Is your Werfault.exe consuming High CPU Usage?
You don’t know what even Microsoft Windows Error Reporting Fault Reporter is?
First of all, you don’t need to worry much because you are not alone in this and many users were trying some wrong fixes for Werfault exe on Windows 11.
We have compiled a list of the best solutions for you to fix the Werfault.exe application error.
Before going to the fix there will be some important questions regarding the Microsoft Windows Error Reporting that might be in your mind.
What is Werfault.exe? Is Werfault exe needed?
Werfault.exe is an executable file and stands for Microsoft Windows Error Reporting Fault Reporter.
It was introduced in Windows 8, and can also be found in the latest versions of Windows 10 and 11.
Microsoft Windows Error Reporting Fault Reporter is responsible to provide error reports as whenever an app or service crashes you can report it to Microsoft and that job is done by Werfault.exe
Werfault.exe is allocated in C:/Windows/System32/ folder and has a file size of 360,448 bytes.
Also Read: MMC.exe Error Blocked
Is Werfault exe a virus?
It’s totally safe as Werfault is a legitimate program digitally signed by Microsoft Corporation.
As it is legitimate but hackers can still attack the program to make changes and carry out their illegal activities through Werfault.exe.
Moreover, if you are a Windows XP or Windows Vista user and if you see this Reporting Fault Reporter process running on your PC then it’s an unwanted program as this file no longer works there.
Also, we can clear our doubt that Werfault exe is a virus or not by checking the file location as it should be located in its default file location when it was originally developed.
But still, to be on the safe side you can check if there’s a virus or not through Task Manager:
- Press together Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Go to Details and look for Werfault.exe
- Also on your right side under the description column make sure its name is correct.
- Right-click on it and select Open file location.
- If it is located at C:\Windows\System32
And if it’s not in the given address, then it might be a virus or a spyware.
What is C Windows syswow64 WerFault exe?
C Windows syswow64 WerFault exe is a part of the Windows Error Reporting system and appears when an app crashes or gets corrupt.
So, my advice is for you to run a full system scan with the help of an anti-virus program installed on your PC.
Solution 1: Update Driver on Windows 11 through Device manager
If you have outdated graphic drivers, network drivers, or any other driver in the device manager list on your PC
it can lead to many issues such as lag in games and one of the main issues will be the Werfault.exe in Windows 11.
For example, if you get a Werfault.exe High CPU usage while using a printer then the printer driver might be outdated and the same goes for any other driver.
So, it’s best to make sure that your graphic drivers or your printer, or any other driver are updated in order to overcome Werfault.exe High CPU usage Windows 11
You can use this technique to update other outdated drivers too.
Here’s how you can check for updates:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open Device Manager
- Then select the Print queues
- A further menu will open
- Right-click on the printer you are using.
- Click on the Update driver
- And then select Search automatically for drivers.
- After the updates are done restart your PC and check if Werfault.exe Windows 11 is fixed.
Also Read: LockApp.exe? What’s It? Is It Safe?
Moving on to the next solution to fix Werfault.exe by performing a scan.
Solution 2: Perform a System File Check to Fix Werfault.exe
Sometimes the damaged file can lead to Werfault.exe high CPU usage on Windows 11 and your program will be unable to run.
So, the Sfc(System file checker) helps you scan the errors and replaces them if Werfault exe replicated itself.
Here’s what you need to do to fix the Werfault.exe application error:
- Open Command Prompt as an Administrator, press Windows Key + X
- Or, search “Command Prompt” in the Startup menu, then choose Run as administrator
- Type “sfc /scannow”
- Be careful with the spaces between commands.
- This action may take up to 20 minutes so don’t interrupt it.
- After that restart your PC and check if Werfault.exe high CPU usage is solved or not.
Also Read: FIXED: Windows Performance Monitor?
If the Werfault.exe application error still exists then continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Perform Windows Memory Diagnostic Test
Windows Memory Diagnostic test will check your PC memory for errors and also check the drivers which are causing this Werfault.exe error.
Make sure you close all the apps and games.
