Occasionally, connecting your PS5 to a hotspot becomes a necessity. We’ve all experienced moments when our Wi-Fi is down, or our housemates’ simultaneous downloads of multiple 4k movies cause lag and stuttering in our gaming sessions. Slow download speeds on the PS5 can be a frustrating issue.
In such cases, resorting to a hotspot can provide an alternative solution to keep your gaming experience smooth and uninterrupted.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting your PS5 to a hotspot, ensuring you’re always ready to game, no matter the circumstances.
Step 1: Enable Hotspot On your Devices(Android/iPhone)
Note: Android mobile setting will the same for all device but some skin of differnet brand might use different setting names.
- Go to your Phone settings
- Then to the “Mobile network“
- Select Personal hotspot
- Now enable the hotspot by pressing the toggle
- Also, note the name and password
- Now Hotspot is Enabled
- Open Settings
- Go to Celluar
- Click on the “Personal Hotspot“
- Click the toggle next to “Allow Other to Join“
- Now your iPhone Hotspot is Enabled
Step 2: Connect to a Hotspot/Different Wi-Fi on PS5
Most of the network errors are due to your connected network. Either it’s too slow or their some connection issues with your network. To see if your network is not faulty, try switching to a different Wi-Fi or your mobile’s hotspot.
- Go to Settings from the PS5 homepage
- Scroll down to Network and click on it to access Network Settings
- Choose Settings from the left sidebar and scroll down to Set up Internet Connection from the expanded menu
- Now you will see a connected Wi-Fi that can be the issue. Under that, you’d be finding more Wi-Fi signals and in my case, I see the hotspot I turned on as well.
In case you don’t find your Wi-Fi network, press the triangle button on your controller to scan networks.
- Scroll down to your desired Wi-Fi, click on it and enter your password to connect, and see if you are facing any errors.
Here’s how a video for the same process:
Why can’t my PS5 connect to my hotspot?
PS5 is unable to connect to your hotspot as your PS5 is not within the range of your hotspot’s signal. Weak signals or interference can lead to connection problem
How Much Data Does PS5 Use On A Hotspot?
The amount of data your PS5 uses on a hotspot depends on various factors, such as the type of activity you’re engaged in and the duration of that activity
Can a PS5 connect to a 5g hotspot?
Yes, a PS5 can connect to a 5G hotspot. The PlayStation 5 is equipped with Wi-Fi 6 support, which allows it to connect to both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks