About to play your favorite game and your PS5 WON’T turn on?
I would hate to be in such a situation and neither would I like you to just watch your PS5 Not turning on even after trying to switch it on several times.
have compiled a list of all possible solutions to fix PS5 won’t turn on after update?
PS5s are pretty new and one wouldn’t expect such behavior.
having these issues is not a big deal as PS4 had similar issues and we are about to fix PS5 Won’t Turn On in some easy steps.
Also Read: PS5 Tips & Tricks You Probably Don’t Know!
This user got their PS5 not turning on at ALL:
These Users faced the most unusual turning off where the PS5 goes off all of a sudden:
A couple of Questions might be in your mind right now if your PS5 crashed and won’t turn on.
We have answered them all in the FAQ section at the end of this blog.
Why is my PS5 not turning on?
PS5 is not turning on due to some common problems that Sony is having from the start and these are:
Also Read: PS5 VS XBOX SERIES X
Best Video Guide For PS5 Won’t Turn On
Solution 1: Manually Reboot PS5 to Fix PS5 Not Turning On After Update
If this didn’t work after going into Reset Mode then all you need to do is,
Hold down the power button for 15 seconds, the console will restart showing a warning message on the screen.
And if you are still facing PS5 won’t turn on but beeps then continue to the next solution.
Solution 2: Insert a Disk Into Your PS5?
Sometimes your PS5 can turn on automatically by inserting a disk into it.
Your console will detect the disk which will lead to turning on your PS5.
Here’s how you can insert a disk into your PS5:
- Plug the power cable into your PS5
- Now slowly insert your disk into your Standard Edition PS5 and just keep pushing it slowly and your console will turn on automatically.
- Now, pull your disk out from the console and your issue will be solved
And if this doesn’t help fix PS5 Won’t Turn On then continue reading the next solution
Solution 3: Reconnect The Power Cable to Fix PS5 Won’t Turn On Tv
The first thing you need to do is reconnect the power cable when your PS5 won’t turn on.
This will power reset your PS5 and clear the corruption on your console.
Also, you will get to know How do I manually turn on my PS5?
So here’s how you can reconnect the power cable and manually turn on your PS5:
- Unplug the power cable from your PS5.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cable back into your console.
- Press the power button on your console and check if it works.
And make sure the cable is not damaged and if it then replaces it with a new one.
Also Read: Upcoming PS5 Games You Need To Know!
Solution 4: Power Cycling Your PS5 | How to power cycle PS5?
If changing the damaged cable didn’t fix PS5 beeps but won’t turn on then try power cycling your PS5.
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
So here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking blue LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plugin everything back and try running PS5 and check if PS5 won’t turn on error is solved.
Solution 5: Check Your HDMI Cables to Fix PS5 Won’t Turn On Flashing Blue
If the previous solution didn’t fix PS5 won’t turn on but beeps for you then, this will surely solve the PS5 won’t turn on.
Let’s do it:
- Unplug your HDMI cables from the back of your both TV and PS5.
- If you are thinking to buy a new one then, first try switching the ends of HDMI cables.
- And plug-in the HDMI cable of your PS5 into your TV and vice versa to check if PS5 won’t turn on but beeps is fixed or not
Replace Your Cable: Ultra High-Speed HDMI Cable Certified (w/ Hologram Sticker)
Solution 6: Reboot Your PS5 in Safe Mode to Fix PS5 Won’t Turn On White Light
So restarting PS5 in safe mode has solved the PS5 won’t turn on but beeps for many users.
You will not lose your personal data while using this solution.
Is PS5 safe mode not working? PS5 won’t boot into safe mode?
Just follow the steps:
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing the power button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now connect the DualSense Controller and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Select Restart PS5 and press X to reboot your console in Safe Mode.
- If PS5 boots back into a safe loop then follow the next solution below.
Get the Original DualSense Wireless Controller
Solution 7: Update the System Software Automatically to Fix PS5 Won’t Turn On After Power Outage
If rebooting your PS5 in safe mode didn’t fix Ps5 won’t turn on but beeps, then you need to update your PS5 System software to the latest version.
Make sure your PS5 has a proper internet connection.
How do I update my PS5 software?
So, you will be updating the system software automatically:
- On your screen with the help of the PS5 DualSense controller go to Settings.
