How To Reset PS5? How to restart PS5 in Safe Mode?
You just bought your brand new PlayStation 5 and it’s having some issues probably so you are looking to rest your PS5 but before moving on you might be interested in
How do you restart a PS5?
You can restart your PS5 by:
- Pressing the Playstation button on your PS5 DualSense controller to go to the control center.
- Select the power icon and Restart PS5.
How do I do a hard reset on my PS5?
You can hard reset your PS5 by following the steps below:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now Press and hold the power button several times until there’s no remaining power which will clean all the cache and drain the PS5 from any current.
- Plugin the power brick back and wait for some seconds.
- Turn your PS5 ON.
Is PS5 rest mode safe 2021? PS5 Rest Mode Brick?
No, PS5 rest mode is not safe as the applications will be still running in the background which can lead to bugs in your system while your PS5 is in rest mode.
How To Restart Your PS5 in Safe Mode?
You will not lose your personal data while restarting your PS5 in safe mode.
Just follow the steps:
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing the power button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now connect the DualSense Controller and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Select Restart PS5 and press X to reboot your console in Safe Mode.
Resetting PS5 will completely wipe off everything from the console whether it’s a game, save data, and any other content.
So its best to backup data first on your cloud storage and here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings, then select Saved Data.
- Now choose the type of data you want to backup and click Next.
- And PS5 backup will begin.
After backing up your data, now you can reset your PS5:
- Go to Settings
- Then go to System
- Select System Software> Reset Options > Reset Your Console > Reset.
- PS5 will restart and you will be directed to the setup process.
I hope you are convinced with the solution and if you got any questions just ask in the comment section.