Looking to fix Corrupted Files Windows 11
you would be thinking about how to Repair Windows 11?
First of all, you don’t need to worry much because you are not alone in this as other users don’t even know the accurate fixes for Windows 11 Corrupted Files.
I just want to tell you that we have compiled a list of the best solutions for you to Repair Windows 11 and fix Corrupted Files.
Before moving on to the Solutions we have some questions and their answers ready for you.
What causes Files to Corrupt?
Typically your files get corrupt due to bad sectors on your hard drive, some bad storage media,
and any kind of virus or malware gets downloaded into your PC leading to file corruption.
What does Windows preparing Automatic Repair mean?
The Automatic Repair help solve issues that don’t let you boot up your PC properly and if the PC doesn’t boot up consecutive two times then the Automatic Repair window will appear.
Solution 1: Update Windows 11 To Fix Corrupted Files
Sometimes your outdated PC is the main cause of the Windows 11 Corrupted Files
For the best performance of your PC, you need to make sure that your Windows OS is up to date.
and with new updates, the Repair Windows 11 will be fixed.
So, here is how you can update your Windows 11 OS:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon and a new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates button.
- If there is any update it will start updating the PC
- It will take some time to update Windows OS and after that, you can restart your PC.
Solution 2: Startup Repair Windows 11
To repair Windows 11 you need to head to Advance Startup Window,
that will solve every problem from your Windows 11.
How can I repair Windows 11?
Just follow the steps below to repair Windows 11:
- Firstly shut down your PC completely and then press the power button to boot up the system.
- Now force shutdown your PC by pressing and holding down the power button.
- And carry out the above step at least 2 to 3 times and the 4th time boot up your PC normally.
- Now you will see an Automatic Repair screen and click on the Advanced options.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- And choose Advanced options > Start-up Repair options.
After this, the Windows 11 Corrupted Files problem will be fixed.
If the above solution didn’t help your repair Windows 11 then continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Perform a System File Check to Repair Windows 11 and Corrupted Files
Sometimes the damaged file can lead to data corruption in Windows 11 and your program will be unable to run.
So, the Sfc(System file checker) helps you scan the errors and replaces the corrupted files.
How do I fix a corrupt operating system?
Here’s what you need to do to Repair Windows 11 and Corrupted Files:
- Open Command Prompt as an Administrator, press Windows Key + X
- Or, search “Command Prompt” in the Startup menu, then choose Run as administrator
- Type “sfc /scannow”
- Be careful with the spaces between commands.
- This action may take up to 20 minutes so don’t interrupt it.
- After that restart your PC and check if the Corrupted Files problem is solved or not.
Having a High CPU Error CHECK OUT: What is Acrord32.exe?
If the above solution didn’t help your repair Windows 11 then continue to the system maintenance.
Solution 4: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
This system maintenance troubleshooter will look for errors all-around your PC and will fix them.
Moreover, the corrupted files will get fixed with it.
So, here’s how to run a system maintenance troubleshooter:
- Click on the Search icon
- Select Control Panel.
- Now look for Troubleshooting
- In the left pane click on View all.
- And select System Maintenance.
After the troubleshooting is done you need to run your Windows in Safe Mode.
And you do this by following the steps below:
- Press Windows Button + R Key
- The Run Dialogue Box will appear
- Type “msconfig“ and press Enter.
- The System Configuration window will open and then click on the Boot tab.
- Now checkbox the Safe boot option.
- Then click on Apply and OK for the system to reboot in safe mode.
- After rebooting check if Windows 11 Corrupted Files is fixed or not.
Also Read: TOASTER.EXE Failed
Solution 5: Scan System File to Fix Windows 11/10/7 Corrupted Files
Most errors are caused by corrupted files, so start by checking the system files.
You can do this using the command prompt.
While typing commands be careful at the spaces between ‘/’ and word.
So here’s what you need to do to repair Windows 11/10/7 files:
- Search by pressing the Window key and type “Command Prompt“
- Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as Administrator“. The option is available in the right pane of the window too.
- Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Res and press Enter.
- It Might take up to 30 minutes to complete the process
- Once the operation is completed successfully, type “sfc /scannow” in the command line and then press the Enter key.
- If there were any corrupted files you would see the following message on the command line: “Windows Resource Protection detected corrupted files and successfully restored them.”
- If so, type exit and hit enter.
- You can restart your windows and check if corrupted files in Windows 7 exists.
Also Read: LockApp.exe? What’s It? Is It Safe?
Solution 6: Use a System Restore Point to Repair Windows 11
This feature helps you to restore your PC to a previous state as the corrupted files might be due to previous changes made to the PC.
- Type in the search bar “Create a restore point”.
- Click on System Restore on the System Properties window that appeared.
- Then click Next when the System Restore window opens.
- Now check Show more restore points options; Select the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the instructions that are shown on the screen.
If you haven’t made a System restore point, this won’t be of help now, but it’s a great idea to have a restore point made when your PC/laptop is in a healthy state so you can jump back to that point if you face any problem.
Note: If there are no available restore points:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Search Recover -> Select Recovery
- Then go to Configure System Restore
- Select Configure
- Choose Turn on system protection to enable this option.
You would need to refresh Windows from Windows Defender to fix Windows 11 corrupted files issue if this didn’t work.
Also Read: MMC.exe Error Blocked
Solution 7: Reset This PC
If non of the above solutions can’t help you get over corrupted files then the least you can do is reset your PC.
You will get an option to keep your important files save or delete everything on your PC but make sure you have a backup created before resetting your PC.
How do I factory Reset this computer?
So, here’s how to reset your PC:
- Press Windows key + I to go to Settings
- In the Settings screen choose System
- Now scroll down and click on Recovery
- Under the Recovery options select Reset PC
- Now select according to your own choice Keep my files or Remove everything to continue
- Next, select Cloud download or local reinstall for Windows 11 to continue.
- Now continue following the on-screen instruction to reset your PC.
So, these are the best fixes we could get for you to fix Corrupted FilesWindows 11.
It’s best you try all the solutions and if you have any other or any type of question then just let us know in the comment section below.
What does Reset this PC do Windows 11?
Reset this PC on Windows 11 restore windows to its factory settings and give the option to delete or keep your important files.
Does automatic repair delete files?
No, automatic repair doesn’t delete files and you won’t lose any data
How do I start PC in Safe Mode?
When your PC is booting up you can hold down the F8 key before the Windows logo appears and your PC will boot in safe mode.