Looking at How To Update PS5 Controller?
You just saw your PS5 DualSense controller update and you skipped it accidentally?
Then you are surely at the right place.
The controller updates give eventually and the PlayStation doesn’t give you many options on the update so, it’s now or after 24 hours.
The PS5 controller update is pretty much straightforward and an easy job to do but it will take some of your time,
Video Guide: How To Update PS5 Controller? Manually / Automatically
Can you recalibrate a PS5 controller?
Yes, you can recalibrate a PS5 controller by following the steps below.
- You will see a small hole at the back of your PS button on your controller which will be your reset button.
- Put a needle or toothpick into the reset hole.
- Press the button and hold on to it for a few seconds and release.
- Your controller would restart and will be recalibrated.
Also Read: FIXED: PS5 Not Updating?
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
How To Update PS5 Controller Manually?
If you accidentally selected or dismissed the Update Now option which comes whenever your PS5 DualSense controller update comes but suddenly you realised that you really need to upgrade your PS5 controller.
So, if you don’t want to wait another 24 hours then,
here’s How To Update PS5 Controller Manually:
- First of all, you need to disconnect your PS5 from the internet and you can do this by turning your Wifi OFF.
- Or Click the Settings icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click Network > Connect to the Internet and disconnect your PS5 from the internet.
- Now go back to the System page and select Date and Time.
- And select Set Manually.
- Now set the date one day behind and press OK.
- All you need to do is restart your PS5 and when it gets turned On you will be prompted with a Wireless Controller Device Software page.
- Where you will select the Update Now and after some time you will be able to update PS5 controller manually.
- You can repeat steps 2 to 4 to connect your PS5 to the internet and Set the Date and Time Automatically.
Moving on to how to Update PS5 controller automatically.
How To Update PS5 Controller Automatically?
To update your PS5 DualSense controller automatically you need to wait for the official update to come.
So, here’s How To Update PS5 Controller Automatically:
- Make sure your PS5 is connected to the Internet.
- When the controller update firmware arrives it will be shown as the Wireless Controller Device Software page with details about the update.
- Connect your DualSense controller with a USB-C charging cable as the controller won’t update wirelessly.
- Select the Update Now button and your PS5 controller will start updating.
- Make sure you don’t turn your PS5 off during the process.
- It will take a short while to update and you will be able to update PS5 controller automatically.
- After the update, you can safely unplug the USB cable from the controller.
So, these were the best solutions we could get for you on how to Update PS5 Controller; and,
If you got any questions, just let us know in the comments section.
Will PS5 controller have stick drift?
Yes, the PS5 DualSense controller has a Stick drift and is in the same position as the PS4 controller.
Does DualSense work with PC?
Yes, you can use your DualSense controller with PC and is compatible with Windows 10 and 11.
Can you use PS4 controller on PS5?
Yes, you can use the PS4 controller on PS5 but you won’t be able to use a PS4 pad to play PS5 games.