PS5 has made it easier to switch from long gaming sessions to Netflix epic shows
If that’s the case then you don’t need to worry much!
Why is Netflix not working on my PlayStation 5?
We have some Quick solutions for you in the guide below to fix Netflix Not Working On PS5.
Solution 1: Restart Your PS5
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up and help you fix Netflix Not Working On PS5.
Check out the best Tips: PS5 Won’t Turn On?
So, here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console and after a minute click on the power button of your console which will drain all the power.
- Now, wait for 20 minutes, plug in everything back,
- After restarting your PS5 launch Netflix to see if Netflix Not Working On PS5 is fixed.
And if you want to restart your PS5 through the main menu then follow this video guide:
If the above solution didn’t fix Netflix won’t launch on PS5 then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Restart your Router to Fix Netflix Not Working On PS5
Restarting your router will allow you to establish a new connection with your ISP without any bugs and help you fix “Netflix Not Working On PS5”
Just follow the steps below:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 2 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check for your internet connection.
Best Routers To Buy
After checking the internet connection if still, Netflix crashing On PS5
then continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Update the System Software Automatically
You need to update your PS5 System software to the latest version to fix Netflix Not Working On PS5.
Make sure your PS5 has a proper internet connection.
How do I update my PS5 software?
So, you will be updating the system software automatically:
- On your screen with the help of the PS5 DualSense controller go to Settings.
- Now select System > System Software Update and Settings.
- Next set updates to download and install automatically.
- Then select Update System Software and your PS5 will check for updates.
If there are any updates, then after that PS5 will handle all the worries and all you need to do is wait.
Video Guide to Update PS5 System Software:
And check if you get to fix Netflix won’t launch on PS5.
Also Read: PS5 Error CE-10005-6
Solution 4: Check For Netflix Updates
Sometimes the outdated version of the app can lead to Netflix Not Working On PS5 so, it’s best you update Netflix which will also get you rid of bugs and glitches.
Here’s how to update Netflix on PS5:
- Select Media from the main screen on PS5
- And then select ‘Netflix app’
- On your PS5 controller, press the ‘Options’ button and then choose the Check for updates option
- Now select the ‘download and update’ option if a new version is available
- Wait while the latest version is being downloaded and installed.
- Now run the app to see if you get to fix Netflix crashing On PS5
And if you are still facing the same issue then continue reading.
Solution 5: How to Change Your DNS Settings On PS5?
Your ISP’s default DNS server could be down which could be leading to Netflix Not Working On PS5. So, it’s best you change your DNS settings on PS5.
So, let’s change the DNS Settings:
- Click Settings > Network > Settings.
- Then select Set Up Internet Connection.
- Click on the network you are using.
- Now select Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual.
- For Primary settings enter 220.127.116.11 and for Secondary 18.104.22.168 to match the Google DNS.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
- And Reboot your PS5 to check if Netflix Not launching On PS5 is gone.
Video Guide to Change Your DNS Settings On PS5:
Solution 6: Call Your ISP
If changing DNS couldn’t help you solve Netflix Not Working On PS5, then contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP).
They will access that data that you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
And if the situation is worse then they will be sending a professional and make it work for you.
If still facing Netflix crashing On PS5
then continue to the next fix.
Solution 7: Reinstall the Netflix app
If you couldn’t fix Netflix won’t launch on PS5 after contacting your ISP then the last thing you can try is to reinstall Netflix.
As the error could be due to a corrupted installation of the Netflix app before so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the Netflix app on PS5 follow the steps below:
- Select the gear icon on the top right of your home screen.
- Select Storage.
- Then select Console storage and go to Games and Apps.
- Now you will see a list of installed games and applications where you can find Netflix.
- Press the Delete button in the bottom-left and confirm
- After that, you can reinstall the Netflix app from the PlayStation store.
- And check if Netflix Not working on PS5 is fixed.
Video Guide to installing Netflix app on PS5:
Hope all the above solutions help you to solve Netflix Not Working On PS5.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section down below.
Our Social Handles!
Is Netflix on PS5 free in the USA?
No, Netflix is not free on PS5 in the USA. You have to select a subscription plan and pay for the package you want to enjoy.
Why does Netflix say error on PS5?
It means that your device isn’t connected to the internet or caused by a problem with your device or home network.
Can you watch Netflix on PS5 without PSN in the USA?
PSN is an important requirement to access Netflix on PS5 in the USA, so you cannot watch Netflix on PS5 without PSN.