You might have seen “Toaster.exe Bad Image” error, and sometimes DataSafe Local Backup will appear in your task manager and start using GPU/CPU resources.
This can result in poor game performance. You may also face errors like “Toaster.exe stops working” or “Toaster.exe high CPU”
Wondering If it is a malware and How to Disable in Windows 10?
it’s harmless and you can solve the errors instantly!
What is Toaster.exe? What’s it?
It is best described as a Dell Data-safe Local Backup software process. The Toaster.exe file for the Dell Data-safe local backup is by default located in C: \ Program Files \ Dell DataSafe Local Backup.
It has a potential security risk, Which means they can be maliciously modified by the virus and used as a disguise for security scans. But many users also report that while the exe file is active, the mouse scroll function is turned off, so the dragging and dropping files do not work.
Is Toaster.exe virus, malware, or safe?
This is not a virus. However, Users facing high processor load in Task Manager may have been damaged by some viruses on the computer.
This is possible because it is an executable file, which means it could harm your computer.
How to Disable Toaster.exe in Windows 10 (Local Backup of DataSafe)
If you have determined that DataSafe Local Backup is slowing down your PC, or if you frequently see the error message “Toaster.exe Bad Image“, disabling the service usually resolves the problem. Here is a quick guide to doing this:
- Press the Windows + R to open the Run command.
- Type “services.msc” and press Enter to open the Services window.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Services screen and make sure the Extended tab is active.
- Scroll down to find the Soft Thinks agent service, Right-click, and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, activate the General tab and click the Stop button.
- After servicing stops. Use the drop-down menu next to the startup type to set the behavior to Manual and click Apply to confirm.
This guide should’ve fixed Toaster.exe failed issues like:
“Toaster.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
“Toaster.exe is not a valid Win32 application”.
If there’s something you didn’t get, please comment and let me know.