Does the ROBLOX game keeps disconnecting by showing ROBLOX error code 277 or why Roblox says Lost Connection?
Are you facing a ROBLOX error message that says:
DISCONNECTED: Lost connection to the game server, Please reconnect (error code 277 ROBLOX)?
But don’t worry. Here’s the easiest way to fix error code 277 in ROBLOX.
And in this post, you will know how to fix ROBLOX error code 277.
What is Error Code 277 on Roblox?
Roblox error 277 has an annoying effect on players, especially since the developers haven’t made any official modifications. Errors may occur on mobile devices and game consoles, but more common on Windows and macOS devices.
Roblox Error Code 277 can happen when you try to join the game or are in the middle, and you usually get the following error message:
Lost connection to the game server, Please reconnect (Error code: 277)
There are two options: Leave or Reconnect. Naturally, you choose to reconnect, but it doesn’t work and eventually, you have to leave the game.
The reason why Roblox error 277 occurs, is not the same for everyone. Roblox error 277 can be caused by an internet connection, corrupted system files, malware infection, and incomplete installation of your file. So, we provide this troubleshooting guide to help you solve this problem.
Let’s look at the common causes of this Roblox error code 277 and list the steps needed to fix it.
Why does Roblox Error Code 277 Occur?
The error could also be due to a server failure on the Roblox site, which means that the user cannot do anything except try to reconnect or switch to a different server, or this error is caused by the damage of Windows system files.
Your corrupted file entries are dangerous for Roblox and your computer. Roblox is already aware of the problem and the team is working on a fix, but many users still experience Roblox error code 277.
There are so many reasons why it happens. Internet connection, corrupted system files, malware infection, and incomplete installation files can all lead to Roblox error code 277.
But in this post, you have easily troubleshooting the errors to resolve this issue. The given below solutions steps will help you to fix Roblox error code 277.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 277 on Windowns 10/8/7?
ROBLOX versions are the same for both Desktop and Laptop users. The Compatibility settings are also very similar in both cases.
When the Roblox error code 277 appears on your screen, you must first determine if it is from your side or the Roblox server. To do this, you should check to see if the Roblox is down or is it working properly for everyone else.
If this works, then the problem is with you. After that, you can try to use the ‘common fixes’ that usually solve the problem for the majority of users. Make sure your device has minimum Internet speed and hardware requirements for Roblox, to Play Roblox easily.
- Windows 10 PC
- DirectX 9 and Shader Model 2.0 minimum
- CPU 2.0 GHz
- 1 GB RAM
- 30 MB system memory
- Minimum 6-8 Mbps internet connection
After ensuring that you have the minimum hardware and internet requirements, then you can proceed with the fixes listed below:
Solution 1: How to Run Roblox in Compatibility Mode
Roblox generally works fine with Windows 10, but compatibility issues can crop up sometimes and affect your game. Most applications like Roblox that were built for older versions of Windows are likely to encounter problems when running on the new operating system.
There is very way to troubleshoot compatibility issues in Windows: Changing the compatibility mode settings:
Follow the steps below to edit the Roblox compatibility mode settings:
- Right-click on the Roblox and choose Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab and then check “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the version of Windows you want to use for your application configuration.
- Click the Apply button.
Run Roblox using these settings to see if it fixes the problem.
Solution 2: Delete Roblox Logs
Roblox stores temporary data such as game history, settings, and other files that can take up significant space on your computer. These files can also cause crashes or problems when starting the application, so you should regularly clean these temporary files to avoid errors.
To delete the Roblox app log files, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter the following directory name in the dialog box and press Enter:
- Press Ctrl + A to select all files in the folder
- Then press Shift + Delete to completely delete them.
Open the Run dialog again and navigate to this folder:
Now run Roblox again to see if this solution fixed Roblox error 277.
Please note that deleting game logs will also delete all of your saved games and previous settings, so you have to start over.
