Many Valorant players face a common freezing issue in the game.
They say that the valorant freezes PC randomly if they shoot, click, or see an enemy in the middle of the game or give a black screen after loading screen causing lots of interruptions. Even though they can still talk and hear others through voice chat, Valorant remains frozen.
To prevent the freezing issue in Valorant, ensure that you have a stable internet connection. Having a reliable and fast internet connection will help minimize lag and disruptions during gameplay.
Why does my Valorant Keep Freezing?
If you are wondering why does my pc freeze when I play valorant, there could be several reasons why Valorant keeps freezing on startup.
7 common causes include:
- Hardware limitations: Your PC might not meet the minimum system requirements to run the game smoothly, leading to freezing issues.
- Overheating: Excessive heat can cause your PC’s components to throttle or shut down. Ensure your system is adequately cooled.
- Graphics drivers: Outdated or faulty graphics drivers can lead to compatibility issues during gameplay.
- Background processes: Other applications running in the background might be consuming system resources and causing conflicts with Valorant.
- Network issues: Unstable or slow internet connections can cause lag and freezing in online games like Valorant.
- Software conflicts: Certain software, such as third-party overlays or recording tools, can interfere with the game.
- Corrupted game files: If the game files are corrupted or incomplete.
Solution 1: Restart the PC
When valorant freezes pc, it’s recommended to restart the PC before attempting any other fixes. This is because restarting the PC can resolve any temporary errors caused by outdated cookies and cache or conflicts with other software on your system.
Solution 2: Close Unwanted Programs on PC
How to close Valorant when it freezes:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- And check if the crash is solved or not.
Solution 3: Power Cycle Your Router
If you’re still experiencing the Valorant freezing issue in mid-game on your PC after trying the previous solutions, power cycling your router could help you establish a better internet connection and potentially solve the problem. Here’s how to do it:
- Completely turn off your router by disconnecting the power cable from the power switch.
- Leave it turned off for 5 to 10 minutes before plugging it back in.
- Check if the Wi-Fi network is visible and properly connected to your devices.
It’s important to note that you should restart all devices affected by the power cycling process to ensure an accurate fix.
If the error still persists then proceed to the next solution to solve Valorant keeps freezing.
Read More: Super 6 Fixes: Valorant Error Code VAN 9001
Solution 4: Update Graphic Drivers Via Device Manager
Updating your graphics card driver is essential for ensuring optimal performance and compatibility with the latest software and games. Updating your graphics card driver can be done via the Device Manager in Windows and is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps.
Here is how you can update drivers through Device Manager:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open Device Manager
- Then select the Display adapters
- A further menu will open
- Right-click on the graphic card name
- Click on the Update driver
Solution 5: Check for Driver Updates of GPU/Video Cards of Different Company
When the video card drivers are not up to date, the GPU cannot keep up with modern gaming and may cause crashes. To resolve this, we suggest updating the video card drivers. Direct links to the main GPU manufacturers can be found below.
If the above solution didn’t work out then continue to the next one.
Solution 6: Turn off Overclocking To Fix Val Mid Game Crashing
Here are the steps to put CPU speed in default settings:
- Restart your PC
- When you see the company logo press “F2“(Key might differ depending on the Manufacturer)
- Now you will enter in BIOS
- Now go to Advanced Tab
- Locate Performance and
- Find Overclocking option
- Disable overclocking
- Save changes
- Exist BIOS
Solution 7: Check Valorant Graphics Settings
Sometimes the inappropriate graphic setting in the game UI causes Valorant freezing issues.
To ensure that this is the problem we will lower the graphic settings in Valorant:
- Go to Valorant Settings
- Navigate to the Video Tab
- Select the Graphics Quality
- Follow the settings shown in the image.
After applying all the steps in above mentioned graphic setting picture close the setting and restart the PC.
Solution 8: Disable Antivirus Software
In some cases, the third-party antivirus software installed on a computer may prevent the game Valorant from running properly.
