CE-100095-5? PS5 can’t start Game or App?
You just would have bought your brand new PS5 and you downloaded the latest version of your favorite game and you came up with PS5 can’t start game or app CE-100095-5
There are a couple of fixes that have worked in fixing CE-100095-5!
Let’s try them to see which one works for you. Before we jump to solutions,
You might be wondering Why is my PS5 screen showing CE-100095-5?
The upcoming solutions will show you How to fix my PS5 error CE-100095-5?
Before we dive into resolving PS5 can’t start game or app disc problem, Let’s answer some of your questions on why you are facing error code CE-100095-5?
What is PS5 Error CE 100095 5?
PS5 Error CE 100095 5 is when you try to run the game or app and it leads to an error saying “Can’t start the game or app” so you are unable to play that specific game.
What are the reasons for PS5 Error CE 100095 5?
PS5 Error CE 100095 5 occurs while running the two most popular games of PS5 Spider-Man Miles Morales and Call of Duty-Black Ops Cold War.
But there are more reasons for CE 100095 5:
- There could be a bug in the PS5 system software, in the game/app, or in the storage device’s driver. As no software is made perfect. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have the need for updates for the PS5 system software, games, apps, or storage device drivers.
- There could be dust in your PS5 which could lead to Can’t Start Game or App PS5.
- The storage device is full so that there’s no space for the running of the game/app leading to CE 100095 5.
- Can’t Start Game or App PS5 could occur due to power surge or electrical short.
Video Guide For CE-100095-5
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
Solution 1: Check if the Play Station Network (PSN) is Down?
If you think your internet connection is working properly then PS5 Error CE-100095-5 might be due to PSN servers that will be undergoing maintenance.
So, all you can do is confirm that this problem exists.
How do I check my PSN status?
Here’s how you can check PSN status:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the service status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait.
- If the server issue is fixed then do check for system software updates.
- And if the site won’t load then surely it’s your internet connection problem.
If you think there’s an internet problem then follow the next solution to fix PS5 CE-100095-5
Solution 2: Eject and Re-insert the game disc
This solution has worked for many users and multiple users have reported that when they tried to eject the disc and then re-insert the game disc resulted in fixing PS5 can’t start game or app
So, you try this as many others users were able to fix their PS5 CE-100095-5 and if you are still facing then you can continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Power Cycle Your Router to Fix PS5 Can’t Start Game or App
If the above solution didn’t work then power cycling your router has worked for some users in fixing PS5 can’t start game or app.
How do I auto power cycle my router?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check if the PS5 can’t connect to PlayStation Network is solved
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix
You should have a powerful router like the one below to overcome PS5 can’t start game or app.
Also Read: PS5 error code NP-107938-8
Solution 4: Restart Your PS5 to Fix PS5 fehlercode CE-100095-5
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
Check out the best Tips: PS5 Won’t Turn On?
So, here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console and after a minute click on the power button of your console which will drain all the power.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plugin everything back and Restart your PS5
- And try a wired internet connection after restarting and make sure you reconfigure your settings to check if PS5 fehlercode CE-100095-5 is fixed.
If the above solution didn’t fix PS5 CE100095-5 “cold war can’t start the game or app” then move on to the next solution.
Also Read: PS5 Not Connecting to Controller
Solution 5: Rebuild Database on PS5 to Fix erreur CE-100095-5
This is the best solution that has worked out for many users fixing erreur CE-100095-5.
This Rebuild Database on PS5 feature allows you to clean up the data on your PS5 and sort out everything on the hard drive.
- First, make sure your PS5 System Software is up to date
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now go down to option number 5 and select “Rebuild Database“
- Wait for the process to complete and your ошибка CE-100095-5 problem will be solved.
Solution 6: Update the System Software Automatically to Fix ошибка CE-100095-5
If updating PS5 didn’t fix ps5 can’t start game or app modern warfare then you need to update your PS5 System software to the latest version.
Make sure your PS5 has a proper internet connection.
How do I update my PS5 software?
So, you will be updating the system software automatically:
- On your screen with the help of the PS5 DualSense controller go to Settings.
- Now select System > System Software Update and Settings.
- Next set updates to download and install automatically.
- Then select Update System Software and your PS5 will check for updates.
If there are any updates, then after that PS5 will handle all the worries and all you need to do is wait to get your PS5 can’t start game or app modern warfare fixed
Solution 7: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
How do I improve my Wi-Fi Speed?
PS5 can’t start game or app Netflix also occurs when the router is too far from your PC,
so, try bringing your close to your system and will receive strong signals leading to a stable internet connection.
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
And if you can’t do this then try buying a powerful router that will provide you strong and wide signals around your house.
Or you can establish a wired internet connection too. And then check for PS5 can’t start game or app NetFlix issue solved.
After improving the Wifi speed if you still have CE 1000955 then move to the next solution.
Solution 8: Download and Install the Latest PS5 System Software Manually Via USB
This is the best solution that is has worked so far for many users to fix the CE 1000955 PS5 Error.
All you need to do is install the latest PS5 system software update and here’s how:
- Plug USB drive( Minimum 2 GB free space) into the PC and create a folder naming PS5 on the USB root path.
- Create an Update folder in that PS5 folder.
- Download the System Update file from the Official PS5 Website and save it with the name PS5UPDATE.PUP and store it in the Update folder.
- Connect the USB drive to your PS5.
- Turn on PS5 again and click the PS button on the controller.
- Now go to Settings > System Software Update.
- If you name the folder and file correctly PS5 will recognize it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Solution 9: Update Your PS5 Software Via a Game Disc
Next, you can do to solve PS5 Error Code CE-100095-5 is through a game disc.
As some games include the latest version of PS5 software as they may require the latest software version to run the game. So, a screen will be displayed which will guide you to the update process.
If you are still facing PS5 Error CE 100095 5 then continue to the next solution.
Solution 10: Delete and Reinstall the Game to Fix CE-100095-5
This technique has worked for many users to solve PS5 Error CE 100095 5.
There could be some corrupted game data or files so why not delete and reinstall the whole game.
- On the PS5 home screen select the game or application which you want to delete.
- Press the options button and select Delete from the list.
- Then select OK to confirm.
- Now go to Game Library on the home screen.
- Find the game which you want to reinstall, select it, and choose the Download option.
Solution 11: Contact PS5 Support
The last way you can sort out PS5 can’t start game or app NetFlix is to Contact PS5 Support.
The issue can be specific to your console and PS5 Support can possibly fix this.
If the above solutions didn’t help you fix PS5 can’t start the game or app then at the end what you can do is try the things mentioned below:
- You can check out technicians, or Sony Experts in your area and ask them to fix it.
- Lastly, look out for services in your country that do make your PS5 refunds possible as there are always some services when official support is not available.
Why does my PS5 say can’t Start the Game or App?
Your PS5 says can’t Start the Game or App as your PS5 has not been shut down properly so, it’s best to restart your console properly.
Why can’t I play games on my PS5?
You can’t play games on PS5 as there may not be enough space or the cache is full so, it’s best to clear your cache.
What is Blue Light of Death PS5?
There is no such thing as Blue Light of death, but blinking blue light does indicate an issue. Neither relates with PS5 can’t Start the Game or App.