Is your PS5 NOT turning on? PS5 not switching on? PS5 turn off by itself and won’t turn on?
Then, I have compiled a list of all possible solutions to fix ps5 won’t turn on after update?
I know you just bought your PS5
having these issues is not a big deal as PS4 had similar issues and we are about to fix them in some easy steps.
Users have reported that their PS5 beeps but won’t turn on or PS5 won’t turn on White Light issues.
A couple of Questions might be in your mind right now if your PS5 crashed and won’t turn on.
Or, if you want to jump directly to Solutions, Click Here.
Why is my PS5 not turning on?
PS5 is not turning on due to some common problems that Sony is having from the start and these are:
- The issue with the PS5 power supply
- PS5 System software
- HDMI cables
What do you do if your PS5 won’t turn on?
What you can do is reboot your PS5 or reconnect the power cable moreover you can check your HDMI cables.
How do I force start my PS5?
Press and hold the power button until and release the button after the second beep and you are good to go.
Why does my PS5 beep but not turn on?
This is due to overheating of the console and not having the available airflow as there could be something obstructing the PS5 air vents so the space should be large enough for the air to flow properly.
Why does my PS5 take so long to turn on?
This might be due to some game or your operating system running slow as there might be an external storage device connected so just relax your PS5 is fine.
What does 3 beeps mean PS5? PS5 Tripple beep?
If your PS5 beeps 3 times when turning on or PS5 beeps then turns off the:
These 3 beeps are usually the sound you get when you press the eject button to tell you there’s no disc in your PS5 console.
Amazon’s Choice: Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition – PS5
How to Fix It When Your PS5 Won’t Turn On?
I hope there will be other questions in your mind too but the answer to your questions and problem is in these solutions below.
Solution 1: Manually Reboot PS5 to Fix PS5 Not Turning On After Update
If this didn’t work after going into Reset Mode then all you need to do is,
Hold down the power button for 15 seconds, the console will restart showing a warning message on the screen.
Solution 2: How to Insert a Disk Into Your PS5?
Sometimes your PS5 can turn on automatically by inserting a disk into it.
Your console will detect the disk which will lead to turning on your PS5.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Plug the power cable into your PS5
- Now slowly insert your disk into your Standard Edition PS5 and just keep pushing it Slowly and your console will turn on automatically.
- Now, pull your disk out from the console and your issue will be solved
And if this doesn’t work then continue reading the next solution
Solution 3: Reconnect The Power Cable to Fix PS5 Won’t Turn On Tv
The first thing you need to do reconnect the power cable when your PS5 won’t turn on.
This will power reset your PS5 and clear the corruption on your console.
So let’s do it:
- Unplug the power cable from your PS5.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cable back into your console.
- Press the power button on your console and check if it works.
And make sure the cable is not damaged and if it then replaces it with a new one.
Solution 4: Power Cycling Your PS5 | How to power cycle PS5?
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
So here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking blue LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plug in everything back and try running PS5 and check if PS5 won’t turn on error is solved.
Solution 5: Check Your HDMI Cables to Fix PS5 Not Turning On With Controller
If the previous solution didn’t work for you then, this will surely solve the issue.
Try changing your HDMI cables as the PS5 uses the same IEC C7 power cables because it might be due to a hardware issue.
Let’s do it:
- Unplug your HDMI cables from the back of your both TV and PS5.
- If you are thinking to buy a new one then, first try switching the ends of HDMI cables.
- And plug-in the HDMI cable of your PS5 into your TV and vice versa.
Solution 6: Reboot Your PS5 in Safe Mode to Fix PS5 Won’t Turn On White Light
So restarting PS5 in safe mode has solved the error for many users.
You will not lose your personal data while using this solution.
PS5 safe mode not working? PS5 won’t boot into safe mode?
Just follow the steps:
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing the power button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now connect the DualSense Controller and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Select Restart PS5 and press X to reboot your console in Safe Mode.
- If PS5 boots back into a safe loop then follow the next solution below.
Get the Original DualSense Wireless Controller
Solution 7: Initialize PS5
How do you hard reset a PS5?
By initializing your console all the system settings will be restored to default or you can say factory reset and this is the least you can go to solve PS5 won’t turn on.
Make sure the external USB drive should be large enough to store your PS5 data and should be formatted to FAT
So lets back up on PS5 and initialize:
- Connect your USB drive to your PS5
- Go to PS5 Settings and select System
- Select Back Up and Restore > Back Up Your PS5
- Now select the data you want to backup and select Next
- Assign a name to your backup and choose Back Up
- Press the X button on your controller and your data will start backing up
- Unplug your USB drive from the console after your data is fully backed up
- Now go back to PS5 settings and scroll down to choose Initialization
- Select Initialize PS5 > Full initialization
- Then follow on-screen instructions to complete the process
- Remember DO NOT turn your PS5 OFF during initialization as this will bring some irrecoverable damages to your PS5.
Solution 8: Where can I repair PS5?
If any of the above solutions didn’t work for you then the only thing you can do is visit Sony’s official website and go to PlayStation Fix and Replace.
And I hope this will surely fix your PS5 Power Issues.