If you’re an Xbox Series X owner, there’s nothing more frustrating than not being able to connect to Wi-Fi. Whether you’re trying to play online games or download updates, a reliable Wi-Fi connection is essential.
Unfortunately, there are also other users that are facing this and reported on Reddit too
In this article, we will explore the most common reasons why your Xbox Series X won’t connect to Wi-Fi and provide you with 9 helpful solutions.
Why won t my Xbox Series X connect to Wi-Fi with Correct Password?
There are several reasons why your Xbox Series X may not be connecting to Wi-Fi. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Incorrect network settings: If the Wi-Fi network settings on your Xbox Series X are incorrect, you may not be able to connect to the network
- Interference from other devices: Other devices that use the same frequency as your Wi-Fi network, such as microwave ovens or cordless phones, can interfere with the signal and prevent your Xbox Series X from connecting.
- Distance from the router: If your Xbox Series X is too far away from the router, the signal may not be strong enough for it to connect to the network
- Hardware issues: If there is a problem with the Wi-Fi hardware on your Xbox Series X, it may not be able to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Network security settings: The security settings on your Wi-Fi network are set too high or are not configured correctly.
Also Read: 0x8027025a Error on Xbox?
Video Guide: Xbox Series X Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi
Solution 1: Check Xbox Live Core Service Status
So first of all we need to check Xbox live core status because if it’s down or something is going on behind the server then you won’t be able to connect to the internet.
All you need to do is:
- Click here.
- If the service shows normal then everything would be OK.
- And if there are any alerts shown or something’s not right then you have to wait for everything to get normal.
Also Read: Xbox One Power Supply Issues
Solution 2: Restart your Router
The next thing you need to do to get over Xbox Series X won’t connect to Wi-Fi with correct password is to power cycle your router
Restarting your router will allow you to establish a new connection with your ISP without any bugs.
Just follow the steps below:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 2 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check for your internet connection.
Best Routers To Buy
After checking the internet connection make sure you restart your console and for that continue to the next solution.
Also Read: No Signal Error in Xbox one FIXED
Solution 3: Xbox Series X Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi? Restart Your Console
Restarting your console stops all the background tasks and if there’s any bug it goes away.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Select Profile & system > Settings
- Go to General and select Power and Startup
- Now select Restart now and then Yes to confirm
If the above solution didn’t fix Connection issues
then continue on to the next.
Also Read: Xbox Series X Not Reading disc
Solution 4: Update Your Router’s Firmware
Sometimes outdated router software leads to a drop in internet speed resulting in Xbox Series x not connecting to internet
So, it’s best to update your router firmware to get over the error.
And here’s how you can update your router firmware:
- Go to your router login page.
- Sign in and look for the software update option.
- And then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
So, updating your router firmware didn’t help you then continue to the next one
Solution 5: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
Xbox Series X won’t connect to Wi-Fi but everything else does also occur when the router is too far from your Xbox, so try bringing your router close to your Xbox Series X, and will receive strong signals leading to a stable internet connection.
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
If not then one more thing you can do to improve your internet speed is to use an ethernet cable for an uninterrupted internet connection which is also suggested by a user on Reddit
Are you still, facing the error?
Then try a different network
Also Read: Xbox Series X Black Screen/No Signal on TV?
Solution 6: Change to a Different Network/Hotspot
Some users reported facing Xbox Series X won’t connect to Wi-Fi when connecting to a particular network, such as their home Wi-Fi, but it goes away when they switch to a different network.
If you’re using your home or office network to play games, try switching to mobile data hotspot to see if it works
If not then continue to the next solution.
Solution 7: How to Change Your DNS Settings On Xbox Series X/S?
There are some faulty DNS servers that may cause Xbox Series X/S Connection error.
So let’s change the DNS Settings:
- Press the Xbox button, it will open up the guide.
- On the guide, select Profile & system and select Settings.
- Under the General settings select Network Settings
- On the Network page select Advance Settings.
- Click on the network you are using.
- Now click Advanced Settings > DNS Settings
- Now choose Manual
- For Primary settings enter 18.104.22.168 and for Secondary 22.214.171.124 to match the Google DNS
- Then click OK to save the change.
- Now restart your console and you will be able to connect your Xbox to the internet
Solution 8: Call Your ISP
The least you can do to solve the Xbox Series X/S can’t connect to internet problems is contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
They will access that data which you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
And if the situation is worse then they will be sending a professional and make it work for you.
Solution 9: Contact Xbox Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit Xbox Support and tell them about the Xbox Series X won’t connect to Wi-Fi on their support page and they will typically reply to you within 24 hours.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section down below
Why will my Xbox not connect to the Internet?
Yes, your Xbox will connect to the internet by checking that your router might not be plugged in so try plugging it back in and restarting it.
Why does Xbox keep kicking me out of parties?
Your Xbox keeps kicking you out of parties because you don’t have a stable internet connection and your NAT type is strict.