Facing PS5 Black Screen Issue? PS5 black screen after logo? PS5 white light black screen?
You just would have bought your brand new PS5 and while connecting it to your TV, You see PS5 not showing up on tv with No Signal Detected.
There are a couple of fixes that have worked in many cases, Let’s try them to see which one works for you. Before we jump to solutions,
You might be wondering Why is my PS5 only showing a black screen?
The upcoming solutions will show you How do I fix my PS5 no signal?
Or How to fix the PS5 black screen on boot?
What does it mean when your PS5 screen is black?
The PS5 stuck on black screen issue usually means that either:
- There’s an issue with your HDMI cables or HDMI ports not working.
- Or, the TV doesn’t support
Can you hear PS5 without picture? PS5 gives sound but no display?
- Make sure that the TV is on the correct input and HDMI port.
- Try using a different HDMI cable.
What do you do if your PS5 won’t turn on?
PS5 Not Turning On and black screen are 2 different issues, and shouldn’t be confused.
If your PS5 won’t turn on there are different solutions to fix that and we have a detailed guide to fix PS5 Not Turning On Error
Why is my PS5 showing a black screen?
A black Screen can be encountered due to many reasons. I will be listing down here all the reasons and then comes a fix to each solution as well later in this detailed PS5 Black Screen Guide.
- No Power / Faulty Power Cable
- Faulty HDMI Cable
- Dusty/Damaged HDMI Ports
- Faulty Disc
- Software Glitch
- Hardware Issue
Video Guide on How do I fix my PS5 black screen?
Now, let’s try fixing your PS5 stuck on black screen with the most probable solutions.
How do I fix the black screen of death on PlayStation?
Upcoming are 7 Different ways you can fix your PS5 Black Screen Error.
The upcoming solutions are tried and tested by many users and definitely work!
If one doesn’t work for you, try the next one.
Solution 1: A Very Noob Thing
Many gamers, including myself, sometimes overlook the most basic things.
You need to check all the power cables to your PS5 before trying anything else.
Ensure that the socket has current in it, and the cable is fine too.
If this is not the case, let’s hop to what really is mostly the issue many users face.
Solution 2: Check Your PS5 HDMI Cables
PS5 HDMI cable not working? PS5 No HDMI signal?
Make sure you use 2.1 HDMI cables or sometimes labeled as High Speed.
Let’s check if your PS5 cables are faulty and if they are really the cause of the black screen error:
- Unplug your HDMI cables from the back of your both TV and PS5.
- If you are thinking to buy a new one then, first try switching the ends of HDMI cables.
- Plugin the HDMI cable of your PS5 into your TV and vice versa.
And if this didn’t work then unplug the power cable of your TV from the switch for 1 minute and then plug it back in.
Additionally, what you can try out is:
- Take a laptop or any device that has an HDMI port
- Connect it with your TV or any Display
- Check if the cable responds now.
Trying Playing PS5 on your TV?
If you are still stuck thinking: Why does my TV say no signal when I turn my PS5 on?
Then, it could be your faulty HDMI ports
the next solution might help you!
Solution 3: Check Your HDMI Ports to Fix PS5 Black Screen after Logo
If you find your HDMI cable fine after following the 2 methods given before, you need to make sure if your ports are fine. Before that ensure that there is no faulty HDMI port.
What are the Causes of PS5 HDMI Port Issues?
HDMI ports can cause issues due to multiple reasons.
I’ll list a few here for you:
- Dirt and dust can accumulate in the ports that can interrupt transmission.
- Wrong position of HDMI cable: Bent cables can damage ports too.
- Faulty Cable can damage the ports too, so only authentic cables should be used if your original PS5 cable gets worn out.
- The port can get damaged if you inserted the cable forcefully. We need to be really careful here!
- The worse situation that I really hope no one goes through is when the HDMI chip on the PS5 motherboard becomes faulty.
How to Fix an HDMI Port on a PS5?
Firstly, you need to Identify by using a flashlight for any damage to the ports.
If you spot dust in the HDMI port, clean it yourself, either by blowing in the port.
Or you can use earbuds to clean the dust as well.
Additionally, upon inspection if you see any broken port or if the port is not fixed, then you need to get it fixed by a technician.
Video Guide Fix an HDMI Port?
Note: Do not attempt this repair if you do not have the skill or equipment to do so.
Solution 4: Own a PS5 Disc Version? We have a Potential Solution!
Sometimes discs cause errors,
and we keep on wondering what can possibly go wrong.
So all you need is to take care of these 3 things:
- There is no disc in your PS5:
Take it out and boot
- Vice Versa:
If there’s no disc, try putting in the disc and boot.
- Disc Quality:
Make sure there are no scratches on the disc.
Solution 5: Change Video Output to Fix PS5 Black Screen
If the above solution didn’t work for you then all you need to fix is the PS5 Black Screen after PS logo
Just follow the steps to change your Video Output:
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing the power button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now connect the PS5 DualSense controller to the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Select Change Video Output > Change Resolution.
- Then select OK and your PS5 will restart and then select the video output resolution.
- And if PS5 no signal to tv then select option 2 which is Change HDCP Mode > HDCP 1.4 Only.
Solution 6: Hard Reset Your PS5 to Fix PS5 Black Screen On Startup
This solution has worked for many users in fixing the PS5 Black Screen.
Just follow the steps:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now Press and hold the power button several times until there’s no remaining power which will clean all the cache and drain the PS5 from any current.
- Plugin the power brick back and wait for some seconds.
- Turn your PS5 ON again to check if the PS5 Black Screen is fixed.
Solution 7: Contact PS5 Support to Fix PS5 Black Screen No Signal on TV
If non of the above solution didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website. Or you can go to your nearest Sony Service Centre and they will give solve your PS5 won’t show on tv.
These are the 7 solutions that can possibly work out for you.
Let us know which one worked for you in fixing PS5 Black Screen for you!
If you want any further assistance,
drop a comment and I will be more than happy to assisst you.
What happened black PS5?
Black PS5 was never official from Sony itself. Instead, a company named SUP3R5 went on sale with black PS5s on January 8.
They did receive enormous orders but they were all canceled due to the threats they received.
Is Sony releasing a black PS5?
Black PS5 was never official from Sony itself. There is news PS5 will get a redesign in 2022 and we can possibly get a black PS5 from Sony.
What is Blue Light of Death PS5?
Basically, there is no such thing as Blue Light of death, but blinking blue light does indicate an issue. Check out our guide on fixing Blinking Blue Light.