PS4 Controller Orange Light?
PS4 Controller FLASHING yellow/orange light?
You may be shocked that your new PS4 Dual Shock controller doesn’t connect to your PS4 and starts showing the PS4 controller white/yellow or orange light.
But you don’t need to worry because we have listed a couple of useful solutions and before moving on we have some questions regarding PS4 orange light.
What does orange light on the PS4 controller Mean?
The orange light on the PS4 Dual Shock controller means that the controller is in rest mode or it won’t connect to your console.
What does yellow light on the PS4 controller Mean?
The yellow light on the PS4 controller means that it just started to charge and the controller is charging in rest mode.
What are the causes of PS4 Controller Orange Light?
Some of the main causes for PS4 Controller Orange Light are listed below:
- Your PS4 controller might be connected to other devices.
- The USB cable might be damaged that is connected between the PS4 and the controller.
- The controller batteries might be damaged.
- The USB ports might also be dusty.
Different Scenario in Which PS4 Controller will show Orange Light
So here are some different areas with solutions in which you will see PS4 controller Orange light.
- PS4 Controller Orange Light While Charging: Your charging cable might be broken from somewhere so, make sure you check it or else replace it with a new one.
- PS4 Controller Orange Ligh and Not Charging: The controller batteries might not be in good condition or the USB ports might be dusty so, try cleaning the ports.
- PS4 Controller Flashing orange light PC: You need to restart your PC and unplug the USB cable from both ends and then plug it back in.
SOLVED: PS4 Error CE-34878-0
Video Guide: PS4 Controller Orange/Yellow Light
Solution 1: Reset Your PS4 Controller
PS4 Controller Orange Light and PS4 controller flashing yellow light is caused mostly due to malfunctioning of the controller itself.
PS4 safe mode loop can be fixed through this method as well.
And resetting has been helpful to many users in fixing the PS4 Controller Orange Light.
So let’s configure your controller:
- Make sure you have disconnected the controller from the console or any charging port.
- Now you will see a small hole under the L2 button at the back of your controller which will be your reset button.
- Put a needle or toothpick into the reset hole.
- Press the button and hold on to it for a few seconds and release.
- Your controller would restart and check if the PS4 controller blinking orange light is solved.
Also Read: PS4 Error CE-30005-8
Solution 2: Using a Micro USB Cable to Fix PS4 Controller Orange Light
This technique will completely shut down your PS4 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up and Fix the PS4 controller orange light.
So here’s how to fix the PS4 orange light flashing:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now Press and hold the power button several times until there’s no remaining power which will clean all the cache and drain the PS4 from any current.
- Now wait for 4 to 5 minutes and plugin everything back and connect your controller with a micro USB cable.
- Now check if your PS4 controller blinking orange light is solved or not.
You can also use your Andriod phone cable if the above didn’t work in fixing PS4 Controller Orange Light
Also Read: PS4 Error CE-36329-3
Solution 3: Re-sync Controller at Startup to Fix PS4 Controller Flashing Orange
If the above solution didn’t work for you then try re-syncing at the start to overcome PS4 Controller Orange light and PS4 yellow light.
Just follow the steps:
- Shut down your PS4.
- Connect your controller to the console with a USB cable.
- Press and hold the PS button which will lead to re-syncing the controller at startup.
- Optionally, try using the SHARE button simultaneously.
- And PS4 controller blinking orange will be fixed.
If re-syncing the controller can’t fix your PS4 controller orange then continue to the next solution.
Solution 4: Replace Your PS4 Controller Batteries
Sometimes the damaged batteries can also lead to PS4 controller orange light.
Batteries have a specific life that decreases depending on how much you use your controller.
So, your controller batteries might have worn out due to excessive use.
And all you need to do is replace them with a new one, which you can do by watching a video tutorial.
If the PS4 controller blinking orange and PS4 white light is still coming
This is the best solution that has worked out for many users.
Before making sure if your PS4 controller flashing orange is linked with some corrupted files then you will lose your personal data so, kindly backup all your personal data in a USB drive.
So let’s fix the white PS4 controller:
- Connect DUALSHOCK 4(DS4) to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now go down to option number 5 and select “Rebuild Database“.
- Wait for the process to complete and your PS4 orange light problem will be solved.
Solution 6: Initialize in Safe Mode to Fix PS4 Controller Orange Light
By initializing your console all the system settings will be restored to default or you can say factory reset and this is the least you can go to solve your problem
Make sure the external USB drive should be large enough to store your PS4 data and should be formatted to FAT
The following steps will guide you to backup your PS4 first and then initialize it in safe mode.
- Connect your USB drive to your PS4
- Go to PS4 Settings and select System
- Select Back Up and Restore > Back Up PS4
- Now select the data you want to backup and select Next
- Assign a name to your backup and choose Back Up
- Press the X button on your controller and your data will start backing up
- Unplug your USB drive from the console after your data is fully backed up
- Now go back to PS4 settings and scroll down to choose Initialization
- Select Initialize PS4 > Full initialization
- Then follow on-screen instructions to complete the process
- Remember DO NOT turn your PS4 OFF during initialization as this will bring some irrecoverable damages to your PS4
Most users suggest using Safe Mode while initialization which is more effecting
And here’s how you can enable it to fix PS4 blinking orange light.
- Turn off your PS4 by pressing the power button on the front panel
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode
- Select Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) option
Solution 7: Contact PS4 Support
If you still can’t sort out the PS4 controller blinking orange then it might be some internal hardware issue so, it’s best you take your controller to the nearest Sony service center.
Or what you can do to fix the PS4 controller flashing orange light is to Contact PS4 Support.
The issue can be specific to your console and PS4 Support can possibly fix this.
I hope you tried all the solutions above and they helped you get to fix the PS4 controller orange light.
And if you don’t want to see PS4 controller Orange light in the future then you need to make sure that:
- The USB cable is plugged in tightly and there are no loose ends.
- Clean your ports regularly and check the USB cable too.
- You should handle your PS4 controller firmly so it doesn’t fall from heights.
What Colour Should A PS4 Controller Be When Charging?
The color of the PS4 controller while charging should be between amber and white. The light bar turns off when the controller is charged fully.
How long does it take to charge a PS4 controller from dead?
It takes almost 2 hours to charge a PS4 controller from dead.
What Do The Colors Mean On A PS4 controller?
The Colors on a PS4 controller mean:
1. Player 1 – Blue
2. Player 2- Red
3. Player 3 – Green
4. Player 4 – Pink
Can I charge PS4 controller with Samsung charger?
Yes, you can charge your PS4 controller with a Samsung charger if it is a fast and reliable one.