WS-37368-7? Is WS-37368-7 a Permanent Ban?
Are you seeing the above error on your TV screen?
If yes then either you have a temporary or permanent banned PSN account.
So don’t worry because we have compiled a list of solutions to get rid of this WS-37368-7.
What does the code WS-37368-7 mean?
PS5 Error Code WS-37368-7 means:
- Your PSN account has been temporarily suspended or banned due to chargeback or payment reversal.
- Or you have violated the Terms of Service(ToS) of PlayStation.
Is WS-37368-7 a permanent ban?
WS-37368-7 depends on the violation of ToS as there are specific rules which lead to a permanent ban and it can’t be undone or appealed as compared to a temporary ban.
How do I appeal a PSN ban?
No, you cannot appeal for a PSN ban as every ban goes through a brief investigation by PlayStation Safety staff so it’s final.
How long does a PSN Ban last?
The minimum time limit for a PSN ban from Sony will last 7 days and can be extended until you pay off the remaining balance.
If you think your internet connection is working properly then PS5 WS-37368-7 might be due to PSN servers that will be undergoing maintenance, so all you can do is confirm that this problem exists.
And for that, all you need to do is:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the service status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait.
- If the server issue is fixed then do check for system software updates.
- And if the site won’t load then surely it’s your internet connection problem.
For this follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Check Your PS5 is Connecting to Your Network Correctly to Fix PS5 WS-37368-7
To solve the PS5 WS-37368-7 follow the steps given below
- Click the settings icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click Network > Test Internet Connection.
- If the connection test fails, then try reconnecting to your router through Settings > Set Up Internet Connection.
- And make sure you entered your Wi-Fi password correctly.
Moreover, try to upgrade your internet plan and then test connection speed.
Solution 3: Power Cycle Your Router to Fix WS-37368-7
If the above solution didn’t work then this solution has worked for many users in fixing WS-37368-7.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch.
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in.
- And log in to your PSN to check if WS-37368-7 is solved.
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix.
Solution 4: Review The Terms of Service(ToS)
You should consider giving a read to the PSN Terms of service and User agreement so that you could know which rule was broken by my child or yourself or anyone resulting in PSN network ban/ WS-37368-7.
Solution 5: Are my Payments being Blocked for Sony?
Remember that PlayStation is taking serious action when it comes to any kind of payment for them.
So make sure that your bank or card does not block any payments relating to subscription and you should contact your bank to overcome PS5 WS-37368-7.
Solution 6: Sign in to Another Device/Check your Email to Fix PS5 WS-37368-7
You can try signing into your PSN account on your phone or computer to see if the PS5 WS-37368-7 error still exists there too.
And if you were able to sign in to your PSN account on another device and were able to make online transactions then you are either temporary or permanent ban which means your account won’t work any longer.
For confirmation of the ban or any other actions taken by Sony, you should check your email first.
Don’t forget to check your Spam folder too as updates from Sony are forwarded there.
Solution 7: Contact PS5 Support
The last way you can sort out the issue is to Contact PS5 Support. The issue can be specific to your console and PS5 Support can possibly fix this.
I hope the above solutions solved your issue and if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.