Trying to Reinstall Discord? and your Discord Installation has Failed?
It can rarely occur for a fresh install as well.
You wouldn’t have removed the local files completely which might conflict with Discord when you install it again.
Discord is the most used VOIP application by gamers around the world making communication way easier between two partners.
Why won’t discord install on my PC?
Discord won’t install on your PC(Windows/macOS) due to three common issues that can be quickly solved:
- Discord is still running in the background: It’s best to remove Discord from your PC before Reinstallation to fix discord installation failed.
- Discord lacks Administrator Level Privileges: If Discord doesn’t have administrator-level privileges, it won’t be installing Discord in most cases.
Right-clicking on Set-up and running as Administrator will work it out.
- Older Discord Data: Cache files or some corrupted data can interfere with a fresh installation. Deleting your older data can fix this issue.
How do I fix discord Installation failed?
The best fix that works in discord installation failed by a complete/fresh install. To get a fresh install, you need to delete the older files and install the fresh installer.
So you don’t need to worry, All you need is to follow the steps given in Solution 1.
How do I install Discord on Windows 10?
You can Install Discord on Windows 10 by following the steps below:
- Go to Discord official website and click the Download option on the top left of your screen.
- Now open the downloaded file and click Run to install discord on windows 10
What is Discord EXE?
The Discord.exe file is a software component of Discord as Discord is the most use VOIP of all time and to run Discord the file Discord.exe is necessary.
Can I delete Discord setup?
Yes you can delete Discord Setup anytime you wa nthh
Solution 1: Uninstall Discord From Your PC
So firstly, you need to do uninstall discord:
- Go to the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and End all tasks related to Discord
- Press Windows+R and a Run command box will appear
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the command box and press Enter
- An application manager will appear and look for Discord in it
- After finding it Right-click on Discord and select uninstall
Recommended Accessories & Add-Ons
|?-Buy Rogue High-Back LED-Lit Gaming Chair Now
|?-Buy Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless Gaming Headset Now
|?-Buy NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Wi-Fi Router Now
Solution 2: Deleting Local files
You might have uninstalled Discord in the past and forgot to delete it fully which means the local files.
if these files are there then Discord installation will be failed when you will try to reinstall it.
So let’s delete the local data
- Press Windows key and type Run in the search box
- Enter and RUN command box will appear
- Type %appdata% in the Run command box
- Right-click on Discord folder and select Delete
- Now install the Latest version of Discord and restart your PC again
Solution 3: Troubleshooting to Fix Discord Installation Failed
So if your Discord installation failed message still occurs after these two steps
Then this one might solve your issue
just try to check if you recently added any window update and if so,
Then here’s how you can remove the update:
- Press Windows key + I to launch the Settings app
- Click Update & Security
- On the left panel click Windows Update
- Click View Update History on the right panel
- Click Uninstall an Update
- Now look for the recent update you installed
- Right-click on that update and select Uninstall
- After this reinstall Discord
Moreover, you should check your drivers and if they are outdated then this can also lead to Discord installation failed.
So, I recommend try updating your drivers, and its also best if you want to have a smooth experience of Discord.
I hope this helped get your Discord to install back on your PC
Do leave a comment and ask any questions you want to.