Exploring the open world on a broomstick is a major attraction in Hogwarts Legacy, but players must complete a specific quest in the main story to gain access. Once unlocked, players can purchase and upgrade their broom, and enjoy various customization options.
This guide provides details on where to obtain a broom, how to unlock it, and how to enhance its capabilities.
Getting a Broom
Brooms in Hogwarts Legacy won’t be available until you’ve completed the “Flying Class” Main Quest.
Here’s what you need to do:
- You’ll meet Madam Kogawa and start a broomstick course in which you’ll have to navigate the various rings around the school.
- After completing the Flying class, go to the “Spintwitches Sporting Needs” shop next to Ollivander’s in Hogsmeade using any of the Fast Travel Points in the area.
- You’ll notice that the shop is closed if you have tried to go before attending your first Flying Class
- However, after entering the shop, speak to Albie Weekes and select one of the brooms he offers for sale, each priced at 600 Gold/Galleons. The five brooms have distinct designs, but they are purely decorative, so select whichever matches your preferred aesthetic.
- If you don’t have enough gold, you can sell some unwanted gear or go to Gladrags Wizardwear and open the Eye Chest using the Disillusionment Charm for an easy 500 Gold
How do you use a Broom in Hogwarts Legacy?
Before using your broom, make sure you’re not in a No-Fly Zone, which is indicated by the symbol located to the right of your minimap.
- Press and hold ([LB] Xbox, [L1] PlayStation, [Tab] PC), and then tap ([B] Xbox, [O] PlayStation,  PC) to equip the Broom on your Tool Wheel
- Flying works the same way as moving your character. Simply press and hold ([LT] Xbox, [L2]PlayStation, [Left Click] PC) to gain a temporary speed boost
Also Read: How to Change Your Gear Appearance/Stats
Upgrading Your Broom in Hogwarts Legacy
Purchasing your initial broom will also grant access to the Flight Test side quest, which Mr. Weekes will offer by directing you to meet Iselda Reyes at the Quidditch Pitch
- After a conversation with her, Iselda Reyes will propose a time trial where you must fly through rings, beginning from the Quidditch Pitch and finishing at a cove near the Hogsmeade Station.
- Hitting all 22 rings is unnecessary, neglecting one will subtract three seconds from your recorded time
- Collecting the golden bubbles positioned between the rings will provide you with a significant speed boost, eliminating the need for manual acceleration
- Whereas bursting a bubble will completely refill your manual boost, so make sure to take advantage of this.
- After beating Iselda’s record return to Mr. Weekes to finalize the quest. Eventually, he will contact you through the Owl Post to confirm that your broom upgrade is available
- After speaking to him you’ll have the option to purchase the upgrade for 1,000 Gold
We hope you found this guide helpful and if you got any questions do let us know in the comments section below