Are you facing Roblox Error Code 268?
This error can happen while you playing the game, You get this message with the error code 268. Which kicks you from playing:
“You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior. (Error Code: 268)”
“You have been kicked by the server. Please close and rejoin another game (Error Code: 268)”
Several different reasons may be responsible for the clarity of this particular Roblox error code 268. But no need to worry about, we have discovered all the possible fixes for the annoying issue.
Why did I get kicked out of Roblox?
- Server Issue. This error 268 occurs when the developer is in the maintenance period or dealing with an unexpected server shutdown period. So you have to wait for the developers to fix the problem.
- Corrupted game files: If you seeing this error message occur on Xbox, this is due to file integrity issues. So you need to uninstall the game and reinstall it again.
- Cheat Engine & Softwares: You see this error code if you previously applied a cheat code/engine for Roblox. If you did, possibly you have to get this error. To fix this simply delete and uninstall the cheat codes/software for Roblox and reinstall the Roblox.
- Browser issue: Sometimes you will see this error code while playing the game from your browser directly, so in this case, you have to play the game through the Roblox app. Playing the game through the app is more stable then playing the game via browser.
- 3rd Party Interference: Sometimes this happens occurs due to 3rd party applications. It can interfere while you playing the game. So first you need to disable antivirus or permanently delete it and restart the pc, now check if the problem is resolved.
- Personal settings conflict in Internet properties. In some cases, you have to see this error code message due to your Internet Explorer poorly stores cached data. To fix this, clear the personal settings for internet options.
- Personal settings conflict in Internet Options: In some cases, you have to see this error code message due to your Internet Explorer poorly stores cached data. To fix this, clear the personal settings for internet options.
Related: Roblox Error 116
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 268?
- Disable third-party Roblox extension
- Disable anti-virus while playing
- Play the game through the Roblox app
- Reinstall Roblox
- Restart game
- Restart your PC
- Make sure you are connected online
- Quit and try again later
Solution 1: Check for a Roblox server problem
First, you need to start troubleshooting to check if the problem is from the Roblox game server or not. before you can apply any fixes. to check the status of the Roblox server you by going to these two services:
You only need to access the dedicated page and see if other users are playing the game on the same platform you are currently seeing the same error code.
If you see that the problem is from the server then wait for a while and then trying again to run the Roblox.
Solution 2: Uninstall cheat / exploit software to Fix Roblox Error Code 268
This issue can occur when you try “or previously used” some kind of exploit or cheats when playing Roblox.
So, in this case, you need to fix this problem by uninstalling the Roblox cheat or exploit and restart the game again.
Follow the steps below to uninstall a cheat program or Roblox exploit:
- Press Window+R to Open Run Dialog box
- Type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to open the Programs and Features menu.
- In the Programs and Features, menu scroll down and find an exploit software you are using for Roblox.
- Right-click on the software and select Uninstall.
- Inside the uninstall screen, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation
- Now restart your computer. Launch the Roblox game again and check if the problem still exists or not.
Related: Roblox Error 277
Solution 3: Reinstall the game (Xbox One only)
If you are facing this issue on Xbox live console, it means You will probably be dealing with some kind of inconsistency caused by a bad installation.
It mostly happens in some cases when you shut down your Xbox One console in the middle of the updating game.
To resolve this issue follow, the step by step instruction below:
- Open the Xbox One guide menu by pressing Xbox one controller button
- Next, Goto My Games & Apps menu
- In the Games & Apps menu, scroll down and find Roblox installation in the installed application and games list.
- Now select it and press the Start button to access the Manage game menu from the newly opened context menu.
- In the manage game menu, select Uninstall All. This procedure ensures that you remove the basic game, along with installed updates or add-ons that might cause a problem.
- Now restart your Xbox Console, then follow the official channels to reinstall Roblox along with every update.
Related: Roblox Error Code 6
Solution 4: Using UWP Roblox app in Windows 10
Sometimes this problem occurs by some type of antivirus interferences. This prevents your end-user device from communicating with the Roblox servers, which can cause the server to kick you out of the game and cause error code 268.
So you need to fix this error by simply disabling the antivirus and disable Windows Defender in order to prevent it from interfering with Roblox.
- Go to taskbar
- At the right, you can see the ‘^’ arrow sign.
- Click the arrow and go to the Avast icon
- Click right on the avast icon and disable it up to the next restart.
Now Disable Windows Defender
- Press Windows+R to open a Run dialog box
- Type “windowsdefender:” and press Enter
- In the Windows Security menu, select Firewall & network protection
- Then click on Private network
- Now Disable Microsoft/Windows Defender Firewall
After doing all these settings, restart your computer and lunch the game to check if the problem is resolved now.
Solution 5: Delete Personal internet Settings For Roblox Error Code 268
Sometimes you are facing some network issues to fix this problem by accessing the Internet Options menu and cleaning the Personal Settings from the Advanced Menu. this will set your internet Explorer’s settings back to defaults.
Follow the steps below to delete the personal settings from Internet Options:
- Press Windows + R to open Run Dialog Box.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” and press Enter.
- Now select Advanced Tab in the Internet Properties menu.
- Click on the Reset button under Restore advanced settings.
- At the next screen, check the box associated with Deleted personal settings and click on reset.
Once the setting is completed, launch the Roblox again and see if the problem is now resolved.
The above solution will help you to sort out your Roblox Error Code 268.
Try all the above solutions step by step and comment on us, which solution will help you in fixing the Roblox error code 268 problem.