I was playing Spiderman Miles Morales on my PS5 and my screen started flickering, this happened to me like 10 to 20 times
So, upon looking I found out it’s not only me who having the same issue as many users reported about the PS5 flickering black screen on Reddit too
You don’t need to worry because this is not a major issue as its due to the 4K video transfer rate
So here are some solutions ready for you to fix PS5 Screen Flickering.
Why is my PlayStation5 screen flickering? PS5 home screen Glitch?
Your PlayStation5 screen is flickering due to 3 reasons:
- Worn out HDMI cables.
- 4K video transfer rate.
- TV firmware not updated.
- Sometimes outdated PS5 software
- Random glitch
Why is my PS5 Flashing White?
Your PS5 is flashing white because your console is frozen and needs to be power cycled immediately.
Why is my PS5 Flashing Red Light?
You can fix your PS5 flickering screen by adjusting the 4K video transfer rate in the steps below:
- Go to PS5 Settings
- Select Screen and Video
- On the left tab select Video Output and on the right select 4K Video Transfer Rate
And the rest you can see in Solution 4.
Why does my HDMI keeps flickering on PS5?
Your HDMI keeps flickering on PS5 due to the following reasons:
- It could be a faulty cable or connector.
- It may be not a standard 2.0 HDMI cable.
- The HDMI port specifications of your TV and PS5 do not match
Replace Your Cable: Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable Certified (w/ Hologram Sticker)
PlayStation 5 Black Screen Flicker [SOLVED VIDEO]
Solution 1: Check Your HDMI Cables and HDMI Ports
PS5 HDMI Flickering?
Make sure you use 2.0 HDMI cables or sometimes labeled as High Speed.
Let’s do it:
- Unplug your HDMI cables from the back of your both TV and PS5.
- If you are thinking to buy a new one then, first try switching the ends of HDMI cables.
- And plug in the HDMI cable of your PS5 into your TV and vice versa.
And if this didn’t work then unplug the power cable of your TV from the switch for 1 minute and then plug it back in.
Solution 2: Update Your TV Firmware to Fix PS5 Samsung Tv flickering
Updating your TV software can help you fix PS5 Screen Flickering as sometimes the TV’s manufacturer makes changes to their firmware as soon as some new gaming device launches such as PS5.
So, all you need to fix PS5 flickering Samsung tv is:
- Visit the website of your TV manufacturer as it depends on the TV model you have.
- Update the Firmware of your TV by clicking on the following link:
- Or you can visit their nearest franchise
- The website/franchise will let you know how to update your TV firmware.
Also Read: How To Fix the Blinking Blue Light on PS5
Now moving on to disable HDR to fix the PS5 static screen.
Solution 3: Disable HDR to Fix PS5 HDR Flickering
If the above solution didn’t fix your PS5 Screen Flickering then this solution will surely fix your problem.
You just need to:
- Go to PS5 settings
- Then go to Screen and Video
- Select Video Output and Disable HDR.
And if you are still facing a PS5 screen glitch, then continue to the next solution.
Also Read: PS5 Error CE-10005-6
Solution 4: Adjust the 4K Video Transfer Rate to Fix PS5 black screen flash
Your 4K Video transfer rate to HDM is another reason for PS5 black screen flash.
Try to adjust the 4K video transfer rate to fix the PS5 Screen Flickering. All you need to do
Just follow the steps:
- Go to PS5 Settings
- Select Screen and Video
- On the left tab select Video Output and on the right select 4K Video Transfer Rate.
- The 4K Video Transfer Rate default setting will be Automatic but you need to change it to -1 or -2 to fix PS5 Screen Flickering.
And if you are still facing the PS5 fuzzy screen, then continue to the next solution.
Solution 5: Update Your PS5 Firmware
So, far Sony has given this solution to fix the PS5 black screen flash.
All you can do is update your PS5 system software to the latest version.
Although it updates automatically it’s good to check for updates yourself.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Make sure the PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System > System Software.
- Then go to System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5.
Solution 6: Contact PS5 Support
If the above solutions didn’t work for you then you should visit the PlayStation Official website and contact for Help and Support. I hope you will get your PS5 flickering screen solved there.
I hope you found these solutions helpful and if you got any questions do let us know in the comment section.
Why is my PS5 screen flickering?
Your PS5 Screen is flickering due to a worn-out HDMI cable and a 4K video transfer rate.
Why does my HDMI cable keeps flickering on PS5?
Your HDMI cables keep flickering on PS5 due to a faulty cable connector or you are not using a standard 2.0 HDMI cable.