In Hogwarts Legacy, you can ride magical creatures such as the Hippogriff mount, in addition to flying on a broomstick. These creatures are a swift mode of transportation and can either fly in the air or gallop on the ground like a horse.
Here’s a guide on how to acquire one and when and where you can find one.
To obtain a Hippogriff in the game, you must first advance far enough in the main storyline to attend your initial Beast Class
- Following the class, you will first encounter a Hippogriff named Highwing
- After the class, speak with Deek in the Room of Requirement to acquire the Nap-Sack, a magical item that enables you to rescue and store beasts within it
- Once you learn how to utilize the Nap-Sack, continue to follow the primary questline until you arrive at the mission named The High Keep
- Follow the mission objectives to infiltrate Falbarton Castle with Natsai Onai. During the mission, you will discover Highwing captured by Theophilus Harlow’s men
How to Rescue Highwing?
Hippogriffs are highly targeted by poachers for their valuable feathers, making them incredibly vulnerable. Unfortunately, Highwing was recaptured alongside its paired half during the mission
- Proceed with the quest’s objectives by climbing up the castle all the way to the top
- On one of the castle floors, you can rescue two Puffskeins and a Niffler trapped inside a cage room
- Upon reaching the castle’s top, a cutscene will commence where you and Natsai release the two Hippogriffs
- After freeing the Hippogriffs, you will ride Highwing to escape Harlow’s men, soaring over the Hogsmeade Valley
After completing The High Keep quest and befriending Highwing the Hippogriff in Hogwarts Legacy, players can summon her to ride by holding LB/L2/Tab (Xbox, PS, PC) and pressing Y/△/2. This allows players to call on Highwing’s help whenever they need a fast and reliable mode of transportation throughout the open world.
So, that’s all that you need to know to get a Hippogriff and if you got any questions just let us know in the comments section below