- Now select System > System Software Update and Settings.
- Next set updates to download and install automatically.
- Then select Update System Software and your PS5 will check for updates.
If there are any updates, then after that PS5 will handle all the worries and all you need to do is wait and your PS5 won’t turn on at all will be fixed.
Solution 8: Clean Your PS5 From Inside
If updating the PS5 software didn’t fix your PS5 won’t turn on but beeps then there might be too much dust inside your console.
Sometimes the dust can clog the fan and prevent your PS5 console from cooling down properly, which in return causes overheating and other hardware malfunctions such as PS5 won’t turn on at all.
Therefore, you’d better clean the inside of your PS5 console, especially when you have played the PS5 for months.
Moreover, the PS5 casing is easy to open up, but you need to be extra careful when cleaning the small internal parts.
So, you should watch the video given below if you want to properly clean your PS5 and get over PS5 won’t turn on but beeps.
And if you are still facing PS5 Beeps but Won’t Turn On then continue to the next one.
Solution 9: Initialize PS5 to Fix PS5 Beeps but Won’t Turn On
How do you hard reset a PS5?
By initializing your console all the system settings will be restored to default or you can say factory reset and this is the least you can go to solve PS5 won’t turn on.
Make sure the external USB drive should be large enough to store your PS5 data and should be formatted to FAT
So lets back up on PS5 and initialize:
- Connect your USB drive to your PS5
- Go to PS5 Settings and select System
- Select Back Up and Restore > Back Up Your PS5
- Now select the data you want to backup and select Next
- Assign a name to your backup and choose Back Up
- Press the X button on your controller and your data will start backing up
- Unplug your USB drive from the console after your data is fully backed up
- Now go back to PS5 settings and scroll down to choose Initialization
- Select Initialize PS5 > Full initialization
- Then follow on-screen instructions to complete the process
- Remember DO NOT turn your PS5 OFF during initialization as this will bring some irrecoverable damages to your PS5.
Solution 10: Reset PS5 in Safe Mode
We would reset PS5 in safe mode as you will not lose your personal data including saved game data, screenshots, and everything while resetting your PS5 in safe mode.
Solution 11: Contact PS5 Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website and tell them about the Elden Ring Not Launching on their support page and they will typically reply to you within 24 hours.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have been applied on your console plus is great to add a photo of the error screen. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error.
Hope all of the solutions help you to solve Elden Ring Connection Issues On PS4/PS5.
If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to share your experience with us in the comments section down below or you can reach us on our social handles.
Solution 12: Where can I repair PS5?
If any of the above solutions didn’t work for you then the only thing you can do is visit Sony’s official website and go to PlayStation Fix and Replace.
And I hope this will surely fix your PlayStation 5 won’t turn on but beeps Issues.
Also if you face any issues while trying the solutions above or want to add something then do let us know in the comments section below.
We will be happy to assist you!
Our Social Handles!
What happens if you unplug your PS5?
When you directly unplug your PS5 it can result in data loss or corrupt files.
Why does my PS5 keep saying I didn’t turn it off properly?
Your PSy keeps saying I didn’t turn it off properly because there may be a power break down or anyone from your house might turn your PS5 off directly.
Why does my PS5 turn on when I turn my TV on?
Your PS5 turns on when you turn on your TV because the PS5’s HDMI may be linked to your TV so it’s better you turn those settings Off.
How do I get my PS5 remote to stop turning on?
You can stop the PS5 remote to stop turning on by disabling the enable remote play option on your PS5 settings.
Can media remote turn on PS5?
Yes, you can turn on PS5 with media remote as it’s the same as turning with a DualSense controller. You just need to press the white circle button.
What does 3 beeps mean PS5? PS5 Tripple beep?
How do I force start my PS5?
Press and hold the power button until and release the button after the second beep and you are good to go.
Why does my PS5 beep but not turn on?
This is due to overheating of the console and not having the available airflow as there could be something obstructing the PS5 air vents so the space should be large enough for the air to flow properly.
Why does my PS5 take so long to turn on?
This might be due to some game or your operating system running slow as there might be an external storage device connected so just relax your PS5 is fine.
How to Fix It When Your PS5 Won’t Turn On But Beeps?
I hope there will be other questions in your mind too but the answer to your questions and problem is in these solutions below.