Here’s how you can perform the Windows Memory Diagnostic Test:
- Press the Windows key and type Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- And press Enter.
- A window will pop up and click on Restart now and check for problems(recommended)
- Your PC will restart and will start scanning for errors.
- It will take some time so you don’t need to worry and your Werfault.exe application error will be fixed once you log in back to your PC.
Also Read: TOASTER.EXE Failed
Solution 4: Perform a Disk Cleanup to Fix Werfault.exe error
There may be a lot of junk in the form of temporary files on your PC which is causing the Werfault.exe application error.
So, you need to clear up the junk files with the help of the Disk Cleanup utility on your PC.
Here’s how you can clean up your disk:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Disk Cleanup
- Click to open Disk Cleanup.
- You will see a pop-up box and select the drive you want to clean up junk.
- It will take a short while for the process to complete.
- Now under the Files to delete section select the type of file you want to delete.
But we recommend cleanup the following things:
- Windows Update Clean-up
- Temporary Internet Files
- Windows error reports and feedback diagnostics
- Delivery Optimization Files
- Device driver packages
- Recycle bin
- Temporary files
Press OK and wait for the disk cleanup to finish and remember don’t turn off your PC while the process is going on.
Move on to scanning your PC to fix the Werfault.exe error.
Solution 5: Scan For Virus and Threats to Fix Werfault.exe application error
When you download something from a malicious website you may download a virus with it.
Although you have an antivirus installed on your PC still it can’t protect your system 100%.
Also, it can lead to Werfault.exe application error High disk/CPU/Network usage.
So, to overcome the Werfault.exe application error High disk Usage in Windows 11 it’s best to scan for viruses using the Windows 11 built-in virus protection software.
Here’s how you can for viruses and threats:
- Click on the Search icon
- Select Settings
- Now click on Privacy & security > Windows Security
- Select Virus & threat protection and click on Quick scan
- Wait for the scan to finish and it will let you know how to deal with the virus either remove or block it.
- Then restart your PC to see Werfault.exe error High Disk is fixed.
Your service host using too much GPU CHECK OUT FIX: Service Host High CPU Usage?
Solution 6: Disable Windows Error Reporting Service to Fix Werfault.exe error High CPU usage
If the above error doesn’t fix the Werfault.exe application error then you need to disable Windows Error Reporting Service.
If you are confused if you would even disable this Windows Service as it always feels haunting to do so. Well, don’t worry and the upcoming questions answer your worries.
Should I disable Windows problem reporting?
Disabling Windows Error Reporting Service will help you get over Werfault.exe error high CPU usage.
you should know that error reporting is an important service for Windows.
And you can always enable it back.
So, if you are really eager to know how you can lower your CPU usage?
Then, let’s disable Windows Error Reporting Service.
How do I turn off Windows Error Reporting?
So, here’s what you need to disable the Windows Error Reporting Service process:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- Then type services.msc and click OK to enter the service app.
- Scroll down and find Windows Error Reporting Service and double-click the Services to open its properties.
- In the Startup Type section, choose Disabled from the drop-down list.
- Click on Apply and then select OK.
- Restart your PC and see if the Werfault.exe error is fixed or not.
So, these are the best fixes we could get for you in fixing Werfault.exe High CPU Usage in Windows 11 and
Disabling Microsoft Windows Error Reporting from your system is not that much of an easy job and also we don’t recommend it to so that’s why we have provided you with the best possible solutions.
It’s best you try all the solutions and if you have any other fix related to the Werfault.exe application error or any type of question then just let us know in the comment section below.
What causes Werfault exe?
The causes of werfault exe are:
1. Outdated Drivers
2. Windows OS not updated.
3. Too many junk files.
How to check GPU Usage of Werfault?
You can check GPU Usage of Werfault.exe by:
1. Gooing to the Task Manager.
2. Look for Werfault .exe and click on the GPU usage column
Where is Werfault exe located?
Werfault exe is allocated in C:\Windows\System32 where it was store default when developed
Is Werfault exe safe?
Werfault exe is not a virus unless it replicates itself or harms your computer so it’s totally safe.