Did you just see a PS5 Blinking Blue Light at the center of your console when you were about to turn it on?
The main problem is are you thinking that only your console is having PS5 blinking blue light?
The answer to this is No!
So, first of all, you don’t need to worry because many users have a complaint on the same issue, and it’s coming with different names such as blue light of death, video output failure, etc.
But first, you should take a look at these questions which will help you solve your issue much better.
What is the PS5 blue light of death?
The blue light of death is a blinking blue light in the center of the console which flashes on and off. And it usually refers to the console being frozen due to software corruption. Therefore, you may need to troubleshoot on your own before concluding that your PS5 is faulty.
What causes the PS5 blue light of death?
The blue light of death is caused due to the following reasons:
- Faulty solder joints under the APU on the motherboard.
- Your PS5 wasn’t shut down properly.
- The PS5 software is outdated.
- The console’s hard drive may be corrupted.
So here is a list of solutions that will help you solve PS5 blue light of death.
The first thing you need to do to overcome PS5 Blue Light is to enter into safe mode.
According to a user on Reddit, Sony has recommended restarting PS5 in safe mode and has solved the error for many users.
You will not lose your personal data while using this solution.
How to Reset Your PS5 in Safe Mode?
Just follow the steps to reboot your PS5:
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing the power button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now connect the DualSense Controller and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Select Restart PS5 and press X to reboot your console in Safe Mode to fix PS5 flashing blue.
- If PS5 boots back into a safe loop then follow the next solution below.