Avast Won’t Open?
Recently Updated Avast? or, you have another Virus/Malware removal tool already installed?
Whatever the problem might be, I will guide you through 5 Easy Solutions due to some common possible problems that can occur.
So, Let’s get started by first checking if you are up to date.
What Avast Won’t Open Problem is Caused by?
- Broken Avast installation – To solve this problem Avast has provided repairing or performing a clean install.
Solution 1: Get the Latest Update to Open Avast
Avast may not update itself to the latest version that would lead new viruses to attack the system making your system unprotected. Latest versions also solve bugs that weren’t fixed previously.
Updating to the latest version will make Avast scan for new threats and maintain security better. Follow these steps to get updated:
- Go to Settings
- Update & Security
- Windows Updates
- check for updates.
- Go to Start > type ‘firewall’ > double click on ‘Windows Firewall’. Click on the option ‘Turn Windows Firewall on and off’ > turn off firewall protection.
Note: Please check for the spaces between commands.
Solution 2: Repair Avast
You may try to repair the software of Avast. Follow these steps to fix it:
- Go to Start
- Type ‘control panel’
- Launch Control Panel
- Go to Programs
- (Go to Programs and Features)
- (maybe no – Uninstall a program )
- Select Avast
- Select Repair.
Note: When all steps of this solution are followed you must restart your PC.
Solution 3: Restart the Avast Antivirus Service
- Open the Run utility by using the Windows Key + R key
- Type “services.msc” in the opened box
- Click OK to open the Services Tool.
- Choose Administrative Tools.
- Click on the Services shortcut.
- Right-click on Avast Antivirus.
- Select Properties from the context menu which appears.