Are you a PlayStation 5 owner experiencing issues with your DualSense controller?
Perhaps you’ve noticed decreased battery life, connectivity problems, or other performance issues. While some issues can be resolved with basic troubleshooting, others may require a firmware update to ensure optimal performance.
In this article, we will walk you through the process of manually updating your PS5 controller’s firmware, and also update it automatically too.
The PS5 controller update is pretty much straightforward and an easy job to do but it will take some of your time,
Can you recalibrate a PS5 controller?
Yes, you can recalibrate a PS5 controller by following the steps below.
- You will see a small hole at the back of your PS button on your controller which will be your reset button.
- Put a needle or toothpick into the reset hole.
- Press the button and hold on to it for a few seconds and release.
- Your controller would restart and will be recalibrated.
Also Read: FIXED: PS5 Not Updating?
How To Update PS5 Controller Manually?
Forgot to update your PS5 Controller during the startup prompt and you don’t want to wait for 24 hours?
No worries, here’s a foolproof workaround to manually update it as there is no manual update option till now in the PS5 settings:
- Cut off the internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Settings > Connect to the Internet and toggle it off by pressing X on it.
Network > Settings > Connect to the internet and slide the toggle off.”>
- Time travel to the future by going to Settings > System > Date and Time.
- Select Set Manually, change the day to the next day, and press OK. This will trick your PS5 into thinking a day has passed since the last update reminder.
- Unpair your controller by going to Settings > Accessories > General > Bluetooth Accessories. Select the connected controller and hit delete.
- Shut down your PS5 by holding down the power button until you hear 2 beeps till the console turns off as now you can’t use your controller.
- Plug in your controller to the PS5 using the cable that came with the console.
- Turn on the PS5 and press the PS button on your controller while it’s still connected to the PS5 via the cable. A prompt to update your controller will show up.
- If you have multiple controllers that need updating, simply turn off the updated controller and switch to the other one, it will automatically prompt you to update the second controller. If it doesn’t, repeat these steps.
- Once your controller(s) is updated, you can go back to step 1 and reconnect to the internet.
A video guide for updating the controller manually:
How To Update PS5 Controller Software Automatically?
PS5 automatically informs you to update to the latest controller version whenever there’s a new one available that you can update then or ask to Notify after 24 hours.
So, here’s How To Update PS5 Controller Automatically:
- Make sure your PS5 is connected to the Internet.
- When the controller update firmware arrives it will be shown on the Wireless Controller Device Software page with details about the update.
- Connect your DualSense controller with a USB-C charging cable as the controller won’t update wirelessly.
- Select the Update Now button and your PS5 controller will start updating.
- Make sure you don’t turn your PS5 off during the process.
- It will take a short while to update and you will be able to update the PS5 controller automatically.
- After the update, you can safely unplug the USB cable from the controller.
Here in this video, you can see how to check if you have the latest controller version:
So, these were the best solutions we could get for you on how to Update PS5 Controller; and,
If you got any questions, just let us know in the comments section.
Will PS5 controller have stick drift?
Yes, the PS5 DualSense controller has a Stick drift and is in the same position as the PS4 controller.
Does DualSense work with PC?
Yes, you can use your DualSense controller with PC and is compatible with Windows 10 and 11.
Can you use PS4 controller on PS5?
Yes, you can use the PS4 controller on PS5 but you won’t be able to use a PS4 pad to play PS5 games.