PS5 Not Reading Disc? Won’t Accept Disc? Not Recognising Disc?
The PS5 disc version is having problems such as PS5 not reading disc or the PS5 won’t take disc but you don’t need to worry as it’s a solvable issue and we have prepared some valid solutions for you to solve PS5 can’t read disc.
What are the causes of PS5 Not Accepting Disc?
There are three causes which lead to PS5 not accepting disc:
- When there’s already a disc in the console or the disc is dirty.
- You have inserted a damaged disc leading to not reading the disc.
- Or the console firmware or the eject button may be worn out.
Will PS5 allow PS4 discs? PS5 Not Reading PS4 Discs?
Yes, you will be able to use PS4 discs in PS5 and play them also you will be able to download the digital software purchased from the PlayStation store.
Why wont my PS5 read discs?
Your PS5 won’t read discs due to the following reasons:
- Disc drive may be damaged.
- The Disc might be dirty.
- Or PS5 Software may not be updated.
How do I fix my PS5 Not Accepting discs?
You can fix PS5 not accepting discs by knowing how to insert the disc properly in PS5.
Here’s how you can do it:
Solution 1: Cleaning The Blu-Ray/DVD Disc
The first thing you need to do is check the disc if PS5 Not Accepting Disc is occurring when you insert the disc.
For this you need to do is:
- Eject the disc manually by pressing the Eject button on your console
- OR you can press the Options button on your DualSenese controller which is on the Home menu which will give you the option to Eject Disc.
- Now check the disc carefully for any scratches or smudges underside.
- Clean the disc using a clean, soft microfiber cloth.
- Insert the Disc back into your console and check if PS5 Not Accepting Disc is fixed.
Solution 2: Reboot Your PS5 in Safe Mode to Fix PS5 Not Reading Disc
So restarting PS5 in safe mode has solved the error for many users.
You will not lose your personal data while using this solution.
Just follow the steps:
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing the power button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now connect the DualSense Controller and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Select Restart PS5 and press X to reboot your console in Safe Mode.
- If PS5 boots back into a safe loop then you can check if PS5 Not Accepting Disc is solved.
Solution 3: How to Insert a Disc Into Your PS5?
Sometimes you are inserting the disc in the wrong way which can lead to PS5 Not Accepting Disc.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Plug the power cable into your PS5
- Now slowly insert your disk into your Standard Edition PS5 and just keep pushing it Slowly
- make sure your console is placed horizontally or it won’t read the disc.
- And insert that disc that is compatible with PS5 as your console can’t read PS3 or older game discs.
So if this doesn’t work then continue reading the next solution
Resetting PS5 will solve PS5 Not ReadingDisc but it will completely wipe off everything from the console whether it’s a game, save data, and any other content.
So its best to backup data first on your cloud storage and here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings, then select Saved Data.
- Now choose the type of data you want to backup and click Next.
- And PS5 backup will begin.
After backing up your data, now you can reset your PS5:
- Go to Settings
- Then go to System
- Select System Software> Reset Options > Reset Your Console > Reset.
- PS5 will restart and you will be directed to the setup process.
Solution 5: Contact PS5 Support
The last way you can sort out the issue is to Contact PS5 Support. The issue can be specific to your console and PS5 Support can possibly fix this and if your PS5 is in warranty then it will be fixed easily.
I hope the above solutions helped you fix your issue and if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.