I know what it’s like buying a new PS5 and having no internet is more like worthless as for the past weeks my PS5 CAN’T CONNECT to WiFi within the time limit.
And not only this sometimes it times out while connecting which not only I and other users are also facing
you don’t need to worry because we have 9 quick fixes for you to get over this
Why does my PS5 keep failing to connect to WiFi?
The possible reasons your PS5 isn’t getting connected to WiFi are:
- The Play Station Network (PSN) is Down
- There are issues with your internet/router
- DNS Settings on PS5 haven’t been properly configured
- Interference between the router and PS5.
How to Fix PS5 Cannot Connect to WiFi Network Error?
You can fix PS5 cannot connect to wifi network error by:
- Check for WiFi connectivity issues.
- Restart your router.
- And check if other devices are having WiFi network error.
Can’t connect to WiFi within time limits PS5?
It means the server is taking too long to respond to a request for data from another device.
Video Guide For PS5 Not Connecting To Wi-Fi
Solution 1: Check if the Play Station Network (PSN) is Down?
If you think your internet connection is working properly then PS5 not connecting to Wi-Fi might be due to PSN servers which will be undergoing maintenance, so all you can do is confirm that this problem exists.
And for that, all you need to do is:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the service status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait.
- And if the site won’t load then surely it’s your internet connection problem
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
Solution 2: Restart your Router
The next thing you need to do to get over PS5 can’t obtain IP address within time limit is to power cycle your router
Restarting your router will allow you to establish a new connection with your ISP without any bugs.
Just follow the steps below:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 2 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check for your internet connection.
Best Routers To Buy
After checking the internet connection make sure you set the WiFi frequency band to 5GHz and for that continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Set the Wi-Fi frequency band to 5GHz on PS5
Before trying this solution you need to make sure that your router is a 5GHz one because many users were able to fix the error
And if you don’t have one then you need can get one from the Above Solution
So, follow the steps below:
- Click Settings > Network > Settings.
- Then click Set Up Internet Connection
- Select the network you are using and press the Options button on the controller
- Select Wi-Fi Frequency Bands and set it to 5GHz
Also Read: Call of Duty MW2 Dev Error 253 on PS5
Solution 4: Restart Your PS5
Whenever you encounter a PS5 connection speed slow or any game bug, you should restart the PS5
Restarting the console will eliminate any temporary error occurring due to the old cache.
So here is how you can restart your PS5:
- Turn on the PS5
- Press the Playstation button the quick menu will appear
- Select the Power option the small menu will appear
- Select the “Restart” Option
- Your PS5 restarts successfully
Still facing the error then proceed to update your router firmware.
Solution 5: Update Your Router’s Firmware
Sometimes outdated router software leads to a drop in internet speed resulting in PS5 can’t obtain IP address within time limit
So, it’s best to update your router firmware to get over the error.
And here’s how you can update your router firmware:
- Go to your router login page.
- Sign in and look for the software update option.
- And then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
So, updating your router firmware didn’t help you fix the error and then continue to the next one.
Solution 6: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
PS5 can’t connect to wifi within time limit also occurs when the router is too far from your PS5, so try bringing your router close to your PS5, and will receive strong signals leading to a stable internet connection.
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
If not then one more thing you can do to improve your internet speed is to use an ethernet cable for an uninterrupted PS5 internet connection.
Are you still, facing the error?
Then try a different network
Solution 7: Change to a Different Network
Some users reported facing cannot connect to the Wifi network within the time limit when connecting to a particular network, such as their home WiFi, but it goes away when they switch to a different network.
If you’re using your home or office network to play games, try switching to mobile data hotspot to see if it works
If not then continue to the next solution.
Solution 8: How to Change Your DNS Settings On PS5?
There are some faulty DNS servers that may cause lagging issues.
So, let’s change the DNS Settings:
- Click Settings > Network > Settings.
- Then click Set Up Internet Connection.
- Click on the network you are using.
- Now click Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual.
- For Primary settings enter 126.96.36.199 and for Secondary 188.8.131.52 to match the Google DNS.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
- And Reboot your PS5 to check if the error is gone.
Solution 9: Contact PlayStation Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website and tell them about PS5 cannot connect to the WiFi network within the time limit on their support page and they will typically reply to you within 24 hours.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error.
Hope all the above solutions help you to solve the PS5 can’t connect to PlayStation network within the time limit
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section down below.