PS5 Black Screen up coming again and again? PS5 black screen after logo? PS5 white light black screen?
You just would have bought your brand new PS5 and while connecting it to your TV, You see PS5 not showing up on tv with No Signal Detected.
There are a couple of fixes that have worked in fixing PS5 not showing on tv!
Let’s try them to see which one works for you. Before we jump to solutions,
You might be wondering Why is my PS5 only showing a black screen?
The upcoming solutions will show you How to fix my PS5 no signal?
Or How to fix the PS5 black screen on boot?
Before we dive into resolving PS5 not Showing/Displaying on TV problem, Let’s answer some of your questions on why PS5 screen goes black?
What does it mean when your PS5 screen is black?
The PS5 stuck on black screen issue usually means that either:
- There’s an issue with your HDMI cables or HDMI ports not working.
- Or, the TV doesn’t support
which leads to PS5 not showing on TV.
Can you hear PS5 without picture? PS5 gives sound but no display?
PS5 Black Screen With Sound and No Video Output/Display?
You can solve PS5 black screen with sound by checking the following things:
- Make sure that the TV is on the correct input and HDMI port.
- Try using a different HDMI cable.
What do you do if your PS5 won’t turn on?
PS5 Not Turning On and black screen are 2 different issues, and shouldn’t be confused.
How to Adjust the Display area on PS5?
You might be getting a cutout screen, probably from the edges on your display. Some users also get a black border around the mainframe. So, to adjust the display area on PS5, you need to:
- Go to Settings
- Screen and Video
- Adjust Display Area.
- Follow the given on-screen instructions.
Why is my PS5 showing a black screen?
PS5 black Screen can be encountered due to many reasons.
I will be listing down here all the reasons why the PS5 screen goes black and then comes a fix to each solution as well later in this detailed PS5 Black Screen Guide.
- No Power / Faulty Power Cable
- Faulty HDMI Cable
- Dusty/Damaged HDMI Ports
- Faulty Disc
- Software Glitch
- Hardware Issue
These issues usually lead to PS5 Not Connecting to the TV.
Video Guide on How to fix PS5 Stuck on Black Screen?
Now, let’s try fixing your PS5 stuck on a black screen with the most probable solutions.
How do I fix the black screen of death on PlayStation?
Upcoming are 7 Different ways you can fix your PS5 Black Screen Error.
The upcoming solutions are tried and tested by many users and work!
If one doesn’t work for you, try the next one.
Solution 1: A Very Noob Thing to Fix PS5 Black Screen
Many gamers, including myself, sometimes overlook the most basic things.
You need to check all the power cables to your PS5 before trying anything else.
Ensure that the socket has current in it, and the cable is fine too.
If this is not the case, let’s hop to what is mostly the issue many users face for PS5 Black Screen.
Solution 2: PS5 HDMI Cable Not Working? Check Your PS5 HDMI Cables
PS5 HDMI cable not working? PS5 No signal HDMI?
Make sure you use 2.1 HDMI cables or sometimes labeled as High Speed if your experience PS5 HDMI Not Working.
Let’s check if your PS5 cables are faulty and if they are the cause of the black screen error:
- Unplug your HDMI cables from the back of your both TV and PS5.
- If you are thinking to buy a new one then, first try switching the ends of HDMI cables.
- Plugin the HDMI cable of your PS5 into your TV and vice versa.
And if this didn’t work then unplug the power cable of your TV from the switch for 1 minute and then plug it back in.
Additionally, to fix PS5 HDMI Not Working, you can try out is:
- Take a laptop or any device that has an HDMI port
- Connect it with your TV or any Display
- Check if the cable responds now.
Trying Playing PS5 on your TV?
If you are still stuck thinking: Why does my TV say no signal when I turn my PS5 on?
Then, it could be your faulty HDMI ports
the next solution might help you!
Still, PS5 HDMI Not Working? There can be ps5 no signal HDMI issues with your ports if your cables are fine.
Solution 3: PS5 HDMI Not Working? Check Your HDMI Ports
If you find your HDMI cable fine after following the 2 methods given before, you need to make sure if your ports are fine. Before that ensure that there is no faulty HDMI port.
What are the Causes of PS5 HDMI Port Issues?
HDMI ports can cause issues due to multiple reasons.
I’ll list a few reasons for PS5 HDMI Not Working here for you:
- Dirt and dust can accumulate in the ports that can interrupt transmission.
- Wrong position of HDMI cable: Bent cables can damage ports too.
- Faulty Cable can damage the ports too, so only authentic cables should be used if your original PS5 cable gets worn out.
- The port can get damaged if you inserted the cable forcefully. We need to be careful here!
- The worse situation that I hope no one goes through is when the HDMI chip on the PS5 motherboard becomes faulty.
How to Fix an HDMI Port on a PS5?
Firstly, you need to Identify by using a flashlight for any damage to the ports.
If you spot dust in the HDMI port, clean it yourself, either by blowing in the port.
Or you can use earbuds to clean the dust as well.
Additionally, upon inspection if you see any broken port or if the port is not fixed, then you need to get it fixed by a technician.
Is HDMI 2.1 supported on PS5 consoles?
Yes, the PS5 console does support the HDMI 2.1 specification.
Additionally, PS5 supports 4K 120Hz video output too. Although very few PS5 games are compatible with these settings, in the future we can expect more supported games that utilize this amazing feature.
To feel the action happening at 4k with 120 FPS, then you need to get a 4K TV too that supports 120Hz.
