Discord Overlay Feature is NOT working?
Are you unable to share Screenshots, Chats
Send voice messages?
You don’t need to worry!
As it’s not only you reporting this issue. Discord is the most used VoIP(Voice Over Internet Protocol) by professional gamers around the world.
Does discord overlay affect FPS?
Yes, discord overlay affects FPS as the FPS drops heavily so its best to disable Discord overlay.
Why is Discord Overlay Invisible/Not Showing?
There can be multiple reasons for it:
- Game List: You might have not added the game to the game list properly.
- Overlay Position: Check if the Overlay position is not moved to the edge of the screen
- Scaled Display: You are not using a scaled display. Right-click on the home screen > go to display settings and ensure you are on the recommended settings
- Antivirus: Turn your antivirus off.
- Hardware Acceleration: Lastly, try turning your hardware acceleration off
These are the top 5 reasons where most discord users reported on why Discord Overlay wasn’t showing up.
How do I get my discord overlay to work?
Just follow these 5 solutions and get your discord overlay not working in-game issue solved to play your favorite games(CSGO, Fortnite, League of Legends, Destiny 2, Among Us, PUBG and more).
Solution 1: How do I Enable Overlay in discord 2021? Enable Game Activity
You should make sure if you have Enabled the in-game overlay feature and here’s how you can enable it:
- Launch the Discord app and Click the Settings icon
- On the left side, you will see an Overlay option just click it
- Now turn ON the toggle next to Enable in-game overlay
- Again on the left side click Games and then make sure you turn ON the in-game overlay feature for the specific game you want to and you can do this by just clicking the monitor symbol button which will be next to your games.
- And if your game is not in the list click the GAME ACTIVITY section and Add it to Discord
- Now you can start your game and check if the Overlay feature works.
Recommended Accessories & Add-Ons
|🛒-Buy Rogue High-Back LED-Lit Gaming Chair Now|
|🛒-Buy Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless Gaming Headset Now|
|🛒-Buy NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Wi-Fi Router Now|
Solution 2: Update Discord to Fix Discord Overlay Not Working
I am sure this method will solve your Discord Overlay Not Working in the Game issue.
Sometimes the solution lies in the app as many features update regularly so why not uninstall Discord and update it by downloading a new version.
Simply follow these steps:
- Press Windows+R and a Run command box will appear
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the command box and press Enter
- An application manager will appear and look for Discord in it
- After finding it Right-click on Discord and select uninstall
- Hold Windows Key + R
- Type “%appdata% “and press Enter that will show you all the app folder that contains their Contents such as cache
- Locate the Discord folder and delete it.
- If you can’t find a discord folder, it can be possibly hidden.
Select View from the top bar; and,
check the Hidden Items option
- After it’s reinstalled Restart your PC and go to Discord
- Now install the latest version and restart your PC again
- Launch discord and add your game to it
Now, in the fresh install enable the in-game Overlay feature.
If you don’t know how? Just look at First Solution
Solution 3: Run Discord As Administrator
If your overlay is still not working then you should try running Discord as Administrator and you can do this by
- Right-click on the Discord shortcut icon on your desktop and select properties
- Now in the pop-up window go to the compatibility tab
- Then click the box next to Run this program as an administrator and click OK
- Launch Discord and run your game again and check if the overlay works.
Solution 4: Remove Discord From Third-party Antivirus App
Most Antivirus programs block Discord overlay due to suspicious processes due to which the feature doesn’t work.
So all you need to do is open your antivirus program and check if the Discord is in its block list and if it is there then add it as a trusted program.
Solution 5: Disable Hardware Acceleration In Discord
Many users have said that Hardware Acceleration turned On mostly leads to overlay not working in discord.
Hardware acceleration uses GPU to run discord smoother. So let’s disable this to fix discord overlay not working:
- Launch Discord and click the Settings icon to go to User Settings
- Now on the left panel click Appearance
- Then, turn off the toggle next to Hardware Acceleration
- Lastly, restart your game and check if the overlay works
I would be happy if one of the steps helped you in solving your Discord overlay not working problem.
And, you can just tell me this by leaving a comment below!