PS4 White Light? PS4 Controller FLASHING WHITE?
You may be shocked that your new PS4 Dual Shock controller doesn’t connect to your PS4
and starts showing PS4 controller white/yellow or orange light.
But you don’t need to worry because we have listed a couple of useful solutions for you to solve PS4 white light.
Why is my PS4 Controller Flashing White?
Your PS4 controller flashing white due to two reasons:
- Either its battery is going to be dead.
- Or due to a faulty USB cable.
What is the White Light of Death PS4?
The white light of death PS4 means that unfortunately, your PS4 needs to be repaired or broken somehow.
Why is my PS4 Controller Flashing Blue and Not Connecting?
PS4 controller flashing blue means that either the controller is unable to sync with the console or vice versa
Video Guide For PS4 White Light:
Solution 1: Reset Your PS4 Controller
PS4 white light and PS4 controller flashing white light are caused mostly due to malfunctioning of the controller itself.
PS4 safe mode loop can be fixed through this method as well.
And resetting has been helpful to many users in fixing the PS4 white light.
So let’s configure your controller:
- Make sure you have disconnected the controller from the console or any charging port.
- Now you will see a small hole under the L2 button at the back of your controller which will be your reset button.
- Put a needle or toothpick into the reset hole.
- Press the button and hold on to it for a few seconds and release.
- Your controller would restart and check if the PS4 controller flashing white light is solved.
Solution 2: Using a Micro USB Cable
This technique will completely shut down your PS4 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up and Fix PS4 white light.
So here’s how to fix the PS4 controller flashing white light:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now Press and hold the power button several times until there’s no remaining power which will clean all the cache and drain the PS4 from any current.
- Now wait for 4 to 5 minutes and plug in everything back and connect your controller with a micro USB cable.
- Now check if your PS4 controller blinking white is solved or not.
You can also use your Andriod phone cable if the above didn’t work in fixing PS4 white light.
Solution 3: Re-sync Controller at Startup to Fix PS4 Controller Flashing white
If the above solution didn’t work for you then try re-syncing at the start to overcome PS4 Controller Flashing White and PS4 white light.
Just follow the steps:
- Shut down your PS4.
- Connect your controller to the console with a USB cable.
- Press and hold the PS button which will lead to re-syncing the controller at startup. Optionally, try using the share button simultaneously.
- And PS4 controller flashing blue will be fixed.
Solution 4: Rebuild the PS4 Database
If the PS4 controller blinking white and PS4 white light is still coming
This is the best solution that has worked out for many users.
Before make sure if your PS4 controller flashing white is linked with some corrupted files then you will lose your personal data, so kindly backup all your personal data in a USB drive.
So let’s fix the white PS4 controller:
- Connect DUALSHOCK 4(DS4) to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now go down to option number 5 and select “Rebuild Database“.
- Wait for the process to complete and your PS4 white light problem will be solved.
I hope you get to fix PS4 White light and if you got any questions just let us know.