Controller Not Charging.
Although it updates automatically its good to check for updates yourself so and here’s how you can do it:
- Make sure PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System > System Software.
- Then go to System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5.
Solution 5: Reset Your PS5 Controller
PS5 controller not charging is caused mostly due to malfunctioning of the controller itself.
And resetting has been helpful to many users.
So let’s configure your controller:
- Make sure you have disconnected the controller from the console or nay charging port.
- Now you will see a small hole under the L2 button at the back of your controller which will be your reset button.
- Put a needle or toothpick into the reset hole.
- Press the button and hold on to it for a few seconds and release.
- Your controller would restart and check if the PS5 controller not charging is solved.
Solution 6: Call Support
If non of the above solution didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website. Or you can go to your nearest Sony Service Centre and they will give the tour controller a treatment and your PS5 controller not charging be solved.