PS5 Error CE-107938-8? PS5 something went wrong?
Are you seeing an error message saying “Something Went Wrong update” on your screen?
then you are not the only PS5 user having PS5 update something went wrong issue.
So, right now there will be some questions in your mind such as
What does error code CE 107938 8 mean on PS5?
CE-107938-8 means on PS5 that:
- You turned your PlayStation 5 console OFF during an update.
- Or the update failed to download.
What causes PS5 Error 107938-8? PS5 Won’t Update Something Went Wrong?
PS5 Error 107938-8 is caused due to the following reasons:
- When PS5 wont download games, update or the patch due to some bugs in the version.
- It occurs mostly when you are trying to download these games digitally such as Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War, Demos’s Souls, and many others will lead to PS5 Won’t Update Something Went Wrong.
Also Read: PS5 Screen Flickering
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
How to fix PS5 Error 107938-8? PS5 Won’t Update Something Went Wrong?
You can fix PS5 Error 107938-8 by doing the following steps:
- Power cycle your PS5 without rest mode.
- Delete the game and download it again and Reinstall.
- Make sure you use a wired Ethernet connection for speedy download.
- And your PS5 Won’t Update Something Went Wrong will be fixed.
Video Guide For PS5 Error 107938-8
Also Read: PS5 Error code CE – 34878-0
Solution 1: Download and Reinstall the Game to Fix PS5 Error 107938-8
This fix is so far for Digital downloads and for PS5 won’t update something went wrong. The only Official fix on the PlayStation website to fix is:
- Delete and Reinstall the application again.
- And make sure you don’t turn off your console during the updated process.
The reason the fix works is whenever you download the game fully it comes with the latest version and one thing you need to keep in mind to fix PS5 won’t update something that went wrong:
- It will take around several hours depending on the huge size of the game
- Make sure you got a speedy internet connection for fast download.
And if you are downloading it physically through a disk then PS5 CE-107938-8 will still occur.
If the above solution didn’t work for you then all you need to do is follow the next one.
Solution 2: Restart Your PS5 to Fix PS5 Something Went Wrong
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
PS5 Won’t Turn On? Check out the best Tips
So, here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console and after a minute click on the power button of your console which will drain all the power.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plugin everything back and Restart your PS5
- And try a wired internet connection after restarting and make sure you reconfigure your settings to check if PS5 CE-107938-8 is fixed.
Moving on to the next solution to fix CE-107938-8
Solution 3: Update Your PS5 Firmware to Fix CE-107938-8
To fix PS5 Error CE-107938-8 you need to check for updates and download the latest version.
How do I update my PS5 software?
Although it updates automatically so, its good to check for updates yourself:
- Make sure PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System > System Software.
- Then go to System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5.
- And your PS5 Error CE-107938-8 will be solved.
Solution 4: Rebuild Database on PS5 to Fix PS5 System Update Something Went wrong
This is the best solution that has worked out for many users fixing PS5 system update something went wrong.
What happens if you rebuild your PS5 database?
This Rebuild Database on PS5 feature allows you to clean up the data on your PS5 and sort out everything on the hard drive.
- First, make sure your PS5 System Software is up to date
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now go down to option number 5 and select “Rebuild Database“
- Wait for the process to complete and your PS5 system update something went wrong problem will be solved.
Solution 5: Contact PS5 Support
The last way you can sort out the ce-107938-8 is to Contact PS5 Support. The issue can be specific to your console and PS5 Support can possibly fix this.
I hope the above solutions solved your PS5 Error Code CE-107938-8
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.
What is the latest PS5 firmware?
The latest PS5 firmware update version is 21.02-04.02. 00, and it comes in at 913.7MB.
What to do when your PS5 says something went wrong?
When your PS5 says something went wrong you need to restart your Wifi or any other network device from which you are connected to the internet.
What does it mean when your PS5 says PlayStation Network is currently busy?
When your PS5 says PlayStation Network is currently busy it means that PSN servers may be down.
Does PS5 need an update?
PS5 mostly updates automatically and its games too but its good to check for yourself for PS5 updates