PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1?
So you are playing a game or using an application and suddenly it shuts down leading to a message on your PS5 home screen saying:
“Something went wrong with this game or app”
It may be due to an old version of the software or the application so, you don’t need to worry much because we have compiled a list of the best solutions that will help you solve your problem.
What are the Causes of PS5 error code CE-108255-1?
Here are some main causes of PS5 error code CE-108255-1:
- Corrupted Game: Sometimes you are seeing this error due to a certain game like Skyrim so, it’s best to reinstall the game so the corrupted file of the game gets deleted.
- Language pack glitch: Another reason for this error is due to the in-game language pack as many users face it due to this so, try changing the language to American English.
- Hardware Issue: The Skyrim CE-108255-1 could be due to hardware malfunction or related to your SSD so, it’s best to get it fixed from your nearest Sony service center.
Video Guide to Fix PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1
Solution 1: Update Your Game
PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1 might be due to an outdated version of your game. So, you must be sure that you have an updated version of your game due to which this error occurs.
So, all you need to do is check if you have installed an update for it recently.
Also Read: PS5 Not Turning On?
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
Solution 2: Update Your PS5 Firmware to Fix PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1
So, here’s how you can do it:
- Make sure PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System > System Software.
- Then go to System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5.
Solution 3: Delete and Reinstall the Game to Fix Skyrim CE-108255-1
If the above solution didn’t work for you then this will as this is the official solution that Sony recommends to do to solve PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1.
There could be some corrupted game data or files so why not delete and reinstall the whole game.
- On the PS5 home screen select the game or application which you want to delete.
- Press the options button and select Delete from the list.
- Then select OK to confirm.
- Now go to Game Library on the home screen.
- Find the game which you want to reinstall, select it, and choose the Download option.
Solution 4: Rebuild PS5 Database to Fix PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1
This is the best solution that has worked out for many users fixing PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1. This Rebuild Database feature allows you to clean up the data on your PS5 and sort out everything on the hard drive.
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now go down to option number 5 and select “Rebuild Database“
- Wait for the process to complete and your erreur CE-108255-1 problem will be solved
Solution 5: Cleaning The Blu-Ray/DVD Disc
If rebuilding the PS5 database didn’t fix erreur CE-108255-1 then check the game disc.
For this you need to do is:
- Eject the disc manually by pressing the Eject button on your console
- OR you can press the Options button on your DualSenese controller which is on the Home menu which will give you the option to Eject Disc.
- Now check the disc carefully for any scratches or smudges underside.
- Clean the disc using a clean, soft microfiber cloth.
- Insert the Disc back into your console and check if the Skyrim CE-108255-1 is fixed.
Solution 6: Reset PS5 to Fix CE-108255-1
Resetting PS5 will completely wipe off everything from the console whether it’s a game, save data, or any other content.
So its best to backup data first on your cloud storage and here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings, then select Saved Data.
- Now choose the type of data you want to backup and click Next.
- And PS5 backup will begin.
After backing up your data, now you can reset your PS5:
- Go to Settings
- Then go to System
- Select System Software> Reset Options > Reset Your Console > Reset.
- PS5 will restart and you will be directed to the setup process.
I hope these solutions were helpful for you in fixing PS5 error code CE-108255-1.
And still, you got any questions relating to this then do mention them in the comment section.
What PS5 error is CE-108255-1?
PS5 error is CE-108255-1 is when your game crashes suddenly while you are playing and the console closes it forcibly. And this error could be due to corrupted files or outdated software.
Can you reset PS5 without losing?
Yes, you can Reset PS5 without losing data when you restart PS5 in safe mode.
Why does my PS5 say can’t Start the Game or App?
Your PS5 says can’t Start the Game or App as your PS5 has not been shut down properly so, it’s best to restart your console properly.