Solution 3: Change to a Different Network.
If you’re facing Roblox error code 277 when playing Roblox, it could be related to the ports your router uses. Some users reported getting the error when connecting to a particular network, such as their home Wi-Fi, but it goes away when they switch to a different network.
If you’re using your home or office network to play games, try switching to mobile data to see if it works. If so, you may need to reconfigure your router’s ports.
Solution 4: Change the open ports on your router.
Until 2018, the default UDP port range for Roblox was 1025-5000. After the 2018 update, the default range is 49152–65535. To change open ports on your router, follow these steps:
- Find the IP address of your router by clicking
- Start> Settings> Network & Internet> View Network Properties.
- Your router’s IP address is next to the default gateway.
- Open your browser and enter the IP address to access the router’s settings page.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click the Port Forwarding section.
- The configuration pages for each router are different, so if you don’t see the Port Forwarding section, look for one of the following options or variations:
- Virtual servers
- Secure installation
- Advanced settings
After you have opened the Port Forwarding section or its equivalent, open the desired port range by filling in the necessary information:
- Name / Description – Enter Roblox.
- Service Type / Type – Enter UDP.
- Incoming / Start – Enter 49152.
- Private / End – Enter 65535.
- Then enter the private IP address of your computer.
- Click “Save” or “Apply” to save the settings
Now restart the router for the changes to take effect. Unplug your computer from your router, then plug it back in to check if the Roblox error exists.
Solution 5: Update Your Browser
If you are not using the most up-to-date version of your browser, you may have issues like Roblox error code 277. If you are playing Roblox Studio, you will need to have the latest version of Internet Explorer for the game to work perfectly. You should also make sure that your browser’s security settings allow Roblox. If your security settings are too high, errors like this can occur.
While doing this, disable any ad blockers or browser extensions that you may have installed on your browser. These add-ons can prevent Roblox from fully loading and causing errors.
If you update your browser and are still having problems, try playing with another browser. Roblox is compatible with most of the major web browsers, such as:
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
Solution 6: Reset your Internet Connections
If none of the above-mentioned solutions have worked, you should go for the Internet reset option. This option is only available in the Internet Explorer browser.
To reset the Internet option, you will need to run Internet Explorer. As mentioned above, you need to make sure that the browser is updated to the latest version.
- Click on the gear icon
- Click on the Internet option.
- Open Advanced tab
- Click the reset button.
Close the browser, restart your system, and try playing the game again.
Solution 7: Turn airplane mode on and off (for mobile users)
If you are playing Roblox on your smart devices and you have encountered Roblox error code 277. You need to activate airplane mode, wait a few seconds, and then turn it off again. Make sure to force close all the apps on your device first.
- Close all running applications on your device.
- Swipe up or down to reveal the quick settings.
- Tap the Airplane mode icon to activate it.
- This should disable and reset all your network connections.
- Wait a few seconds, then tap the Wi-Fi icon to turn it on.
- Launch Roblox and play.
Solution 8: Reinstall Roblox
If following all the steps above does not give positive results, the last option is to uninstall Roblox from your computer and reinstall the clean version.
It will also help if you get Roblox error code 277 due to a failed or incomplete installation. Reinstallation will overwrite or replace any broken or damaged files causing the problem.
To reinstall Roblox, follow these steps:
- Sign out of your Roblox account.
- In the Windows search box, type Programs and Features,
- Then click the Programs and Features icon in the search results.
- Scroll down until you find Roblox.
- Click Uninstall.
- After uninstalling the program, go to the Roblox website and log into your account.
- Click Download Now to get the setup file.
- Once downloaded, run the file to install the Roblox game on your computer.
ROBLOX does not have high graphics and is suitable for Windows 10 compatible devices. But sometimes, due to bugs and technical faults, ROBLOX error code 277 is displayed. Sometimes the problem may belong to ROBLOX itself, in that case, you must wait a few days to see if the problem goes away or not.