Sea of Thieves Cross Platform? Is it Available?
You must be wondering How to enable Sea of Thieves Crossplay?
Sea of Thieves has been the best-selling game of Microsoft since its release. And the reason behind this is that Sea of Thieves is full of adventures, loot, battles, buried treasure, and much more.
Since it was released only for Xbox but many users wanted to play the PC version and for that, they were eagerly waiting for the Cross Platform update.
As cross-platform allows players on different consoles, or even with different gaming PCs, to play together in the same game.
So, below in the article, we have all the information you need about the Sea of Thieves Cross Platform.
Video Guide: Is Sea of Thieves Cross-Platform? Xbox Series X/PC/Xbox One
Can you play Sea of Thieves on Xbox with PC players?
Yes, if your friend is playing Sea of Thieves on PC with cross platform enabled then you can join him in the lobby if you are the Xbox player.
Is Sea of Thieves on PS4/PS5?
We are really sorry but the sad thing is that Sea of Thieves isn’t available on PS4/PS5 as it was originally released for Xbox versions.
Is Sea of Thieves Cross Platform?
Yes, Sea of Thieves supports Cross Platform between Windows 11, 10, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Steam version of PC.
The game is designed in such a way so that every player can have an equal opportunity to play.
Some of the benefits of Sea of Thieves Cross Platform are:
- You will get a variety of players to play with.
- Those who are new to Xbox and Sea of Thieves can find family members or friends who can help them through the basics.
- Your game crew can become more diverse and stronger.
- And if you have an Xbox game member pass but you are staying a night at your friends who just have a PC, you will be able to play Sea of Thieves through cross-platform as your console account links to your game pass account.
Most users mix Sea of Thieves Cross Platform with the Xbox’s Play Anywhere feature meaning that Xbox allows buying a game with all the versions and cross-save available in it.
For example, if you buy a game for Windows 11 or 10 version then you will get a free version of the Xbox and can play on both of them.
Also, Crossplay is not a part of the Microsoft program due to which you need to have an Xbox Live account to play.
Now moving on to enable Sea of Thieves Cross Platform.
How to Enable Sea of Thieves Cross Platform?
Although the Sea of Thieves Crossplay is enabled by default and to check that you just need to invite your friends and start the game.
If you are unaware of how to invite your friends then you don’t need to worry and just follow the steps below:
- Select Adventure from the main menu.
- Choose the ship of your own choice.
- And select if you want an open or closed crew so you can invite your friends.
- On Xbox, you can press the X button on the controller to bring up the friend list and for PC you can press 1.
How to Disable Sea of Thieves Crossplay/Cross Platform?
Remember that Disabling crossplay in the Sea of Thieves option is only available on the Xbox platform.
And according to some users when you disable crossplay the Sea of Thieves will place you in a lobby where you will be able to play the game with people of the same platform as you.
However, if there aren’t enough players to fill the lobby then you might get a chance to play with other platform players.
So here’s how to disable Sea of Thieves cross platform:
- Go to Xbox settings and then to Accounts.
- Now select Privacy and Online Safety
- Then choose the Xbox Live Privacy option > View Details & Customize
- And in the Communications and Multiplayer option, you will be able to turn off cross-play for Sea of Thieves.
In the end, I hope you get to know about the Sea of Thieves Cross Platform and how to enable/disable it.
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.
Is Sea of Thieves cross-platform between Xbox and PS4?
As Sea of Thieves is not available on PS4 so there’s no cross-platform between Xbox and PS4.
Can you Turn Off Crossplay on Sea of Thieves?
Yes, you can turn off crossplay on Sea of Thieves but on Xbox only.
Can’t connect to Sea of Thieves?
To connect with Sea of Thieves make sure there is no connection error on your side sometimes the internet speed is slow which causes that you cant connect with Sea of Thieves.