CE-100096-6 an unidentified error occurred PS5?
Are you seeing an application error on your screen saying “There was a problem loading the application”?
then you are in the right place and you don’t need to worry because we have compiled a couple of useful solutions for you to solve CE-100096-6 an unidentified error occurred PS5.
What is PS5 Error CE-100096-6 an unidentified error occurred PS5?
PS5 Error CE-100096-6 an unidentified error occurred PS5 is when you try to access downloaded software or game and it leads to an error saying “The game or app closed because of an error” so, you are unable to play that specific game.
Best Video Guide For CE-100096-6
Solution 1: Update Your PS5 Firmware
To fix PS5 Error Code CE-100096-6 you need to check for updates and download the latest version.
Although it updates automatically so, it’s good to check for updates yourself.
How do you update PS5 software?
So, here’s how to update PS5 Firmware:
- Make sure PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System > System Software.
- Then go to System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5.
- And check if an unidentified error occurred PS5 is fixed or not.
What is the latest PS5 firmware?
Since the release of PS5, this is the first firmware update of PS5 from Sony which has a version of version 21.02-04.02.00
Also Read: PS5 Black Screen
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
Moving on to solution 2 to fix an unidentified error occurred PS5.
Solution 2: Delete and Reinstall the Game to Fix CE-100096-6
This technique has worked for many users to solve PS5 CE-100096-6 an unidentified error occurred PS5 as there could be some corrupted game data or files so why not delete and reinstall the whole game.
Here’s how you can fix an unidentified error occurred PS5:
- On the PS5 home screen select the game or application which you want to delete.
- Press the options button and select Delete from the list.
- Then select OK to confirm.
- Now go to Game Library on the home screen.
- Find the game which you want to reinstall, select it, and choose the Download option.
- And your CE-100096-6 an unidentified error occurred PS5 will be fixed.
Also Read: How to Fix Queued Download Glitch
If the above solution didn’t fix the PS5 unidentified error then restarting your PS5 will fix it.
Solution 3: Restart Your PS5 to Fix An Unidentified Error occurred PS5
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
What happens when you restart your PS5?
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up and deletes user data too.
Also Read: PS5 Won’t Turn On? Check out the best Tips
So here’s how to restart PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console and after a minute click on the power button of your console which will drain all the power.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plugin everything back and Restart your PS5
- And try a wired internet connection after restarting and make sure you reconfigure your settings to check if Error Code CE-100096-6 an unidentified error occurred PS5 is fixed.
I hope the above-mentioned solutions solved an unidentified error occurred PS5 and if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section. Get Your Playstation DualSense Wireless Controller