Spotify Keeps Pausing Music, randomly on PC/Android/iOS?
We all get frustrated when the music stops in the middle and I realize it destroys the mood of a listener: by pressing the play button, again and again, making the rhythm break.
But not to worry guys,
the Spotify pausing issue is a very general issue on all devices.
Users often complain about it. It may happen due to many reasons but fixing is not very difficult.
In the article, I’ll be telling you the three quick and easy solutions on how to fix Spotify keeps pausing music.
5 Solutions to Fix Spotify Keeps Pausing Songs
The following five solutions are really easy to implement and I have explained them step by step.
Note: Navigations may vary for each phone, Look for the the exact names or synonyms in your phones. If you don’t get it, Let us know in the comments!
Solution 1: Sign Out and Sign In Again
Whenever you face this problem, quickly sign out from all the devices.
This applies to all the devices(iOS, PC, Android). This option will work by signing into your Spotify account in a browser. The following are the ways to sign out:
- Visit the Official Spotify website and Sign in to your account.
- Click on your Profile name at the top right and then choose Account Settings.
- Now in the Account Overview tab, after scrolling down find the “Sign Out Everywhere option” and tap on it.
Additionally, you can log out of your phone as well. This will remove all your logged-in accounts and then give you a fresh start. All you have to do is:
- Go to the settings menu
- Scroll down to Log Out.
This will sign out your account from all the devices that you were using with this account.
Solution 2a: Disable Background Restrictions on iOS (Enable background refresh)
This method helps the fixing of the Spotify Keeps Pausing on iOS devices(iPhone/iPad).
If you’re an Android user, jump to solution 3. Background restrictions are imposed by iOS to optimize your battery and give you a larger battery cycle. Spotify may be blocked as a result of restrictions on background activity. Disable by following these steps:
- Open “Settings”
- Tap on “General”
- Go to “Background App Refresh”
- Set “Background App Refresh” toggle to be ON
This will enable the feature completely and check if you can now listen to your music without any hiccups.
Solution 2b: Disable Background Restrictions to fix Spotify Keeps Pausing on Android
This method helps the fixing of the said issue on Android devices.
The restrictions of background activity are the cause of this hindrance. The features address the issue of saving the battery of your phone by stopping the active background applications. This might be the issue for pausing the music on Spotify.
To get rid of the problem:
- Go to Settings on your phone, select Apps/Manage Apps option
- Look for the Spotify application and open it. Now click on the Battery/Battery Saver option in the list
- Now we need to turn off the restriction by selecting No restrictions.
Note: In some phones, we just need to toggle on Allow background activity.
Solution 3: Turn off the battery saver mode.
Turn the battery saver mode off. Try to exclude Spotify from android’s doze.
- Find “Settings” in the App Drawer
- Tap Battery
- Choose the menu button and choose ‘Battery optimization’
- Then in the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select ‘All apps’
- Scroll down to Spotify – tap it and select ‘Don’t optimize’
Add an exclusion for Spotify if a third party battery saver or memory cleaner is running on the phone
Solution 4: Clear App Data (Android)
Delete all your Spotify data on your phone, and settings that automatically run when you use Spotify on your phone. This won’t delete any of your personal data.
- Go to Settings
- Navigate to Apps and scroll down to Spotify
- Go to Storage
- Tap on ‘Clear Data‘ Button
You can also try reinstalling your app, and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 5: New Spotify Account will Fix Spotify Keeps Pausing Music Issue
A new Spotify account may work if the above-listed solutions don’t. The issue shouldn’t exist any further.
By trying these above solutions one can get this issue solved. Comment which solution solved Spotify Keeps Pausing on Android/iOS/PC issue for you.