Video Guide to Fix PS5 HDMI Not Working
Note: Do not attempt this repair to fix PS5 HDMI Not Working if you do not have the skill or equipment to do so.
Solution 4: Own a PS5 Disc Version? We have a Potential Solution!
Sometimes discs cause errors,
and we keep on wondering what can go wrong.
So, all you need is to take care of these 3 things:
- There is no disc in your PS5:
Take it out and boot
- Vice Versa:
If there’s no disc, try putting in the disc and boot.
- Disc Quality:
Make sure there are no scratches on the disc.
If you don’t own a disc version of your PS5, changing video output can fix the PS5 Black Screen Error.
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
Solution 5: Try Disabling HDR, Deep Color Temp & HDCP
These settings may interfere with the screen you are having or the connecting cables may not be supporting these new features. So, try disabling these setting one by one on your PS5 and check if it works.
If nothing works, you can try to disable 4K HDR too.
What’s HDR on PS5? Does PS5 support HDR?
HDR (High Dynamic Range) delivers higher contrasts that uplift the whole experience and make it feel more immersed. HDR can deliver large color and brightness ranges than the more common SDR (Standard Dynamic Range).
Though all PS5™ consoles have HDR capabilities, the availability of image quality depends on your home entertainment set-up.
What is 4K on PS5? Does PS5 Support 4K?
4K is 4 times the pixels of the regular 1080p or more commonly known as FHD.
4K has more than 8 Million pixels while 1080p is at 2 Million pixels. 4K came for the first time on PS4 Pro but with limited games availability.
Though all PS5™ consoles have 4K capabilities, the availability of image quality depends on your home entertainment set-up.
How to Enable/Disable HDR on PS5?
To Enable or Disable HDR on PS5, you need to:
- Go to Settings
- Screen and Video
- Video Output
How to Adjust PS5 HDR settings?
To adjust PS5 HDR settings on PS5, you need to:
- Go to Settings
- Screen and Video
- Video Output
- Adjust HDR
If this didn’t help in fixing the black screen error on PS5, then you might need to adjust more video settings to fix No Video Signal from PS5.
Solution 6: Change Video Output to Fix PS5 Black Screen
If the above solution didn’t work for you then all you need to fix is the PS5 Black Screen after PS logo to follow the upcoming steps to change your Video Output and fix PS5 Black Screen:
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing the power button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now connect the PS5 DualSense controller to the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Select Change Video Output > Change Resolution.
- Then select OK and your PS5 will restart and then select the video output resolution.
- And if PS5 no signal to tv then select option 2 which is Change HDCP Mode > HDCP 1.4 Only.
Following are Some of the PS5 Menu Settings and what they mean:
- Video Output
View your current video settings for your PS5.
Sets the desired screen resolution.
- 4K Video Transfer Rate
Adjust the transfer rate for a 4K resolution video.
With PS5 flickering on your screen, you can try selecting -1 or -2 to limit transfer speed, and possibly improve picture quality as well.
Turn HDR (high dynamic range) on or off.
- Adjust HDR
Enables fine brightness adjustments and optimized HDR rendering.
- Deep Color Output
Enables smooth image rendering.
- RGB Range
Change this only when you use an HDMI device that does not send RGB range information correctly.
Also Read: Unable to Update Your PS5? Check our Guide to Update PS5
Solution 7: Hard Reset Your PS5 to Fix PS5 Black Screen On Startup
This solution has worked for many users in fixing the PS5 Black Screen.
Just follow the steps:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now Press and hold the power button several times until there’s no remaining power which will clean all the cache and drain the PS5 from any current.
- Plugin the power brick back and wait for some seconds.
- Turn your PS5 ON again to check if the PS5 Black Screen is fixed.
Also Read: Unable to play your Favorite Game? Check this Guide to Fix PS5 Not Accepting Disc
Solution 8: Contact PS5 Support to Fix PS5 Black Screen No Video Signal on TV
If non of the above solution didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website. Or you can go to your nearest Sony Service Centre and they will give solve your PS5 won’t show on tv.
These are the 7 solutions that can work out for you.
Let us know which one worked for you in fixing the PS5 Black Screen for you!
If you want any further assistance,
drop a comment and I will be more than happy to assist you if your PS5 is Not Connecting to TV and PS5 shows Black Screen.
Solution 9: No PS5 Support Available?
It is a bet to get a device where there is no support available, and PS5 is one of those devices that is not supported in a large number of countries.
To check if you live in a supported region, then check out this link.
Living in a supported region will help you get over the PS5 Black Screen Error pretty quickly, but unsupported regions have limited options.
- One way you can get around is by sending your PS5 to a friend/relative living in a supported region. If they are visiting you, this will save you extra cost, and then you can file for the refund process.
- Additionally, you can check out technicians, or Sony Experts in your area and ask them to fix it.
- Lastly, look out for services in your country that do make your PS5 refunds possible as there are always some services when official supportis not available.
PS5 Black Screen FAQs
What happened black PS5?
Black PS5 was never official from Sony itself. Instead, a company named SUP3R5 went on sale with black PS5s on January 8.
They did receive enormous orders but they were all canceled due to the threats they received.
Is Sony releasing a black PS5?
What is Blue Light of Death PS5?
References to helpful discussions
- Reddit discussion about PS5 Black Screen
- Playstation’s Support Article about HDMI issues
- Video Guide to Fix PS5 Black Screen
You can check out the discussion on Reddit and also discuss your issues in the comments below.
Let me know how did you encounter a PS5 black screen on your console and what did you do to fix them.