Hogwarts Legacy offers an abundance of gear options such as necklaces, robes, outfits, and even face gear. While it’s important to optimize your stats by pairing gear, this may not always lead to the best appearance. Fortunately, the game features a Transmog system that lets you alter the design of your armor pieces and weapons based on what you’ve acquired in the past and also allows you to change your character appearance later in the game too.
Changing Hogwarts Legacy Gear Appearance (Transmog)
As you progress through the game and acquire new gear, you’ll notice that each piece of gear has a unique appearance. If you wish to alter the appearance of your gear, follow these simple steps:
- While in-game, head to the Gear’ section of the menu.
- To change your gear appearance, you will first need to equip an item.
- Then hover over the item slot and select the Change Appearance option.
- Select the appearance you wish for that particular piece of gear, or even make it invisible.
- You will also find two different sections: Collections and Other.
- Collections are unique appearances that you have unlocked through the completion of challenges
- Note that you can only change the appearance of your clothing while hovering over the initial gear menu screen, not while selecting individual pieces.
After changing the appearance of your gear, go back to the Gear menu and you’ll see an eye symbol over the gear slot. This symbol indicates that a Transmog is currently in use and the appearance of the gear has been changed
Moreover, the Transmog system in Hogwarts Legacy allows you to change the appearance of your gear, even if you sell it. So, if you have gear that you no longer need or want, you can sell it without worrying about losing its cool design. You’ll be able to use that design on better gear later on.
Also Read: Hogwarts Legacy Complete Review: Gift for Potterheads
How to Unlock Gear Appearance Transmogs?
You can unlock the appearance of most gear by completing side activities such as Challenges, Battle Arenas, and other optional content throughout the main story of the game. Taking time to complete these activities will give you more cosmetic options to choose from and allow you to create your own unique look.
Also Read: 26 unique spells in Hogwarts Legacy so far
How to change Hogwarts Legacy Gear Stats?
To change the stats of a piece of gear in Hogwarts Legacy, follow these steps:
- First off, you’ll need to unlock the Room of Requirement.
- After this, you will need the ‘Loom‘, which is unlocked after completing the 28th main quest in the game titled “The Elf, the Nab-Sack, and the Loom.”
- Players can then use the Loom to change the stats of particular pieces of gear, and add favored Traits so that it is tuned to their preference.
So, that’s all you need to know to change your Gear Appearance and stats
And do let us know in the comments section how much excited are you about the game