In order, to disable the antivirus follow the step below :
- Select the arrow button on the taskbar a Small menu will open.
- Then click left on the Avast antivirus icon.
- The setting menu will open and select “Avast shield control“
- In a further menu, you will select the “10 minutes option“
- Now restart the game.
If the issue persists then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 9: Perform a Clean Boot on PC
If you’re experiencing issues with your PC like slow performance or unexpected crashes, it could be due to conflicting applications running in the background. A clean boot can help you start your computer with only essential services and drivers needed to run the operating system, helping you identify any conflicts or issues caused by third-party applications or services.
To perform a clean boot follow the steps down below:
- Press Windows Button + R Key
- The Run Dialogue Box will appear
- Type “MSConfig“
- Press Enter
- The System Configuration window will open
- Select Services tab
- Uncheck all the unnecessary services
- Only check those you need now
- Now click OK
If the error persists, then proceed to the next solution to solve the crashing issue on the PC.
Solution 10: Change the Power Settings on Windows 11/10
Power settings are an essential aspect of any modern PC’s performance optimization. When your PC’s power plan is set to the Balanced option plan, it may provide less power to a game, which can cause game lag or game crashes on startup.
Whether you’re using Windows, macOS, or any other operating system, adjusting power settings is crucial to ensure optimal performance and energy usage. In this guide, we will discuss how to change power settings on your Windows 11 and help you optimize your PC’s power usage to suit your needs and prevent the Valorant freezes but can still hear issue.
How do I change power settings in Windows 11?
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select the View option “Large Icon“
- Now find “Power Options” and click on it
- Choose your Power Plan “High Performance“
- If there is no other option expect a “Balanced “
- Then navigate to the left menu
- Select “Create a power plan“
- A new window will open
- Select the power plan to “High Performance“
- And click on Next
- The new power plan is available.
Solution 11: Use Discord? Disable the Overlays
Sometimes third-party apps might interfere with the game and cause Valorant Keeps Freezing. The overlays app is widely used to enhance the multiplayer experience in the game. But these apps also need more resources to run smoothly in the background.
So, overlay apps might cause the Keeps Freezing. To prevent any errors further we have to disable the overlays apps that are running on your PC in my case I am going to disable the discord overlays.
Here is how you can disable the Discord Overlay:
- Open the Discord
- Click on the gear Icon to Open “Users Settings“
- Find Activity settings from the left pane
- Click on the “Game Overlay” option
- Go to Enable in-game overlay option
- Click on the toggle to disable it
Solution 12: Reinstall Valorant to Avoid Valorant Freezing PC Issue
If none of the above solutions work out for you then it’s time to reinstall the game.
Sometimes due to some glitch or virus, the game file of the game gets corrupted or went missing. So when we perform the reinstalling process the missing file/corrupted file will automatically be cured.
Hope the above-mentioned solution helps you to solve Valorant freezing computer issue.
Share your experience in the comment section down below.
Why does Valorant keep freezing on Windows 11/10?
Valorant freezing on Windows 11/10 can be caused by various factors, such as hardware limitations, outdated drivers, background processes, network issues, or software conflicts.
Is it important to monitor my computer’s temperature while playing Valorant?
Yes, monitoring your PC’s temperature is essential. Use monitoring software to ensure your system stays within safe operating temperatures, and clean any dust or debris that might be causing overheating.
Are there any overlays or recording software that I should disable to prevent freezing?
Yes, certain overlays and recording software can cause conflicts. Disable them while playing Valorant.
What should I do if my internet connection is unstable?
If you experience an unstable internet connection, try connecting to a more reliable network, restart your router, or contact your internet service provider for assistance.
Why is Valorant locking up on startup?
Valorant locking up on startup can be caused by various factors, including outdated drivers, corrupted game files, background applications, firewall/antivirus settings, or insufficient system requirements.