How To Fix Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network?
PS5 Won’t connect to Internet?
So, you just bought your brand new PS5 or it has been just a few months and you are having a Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network error?
then you don’t need to worry as you are not the only one having this issue.
So, just calm down because we have prepared a list of some official solutions to solve Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network error.
What are the causes of Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network?
Some of the main causes of Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network are mentioned below:
- Your Wifi signals may be getting interrupted.
- Router firmware might be outdated
- PSN server may be down
- PS5 firmware might be outdated
Why does my PS5 say Cannot connect to Server?
Your PS5 can’t connect to the server as the PSN server may be down or your internet connection not working properly.
How do I disable IPv6 on PS5?
You can disable IPv6 on PS5 by following the steps below:
- Go to the Network settings of your console.
- Uncheck the box next to the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option.
- And then click the OK button.
Video Guide: Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network
Solution 1: Check if the Play Station Network (PSN) is Down?
If you think your internet connection is working properly then Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network might be due to PSN servers that will be undergoing maintenance.
So, all you can do is confirm that this problem exists.
How do I check my PSN status?
Here’s how you can check PSN status:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the service status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait.
- If the server issue is fixed then do check for system software updates.
- And if the site won’t load then surely it’s your internet connection problem.
If you think there’s an internet problem then follow the next solution to fix Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network.
Solution 2: Restart Your PS5 to Fix Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
Check out the best Tips: PS5 Won’t Turn On?
So, here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console and after a minute click on the power button of your console which will drain all the power.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plug in everything back and Restart your PS5
- And try a wired internet connection after restarting and make sure you reconfigure your settings to check if PS5 Won’t Connect internet is fixed.
If the above solution didn’t fix Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network then move on to the next solution.
Also Read: PS5 Not Connecting to Controller
Solution 3: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
How do I improve my Wi-Fi Speed?
PS5 Won’t Connect To internet also occurs when the router is too far from your PC,
so, try bringing your router close to your system, and will receive strong signals leading to a stable internet connection.
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
And if you can’t do this then try buying a powerful router that will provide you strong and wide signals around your house.
Or you can establish a wired internet connection too. And then check for PS5 Network issue is solved.
After improving the Wifi speed if you still have Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network then move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Power Cycle Your Router to Fix PS5 Won’t Connect To Internet
If the above solution didn’t work then power cycling your router has worked for some users in fixing PS5 Won’t Connect To internet.
How do I auto power cycle my router?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check if the Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network is solved
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix
You should have a powerful router like the one below to overcome Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network.
Also Read: PS5 error code NP-107938-8
Solution 5: Update Your Router’s Firmware to Fix Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network
If the above solution didn’t fix Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network then updating your router software will do the job.
Sometimes an outdated router software leads to a drop in internet speed resulting in can’t sign in to PlayStation Network
So, it’s best to update your router firmware, and here’s how you can do this:
- Go to your router login page.
- Sign in and look for the software update option.
Solution 6: How to Change Your DNS Settings On PS5?
If updating your router firmware PS5 network issues didn’t fix then there are some faulty DNS servers that may cause Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network.
So, let’s change the DNS Settings:
- Click Settings > Network > Settings.
- Then click Set Up Internet Connection.
- Click on the network you are using.
- Now click Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual.
- For Primary settings enter 22.214.171.124 and for Secondary 126.96.36.199 to match the Google DNS.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
- And Reboot your PS5 to check if PS5 Won’t Connect To Internet is gone.
Solution 7: Update the System Software Automatically to Fix PS5 Won’t Connect To WiFi
If changing DNS didn’t fix Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network then you need to update your PS5 System software to the latest version.
Make sure your PS5 has a proper internet connection.
How do I update my PS5 software?
So, you will be updating the system software automatically:
- On your screen with the help of the PS5 DualSense controller go to Settings.
- Now select System > System Software Update and Settings.
- Next set updates to download and install automatically.
- Then select Update System Software and your PS5 will check for updates.
If there are any updates, then after that PS5 will handle all the worries and all you need to do is wait to get the Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network fixed
Solution 8: Call Your ISP to Fix PS5 IPV6 Network
If updating your system software didn’t help you then what you can do to solve PS5 can’t connect to PlayStation Network is contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP).
They will access that data which you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
And if the situation is worse then they will be sending a professional and make it work for you.
Solution 9: Contact PS5 Support
The last way you can sort out Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network is to Contact PS5 Support.
The issue can be specific to your console and PS5 Support can possibly fix this.
I hope you get to know how to fix Cannot Connect PS5 IPV6 Network and make sure you try are the solutions above. Also, if you are still facing the error you should take your PS5 to the nearest Sony help center.
And if you got any questions, just let us know in the comment section.
What to do when your PS5 says Cannot connect to the server within the time limit?
When your PS4 says Cannot connect to the server within the time limit you can try the following things:
1. Check your internet connection.
2. Try to change your DNS settings.
3. Check PSN service status.
4. Power cycle your router.
How long does it take for PSN to do maintenance?
It takes about 2 hours for PSN to do maintenance.
What does initialization do on PS4?
Initialization on PS4 deletes everything on your PS4 whether it’s saved data, trophies, or images, and sets it to default settings.