Are you facing Spotify No Internet Connection Error?
Something went wrong (Check your internet connection and try again)
No need to worry about it!
In this article, you can easily fix your Spotify no internet connection error easily.
Spotify music player is available for both mobile devices and PCs.
The issue is happening to both the Android and iOS devices where the Spotify app pops up with an error notice that says:
“No Internet connection available”.
Even if your network connection is active and Wi-Fi or Mobile Data is working well, the issue appears all the time.
Why Is Spotify Not Working?
The most common issues people have when listening to Spotify are:
- Long delays connecting to their account
- Constant buffering of songs
- Songs stutter
- Being told there is a connection problem and to try again later
Although the Spotify website is sometimes closed due to maintenance issues, these common problems are almost always caused by your mobile device or Internet connection causing connection issues like Download Errors, Spotify Unable to play Songs.
How to Fix “Spotify Internet Connection Error” (Error code 4) on Mobile Device?
Let’s begin with some easy solutions:
- Restarting your app or device: The first quickest and easiest thing to do in most cases is to restart the Spotify app.
- Update app: The application may be outdated. Check Spotify on the PlayStore/App Store or for PC check the Spotify App. So, if you want to solve this problem, always keep your Spotify player application updated.
- Reset network settings (Airplane mode): Put your phone on airplane mode for a minute, and then turn airplane mode off, then you see that your connection is now working.
- Spotify is down: This is not a solution, this is a technical problem that comes up on the Spotify server side. If the server is down, you have no choice but to wait.
- Reinstall app: If there are no measures to solve the Internet connection problem of Spotify. The only option left is to reinstall your Spotify app again. Hope it works.
The above fixes are for mobile devices for solving Spotify internet connection error (Error Code 4).
How to Resolve Spotify Internet Connection Issue for PC
Spotify can also be used on Windows devices. Users may also encounter connection problems in the PC version of Spotify. Usually, Spotify Internet connection error 4 appears. This error is displayed as:
“Spotify no internet connection detected error code 4 then Spotify will automatically try to reconnect”.
This is one of the most annoying errors you have ever seen. This error is usually caused by incorrect Internet settings.
So, let’s start to solve the Spotify internet connection problem.
- Fix Spotify no Internet Connection error through Windows firewall
- Disable your Antivirus
- Change DNS settings
Reinstall Spotify player
Video Guide to Fix Spotify No Internet Connection Error
Solution 1: Fix Spotify No Internet Connection Error through Windows firewall
Sometimes certain applications may be blocked by Windows Firewall. If Spotify is blocked, you cannot connect to the Internet, and it shows that Spotify Internet connection error.
Follow the given steps to unblock Spotify:
- Open the Control Panel
- Go to System and Security, than Windows firewall
- Select “Allow an app or feature“
- Then find the Spotify app and tick on its checkbox.
- Click OK and see if it works or not.
Solution 2: Disable your Antivirus
Sometimes, your Spotify Internet connection problem error may occur because it is blocked by the antivirus software on Windows.
Open the anti-virus software installed on the system.
Now, find the setting that enables you to close the software.
Then open your Spotify music player and check if Spotify Internet connection error 4 is resolved. If it still cannot be resolved correctly, please choose another method.
Solution 3: Change DNS Settings to Fix Spotify No Internet Connection
Sometimes, Spotify does not detect the Internet connection because it cannot recognize your DNS. If you want to change DNS settings, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel in your system
- Click on Network and Internet then select Network and Sharing Center
- Select Change Adapter Settings.
- Open your active Network Adapter then click on Properties
- Click Internet Protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) then select Properties
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses
- Input 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 in the Preferred and Alternate DNS server respectively.
Click OK and check if Spotify internet connection issues are resolved properly or not.
Solution 4: Reinstall Spotify Player to Fix Spotify Error Code 4
If none of the above solutions solve the Spotify Internet connection error, then uninstall Spotify Music Player first, and then reinstall it.
Hope this guide helped you, tell us in the comments which solution worked for you!