PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1?
So you are playing a game or using an application and suddenly it shuts down leading to a message on your PS5 home screen saying:
“Something went wrong with this game or app”
It may be due to an old version of the software or the application.
Upon looking for the fixes I came to know that it’s not only me whose facing CE-108255-1 as some users faced this while playing Horizon Forbidden West and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands as per a user on Reddit.
What are the Causes of PS5 error code CE-108255-1?
Here are some main causes of PS5 error code CE-108255-1:
- Corrupted Game: Sometimes you are seeing this error due to a certain game like Skyrim so, it’s best to reinstall the game so the corrupted file of the game gets deleted.
- Language pack glitch: Another reason for this error is due to the in-game language pack as many users face it due to this so, try changing the language to American English.
- Hardware Issue: The NBA 2K22 CE-108255-1 could be due to hardware malfunction or related to your SSD so, it’s best to get it fixed from your nearest Sony service center.
Video Guide to Fix PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1
Solution 1: Update Your Game PS5 (Mannually)
PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1 might be due to an outdated version of your NBA 2K22 or any other game. So, you must be sure that you have an updated version of your game due to which this error occurs.
So, all you need to do is check if you have installed an update for it recently.
- Open the PS5
- Go select the game
- Press the options button the small menu will open
- Select the “Check For Updates“
- The game will start installing the update and the patch will also be installed with this upgrade.
If you want the game to update automatically on PS5 then follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Update the Game on PS5 (Automatically)
Enabling the games to update automatically is really helpful for gamers. When there is a new update of any game the PS5 will not notify you.
You have to check the update by following the above steps solution.
Automatically updating will make your console up-to-date and help gamers to solve any issue or get any new edition as soon as possible.
Follow the step down below to Update the Game on PS5 (Automatically):
- Go to the PS5 Homepage
- Go to the gear icon located on the top right corner of the Home page.
- The setting will open
- Select System
- The system setting window will open now select the Power Saving option
- From the right side select “Feature Available in Rest Mode“
- Three more options will appear Select “Stay Connected to the Internet“
- Make sure the toggle of this option is Turned ON
- Now exit from here and go back to the main setting menu
- Scroll down and select “Save Data And Game/App Settings“
- From the left menu select “Automatic Update“
- Now on the right side “Auto-Download” & “Auto-Install in Rest Mode” will be available
- Make sure both option toggles are ON
- The automatic update is now on successfully
When the updates are done the PS5 will go to sleep
Video Guide: How To Update Games on PS5
After updating the game if you still get NBA 2k22 CE-108255-1 then Disable HDCP on the Console.
Also Read: PS5 Not Turning On?
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
Solution 3: Disable HDCP on PS5
HDCP refers to High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. It is a form of digital copy protection to prevent the copying of digital audio and video content across devices.
Usually, this HDCP feature doesn’t cause any harm to games but sometimes it does lead to PlayStation error
To disable the HDCP feature on your PS5 console follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System
- In the left pane, select HDMI > toggle off Enable HDCP.
After disabling HDCP. check if you get to fix ce-108255-1 Apex
and if not then continue to the next solution
Also Read: PS5 Won’t Update Games?
Solution 4: Download Language Pack
Sometimes the language pack can lead to error so you can try changing the language to English US to solve the problem
Just follow the steps below:
- On your PS5 home screen and select Options on your game.
- Then go to Manage Game Content
- Scroll down and Download and install the Language Data.
- Make sure your PS5 System language corresponds to the specific Language Data you just downloaded. For example, if you download English US, set the system language to English US as well.
Don’t try to adapt the PS5 system language to your game’s language settings
Also Read: Stray Crashing On PS5/PS4?
Solution 5: Update Your PS5 Firmware to Fix PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1
So, here’s how you can do it:
- Make sure the PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System > System Software.
- Then go to System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5.
Solution 6: Delete and Reinstall the Game
If the above solution didn’t work for you then this will as this is the official solution that Sony recommends to do to solve PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1.
There could be some corrupted game data or files so why not delete and reinstall the whole game.
To reinstall any game on PS5 follow the steps below:
- Select the gear icon on the top right of your home screen.
- Select Storage.
- Then select Console storage and go to Games and Apps.
- Now you will see a list of installed games and applications where you will select the game.
- Press the Delete button in the bottom-right and confirm
- After that, you can reinstall the game by disc or online.
Also Read: PS5 Screen Flickering
Solution 7: Rebuild PS5 Database
This is the best solution that has worked out for many users fixing PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1. This Rebuild Database feature allows you to clean up the data on your PS5 and sort out everything on the hard drive.
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now go down to option number 5 and select “Rebuild Database“
- Wait for the process to complete and your error ce-108255-1 will be solved
Solution 8: Cleaning The Blu-Ray/DVD Disc
If rebuilding the PS5 database didn’t fix erreur CE-108255-1 then check the game disc.
For this you need to do is:
- Eject the disc manually by pressing the Eject button on your console
- OR you can press the Options button on your DualSenese controller which is on the Home menu which will give you the option to Eject Disc.
- Now check the disc carefully for any scratches or smudges underside.
- Clean the disc using a clean, soft microfiber cloth.
- Insert the Disc back into your console
Solution 9: Reset PS5 to Fix CE-108255-1
Resetting PS5 will completely wipe off everything from the console whether it’s a game, save data, or any other content.
So its best to backup data first on yourcloud storage and here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings, then select Saved Data.
- Now choose the type of data you want to backup and click Next.
- And PS5 backup will begin.
After backing up your data, now you can reset your PS5:
- Go to Settings
- Then go to System
- Select System Software> Reset Options > Reset Your Console > Reset.
- PS5 will restart and you will be directed to the setup process.
Solution 10: Contact PS5 Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website. Or you can go to your nearest Sony Service Centre and they will give solve your error ce-108255-1 PS5
Solution 11: No PS5 Support Available?
It is a bet to get a device where there is no support available, and PS5 is one of those devices that is not supported in a large number of countries.
To check if you live in a supported region, then check out this link.
Living in a supported region will help you get over the PS5 error code ce-108255-1 pretty quickly, but unsupported regions have limited options.
- One way you can get around this is by sending your PS5 to a friend/relative living in a supported region. If they are visiting you, this will save you extra cost, and then you can file for the refund process.
- Additionally, you can check out technicians, or Sony Experts in your area and ask them to fix it.
- Lastly, look out for services in your country that do make your PS5 refunds possible as there are always some services when official support is not available.
Let us know which one worked for you in fixing the PS5 error code ce-108255-1 for you in the comments section below!
And still, if you got any questions relating to this then do mention them in the comment section.
What PS5 error is CE-108255-1?
PS5 error is CE-108255-1 is when your game crashes suddenly while you are playing and the console closes it forcibly. And this error could be due to corrupted files or outdated software.
Can you reset PS5 without losing?
Yes, you can Reset PS5 without losing data when you restart PS5 in safe mode.
Why does my PS5 say can’t Start the Game or App?
Your PS5 says can’t Start the Game or App as your PS5 has not been shut down properly so, it’s best to restart your console properly.