The Steam Deck, created by Valve, offers gamers the convenience of a portable device while providing access to a vast collection of games through the Steam platform. For individuals new to gaming on a handheld device or specifically PS4 players, the controls may take some getting used to.
However, the Steam Deck is compatible with external controllers, making the gaming experience more comfortable for all users.
And for those who are looking to get the most out of their PS4 controller then continue reading the guide below.
Also Read: How To Connect AirPods To Your Steam Deck? Easy Steps
Connecting PS4 controller to Steam Deck
The DualShock 4 controllers can be easily connected via Bluetooth to Steam Deck without the need for additional configurations or third-party applications. However, it’s worth noting that the in-game button icons may not match the physical layout of the controller buttons.
Just follow these easy steps to connect a PlayStation DualShock 4 to your Steam Deck:
- Tap on the Steam Button to open the sidebar
- Go to Settings
- Select Bluetooth
- And then toggle On Bluetooth and Show all devices and you will be able to see the device you want to pair your Steam Deck with.
- Press and hold the PS button and Share button on DualShock 4 at the same time, until the lights on the controller flash.
- The Wireless Controller will appear on the Steam Deck’s Bluetooth menu.
- Click on the Wireless Controller icon to connect.
Problem Using a PS4 Controller On The Steam Deck
One problem that every user sometimes faces after connecting a PS4 controller to Steam Deck is it would connect successfully but it will not register any inputs.
So, what you need to do is set the PS4 controller on priority:
- Press the PlayStation + X button at the same time.
- Go to “Rearrange controller order”
- Set the DualShock as the number 1 controller.
So, that’s everything you must know for connecting and setting up PS4 Controller.
Do let us know in the comments section, which games are you playing with the PS4 controller on Steam Deck