PS5 Error 107938-8? PS5 Won’t Update Something Went Wrong?
Are you seeing an error message saying “Something Went Wrong update” on your screen?
If yes then you are not the only PS5 user having PS5 update something went wrong issue.
So right now there will be some questions in your mind such as
What does error code CE 107938 8 mean on PS5?
CE-107938-8 means on PS5 that:
- You turned your PlayStation 5 console OFF during an update.
- Or the update failed to download.
What causes PS5 Error 107938-8? PS5 Won’t Update Something Went Wrong?
PS5 Error 107938-8 is caused due to the following reasons:
- When PS5 wont download games, update or the patch due to some bugs in the version.
- It occurs mostly when you are trying to download these games digitally such as Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War, Demos’s Souls, and many others will lead to PS5 Won’t Update Something Went Wrong.
How to fix PS5 Error 107938-8? PS5 Won’t Update Something Went Wrong?
You can fix PS5 Error 107938-8 by doing the following steps:
- Power cycle your PS5 without rest mode.
- Delete the game and download it again and Reinstall.
- Make sure you use a wired Ethernet connection for speedy download.
- And your PS5 Won’t Update Something Went Wrong will be fixed.
Solution: Download and Reinstall the Game to Fix PS5 Error 107938-8
This fix is so far for Digital downloads and for PS5 won’t update something went wrong.
The only Official fix on the PlayStation website to fix is:
- Delete and Reinstall the application again.
- And make sure you don’t turn off your console during the updated process.
The reason the fix works is whenever you download the game fully it comes with the latest version and one thing you need to keep in mind to fix PS5 won’t update something went wrong:
- It will take around several hours depending on the huge size of the game
- Make sure you got a speedy internet connection for fast download.
And if you are downloading it physically through a disk then PS5 CE-107938-8 will still occur.
If the above solution didn’t work for you then all you need to do is wait until Sony comes with a proper solution.