Missing DLL Files in Windows 11? DLL error Windows 11?
Are you facing an error message whenever you try to run or open a program or app saying “.dll file is missing”?
First of all, you don’t need to worry much because you are not alone in this and many users don’t even know which DLL file is missing on Windows 11.
Talking about Windows 11 as it contains lots of productivity features that will enhance the user experience and enable office workers to do work on multiple tasks on one screen at the same time, that’s super cool though!
READ ALSO: This PC Can’t Run Windows 11?
In Windows 11 you will get a fully new Microsoft store experience, in the new Windows Microsoft store you will have access to the android apps, which will enable users to use android apps on their PCs and this will improve productivity by using android tools on your PC.
The setting of Windows 11 is pretty similar to Windows 10 settings, so if you are familiar with the Windows 10 settings it pretty easy to rectify any error you have in Windows 11 due there a similarity,
Windows 11 enable the user to gather all of his work on one platform plus provides entertainment with your mobile apps. A start-up sound is also a unique thing after windows 7.
Now coming back to Missing DLL Files error in Windows 11, I just want to tell you that we have compiled a list of solutions for you to fix DLL missing files.
But before going to the fix there will be some questions regarding the DLL in your mind.
What is .dll File?
DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library file is used for one or more programs to run. Every time a program runs, it uses DLL
let’s say if the other program also runs and uses the same DLL file then there are chances that the second program will make changes to it or sometimes delete the DLL file.
How do I fix all DLL files missing error in Windows?
You can fix all DLL files missing error in Windows by following the list below:
- Restoring the missing DLL files from the recycle bin.
- Updating your Windows 11 OS.
- Updating your drivers.
- Reinstalling the program that causes this DLL files error message.
- Running a quick scan through your anti-virus.
Also read: How to Change Taskbar Color in Windows 11?
Solution 1: Install and Detect DirectX latest version
Many games require DirectX so that the game graphics and multimedia could be enhanced and some games don’t work without DirectX.
To fix the Missing DLL Files error in Windows 11 you need to install the latest version of DirectX
- Go to Microsoft official website and search for DirectX 10 or 11
- After downloading run the exe file.
- While following the on-screen instructions to install DirectX make sure you uncheck boxes that allow you to install toolbars.
- After the process is finished, restart your PC to make changes.
- Now check if the Missing DLL File error is fixed or not.
And if this didn’t work then check if your graphics card supports DirectX or not.
Solution 2: Update Driver on Windows 11 through Device manager
If you have outdated graphic drivers on your PC it can lead to many issues such as lag in games and one of the main issues will be the Missing DLL Files error in Windows 11.
For example, if you get a .dll file error while using a printer then the printer driver might be outdated.
So, it’s best to make sure that your graphic drivers are updated in order to overcome Missing DLL Files on Windows 11
Here’s how you can check for updates:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type device Manager
- Click to open Device Manager
- Then select the Print queues
- A further menu will open
- Right-click on the printer you are using.
- Click on the Update driver
- And then select Search automatically for drivers.
- After the updates are done restart your PC and check if Missing DLL Files Windows 11 is fixed.
Solution 3: Update Windows 11 to Fix Missing DLL Files in Windows 11
Sometimes your outdated PC is the main cause of the Missing DLL Files in Windows 11 and also replaces the.dll files.
For the best performance of your PC, you need to make sure that your Windows OS is up to date and it will also help fix Missing DLL Files Windows 11.
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates button.
- If there is any update it will start updating the PC
- It will take some time to update Windows OS and after that, you can restart your PC.
If the above solution didn’t work you can move on to the next one for fixing Missing DLL Files
Solution 4: Scan For Virus and Threats to Fix DLL Files Missing
When you download something from a malicious website you may download a virus with it. Although you have an antivirus installed on your PC still it can’t protect your system 100%.
Also, it replaces the DLL files
So, to overcome Missing DLL Files in Windows 11 it’s best to scan for viruses using the Windows 11 built-in virus protection software.
- Click on the Search icon
- Select Settings.
- Now click on Privacy & security > Windows Security
- Select Virus & threat protection and click on Quick scan.
- Wait for the scan to finish and then restart your PC to see Missing DLL Files in Windows 11 is fixed.
Solution 5: Scan System File to fix Missing DLL Files in Windows 11
Most errors are caused by corrupted files, so start by checking the system files to restore the Missing DLL Files.
You can do this using the command prompt. While typing commands be careful at the spaces between ‘/’ and word.
- Search by pressing the window key and type “Command Prompt“
- Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as Administrator“. The option is available in the right pane of the window too.
- Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Res and press Enter.
- It Might take up to 30 minutes to complete the process
- Once the operation is completed successfully, type “sfc /scannow” in the command line and then press the Enter key.
- If there were any corrupted files you would see the following message on the command line: “Windows Resource Protection detected corrupted files and successfully restored them.”
- If so, type exit and hit enter.
The corrupted files would have been fixed by now. You can restart your windows and check if Missing DLL Files in Windows 11 exists.
Solution 6: Use a System Restore Point to Fix Missing DLL Files
This feature helps you to restore your PC to a previous state as the Missing DLL Files might be due to previous changes made to the PC.
- Type in the search bar “Create a restore point”.
- Click on System Restore on the System Properties window that appeared.
- Then click Next when the System Restore window opens.
- Now check Show more restore points options; Select the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the instructions that are shown on the screen.
If you haven’t made a System restore point, this won’t be of help now, but it’s a great idea to have a restore point made when your PC/laptop is in a healthy state so you can jump back to that point if you face any problem.
Note: If there are no available restore points:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Search Recover -> Select Recovery
- Then go to Configure System Restore
- Select Configure
- Choose Turn on system protection to enable this option.
You would need to refresh Windows from Windows Defender to fix Missing DLL Files in Windows 11 issue if this didn’t work.
So, these are the best fixes we could get for you in fixing Missing DLL Files in Windows 11 and I hope you will try all of them because they are really easy to try and if you got any questions or have any fix on your mind let us know in the comment section
How do I reset a DLL file?
You can reset a DLL file by following the instructions below:
1. Search by pressing the window key and type “Command Prompt“
2. Type “sfc /scannow” in the command line and then press the Enter key.
3. Wait for the process to complete and restart your PC after it.
How do I fix missing concrt140 DLL?
You can fix missing concrt140 DLL by downloading Microsoft Visual Studio C ++ 2017.
After the installation restarts your PC and check if concrt140 DLL is fixed.