Most of the players are complaining about Valorant error code VAN 9001 on the communities such as Reddit.
According to the players, they start getting VAN 9001 when they upgrade to Windows 11.
The VAN 9001 error message says”This build of Vanguard requires Version 2.0 and secure boot to be enabled in order to play“
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solutions to solve the Valorant error code VAN 9001.
We’d start with some basic fixes, and if those don’t help, Solution 5 definitely would.
In Windows 11 the Valorant requires and enforces the user to enable TPM and Secure Boot In Windows 11. Valorant wants to make sure it’s running on a trusted platform.
So, now we are going to enable the TPM and Secure boot. But, if you are sure that both are enabled then first we do some troubleshooting solutions in order to remove Valorant Error VAN 9001.
Solution 1: Restart the Game to fix Valorant Error Code VAN 9001
Whenever you encounter Valorant Error Code VAN 9001 and any game bug, you should restart the game before trying any further solutions.
All of these errors will be eradicated after a simple restart of the PC or any other platform you use.
Solution 2: Performing a Clean Boot to Initialize Valorant To fix Error code VAN 9001
Clean boot will help you to eliminate the unnecessary applications which are running on the backend.
And shut down any applications which are conflicting with each other and causing a Valorant Error VAN 9001.
Here is how to perform a Clean Boot:
- Press Windows Button + R Key
- The Run Dialogue Box will appear
- Type “msconfig“
- Press Enter
- The System Configuration window will open
- Select Services tab
- Uncheck all the unnecessary service
- Only check those you need now
- Now click OK
Now your clean boot is done and the unnecessary services are eliminated which will enable you to play Valorant without getting Error VAN 9001.
If the error persists, then proceed to the next solution to solve the VAN 9001
Read More: How to Change the Language in Valorant?
Solution 3: Keep your PC Updated to Fix Valorant Error Code 9001
Outdated drivers in your PC or your current Windows version are not able to support the new connectivity parameter of your internet.
As you update your Windows, all the drivers are updated too and this will fix the Valorant Error Code VAN 9001.
So, here is how you can do update your PC:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates
- If there is any update, it will start updating the PC
- After the updating is done check if the “there was an error connecting to the platform valorant” is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Close Unwanted Programs
If the above solution didn’t work, then closing unwanted programs will help you to eliminate the Valorant Error Code 9001.
If there are too many programs running in the background that is using too much internet and causing “This build of Vanguard requires Version 2.0 and secure boot to be enabled in order to play” Error.
So, let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- And check if the Valorant Error VAN 9001 is solved or not.
If this solution didn’t help you then it’s time to enable the TPM and Secure Boot in your PC to solve Error 9001 Valorant.
Solution 5: Enable TPM & Secure Boot To Fix VAN 9001
Here is how you can enable TPM & Secure Boot on your PC.
Note: This solution is based on DELL BIOS
- Go in BIOS of Your PC by restarting the PC
- When the manufacturer logo comes press “F12 or F10, or F9” different keys will with different brands of PC
- Now BIOS menu will open
- Select the BIOS setup
- Then go in “Security” a further menu will open
- Select “PTT Security” on the right side a window will open
- Check the “PTT On” box
- Click on save and exit
- Now your TPM chip activated
- After that select the Secure Boot option from the left
- Now enable the secure boot and save the settings and exit from BIOS.
Now TPM chip and Secure boot are enabled in your Windows 11 successfully.
Now open the Valorant game and VAN 9001 will be gone.
If the VAN error 9001 persists then we have the last solution for you.
Solution 6: Contact Support
After performing all of the above solutions if the error persists then this is time to contact Valorant support.
Tell the support Valorant error code VAN 9001 is bothering you and you are unable to play Valorant due to this error plus tell them all of the fixes you try in order to solve this error.
The Valorant support team will contact you and addressed your matter in a better manner.
Here is how you can contact Valorant support:
- Open any web browser
- Go to the Valorant support site
- Vallorant support page will open
- Scroll down the page and find “SUBMIT A TICKET” button
- Click on the button “Submit request” new page willl open
- Under “Choose a Request Type” heading select Technical issue option
- Now you head to next page where you have to sign in if you haven’t
- Sumbit request page will open here you have to fill out the whole information they required.
- After filling out all the details above now in the description you have to explain the senario you were facing after that attach the error code screen shot you were facing if you have one otherwise no need to worry about it.
- Now click submit button.
After submitting the ticket, Valorant support will contact you within 7 Working days max. Usually, the response comes up in two to three days. So, now you have to wait until a representative will reach out to you in the email.
Hope the above-mentioned solutions help you to solve the Valorant Error VAN 9001.
If you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section down below
How do I fix Valorant error code 9001?
Here is how you can solve Valorant error code 9001:
1. Restart your device
2. Enable the TPM and Secure Boot
3. Contact support
Do you need TPM 2.0 for Valorant?
Yes, if you are Windows 11 user then definitely the Valorant will require TPM 2.0 to run the game.