Discord won’t open sometimes?
to fix discord not Opening issue on your PC, I have 7 actionable ways you can fix it.
7 Solutions To Discord Not Opening
That’s something you should not worry about. Some little system settings might be causing this issue. So just hang in there because these solutions are going to open your Discord
Solution 1a: End Task from Task Manager
Sometimes the app doesn’t open because it’s already running in the background. So finding the app and then trying to end the process and restarting it might solve your issue as mentioned below.
- Press and hold these three keys(CTRL+SHIFT+DEL) which will open a task manager
- Select the Process tab and you will see a list of tasks
- Find discord.exe
- Select discord.exe and then click End Task which will be at the bottom right corner.
- Wait for some seconds while it tries to end the task.
- Relaunch the app and it will open.
Solution 1b: Ending Task Alternative
This is an alternative for those whose Discord didn’t open the following solution
- Press Windows key + R
- A box will appear in which you will Type cmd and Enter to open command Window
- Type “taskkill /F /IM discord.exe” (Note the spaces, try copying what’s between “Quotations marks”)
- When the process is finished relaunch the app and it would start running
Solution 2: Try Using The Web Version to fix Discord Not Opening
If the previous solution didn’t work for you then don’t worry because Discord can also be accessed through the web version. Accessing the web version resets your sessions/cookies and once you login through your browser, the discord app would run fine. You just need to Discord Web and login to use it. This will Many people found this solution much reliable as it will help you open your Discord.
Solution 3: Set Date/Time to fix Discord Won’t Open
You might find it strange but this is one other way to open Discord. You just have to:
- Right-click on the bottom right corner of Windows task menu on the Date Box
- Select Adjust date/time
- In the Date and time window click on Set Time Automatically and toggle it to on
- Now launch the Discord app
Solution 4: Disable Proxy
In some windows, Discord opens but in Windows 10 discord has an issue with a VPN so it does not open. To disable the proxy:
- Click on the Windows icon and Type Control Panel and press Enter
- Now, Click on Network and Internet
- Go to Internet Options
- An Internet Properties window would appear so click on the Connections tab
- Click on Local Area Network(LAN) settings
- Untick Use a proxy server for your LAN under Proxy server
- Click ok and then Apply
- Launch Discord app
Solution 5: Remove Malware to fix Discord Won’t Open
Sometimes your PC may carry some corrupted files through your browser which leads to not opening of Discord so to open it you just have to run an anti-malware program such as Malware Bytes.
- Install a malware program or you can also check for threats in Windows Defender.
- After installation run the program which will search any malware threats or viruses and remove them
- Then run your antivirus software which will assure you no malware threats are there
- Launch Discord and check if there are still many problems.
Solution 6: Domain Name Server(DNS) Reset
Sometimes due to the corruption of DNS settings your app might not connect to the internet. So let’s configure DNS
- Hold the key Windows + R at the same time
- Type “cmd” in the box which will appear and press Enter
- Type “ipconfig/flushdns” and press Enter
- Wait for some time while it processes
- Launch Discord app
Solution 7: Reinstall Discord by deleting AppData contents as well
Sometimes the solution lies in the app as many features update regularly so why not uninstall Discord and update it by downloading a new version.
Simply follow these steps
- Press Windows + R and a Run command box will appear
- Type appwiz.cpl in the command box and press Enter
- An application manager will appear and look for Discord in it
- After finding it Right-click on Discord and select uninstall
- Hold Windows Key + R
- Type “%appdata%” and press Enter that will show you all the app folder that contains their Contents such as cache
- Locate the Discord folder and delete it. If you can’t find a discord folder, it can be possibly hidden.
- Select View from the top bar and check the Hidden Items option.
- Now install the latest version and restart your PC.
I hope these solutions will lead you to open Discord and hope you find it easy. Most importantly let me know which solution best fits you by leaving a small comment or review.