PS4 Error CE-30005-8 has occurred?
Is your screen showing an error message showing “Cannot start the application? (CE-30005-8)”?
What is error code CE 30005 8 on ps4?
This error usually occurs due to hardware failures including the Blu-Ray/DVD Player/Disk Drive.
As this is a serious issue so it’s highly recommended you backup your data as quickly as possible before you lose it.
How do I fix error code CE 30005 8 on ps4?
Here is a list of 7 solutions that will solve PS4 Error CE-30005-8 and actually work.
Solution 1: Cleaning The Blu-Ray/DVD Disc
The first thing you need to do is check the disc if PS4 Error CE-30005-8 is occurring when you start the game.
For this you need to do is:
- Eject the disc manually by pressing the Eject button on your console
- OR you can press the Options button on your Dual Shock 4 which is on the Home menu which will give you the option to Remove Disc.
- Now check the disc carefully for any scratches or smudges underside.
- Clean the disc using a clean, soft cloth.
- Insert the Disc back into your console and check if PS4 Error CE-30005-8 is fixed.
Solution 2: Checking The External Hard Drive
If you are trying to launch your game from an external hard drive and PS4 Error CE-30005-8 occurs meaning you have to repair it due to malfunctioning.
Mostly it occurs after the PS4 has recognized and approved your external hard drive.
If your external hard drive is making clicking/grinding noise, then it’s not that serious.
You just need to check for bad sectors and remove them from them.
Here’s a complete video guide on how to remove bad sectors.
Solution 3: Checking The Internal Hard Drive
If PS4 Error CE-30005-8 is due to your internal hard drive then its a major issue
You don’t need to worry because these might be some bad sectors not allowing the drive to function properly.
So you will be using the same guide for this as mentioned in solution 2 to fix the internal hard drive.
Solution 4: Restoring Licenses to Fix PS4 Error CE-30005-8
This method has worked for some users as whenever you purchase a game through PSN
PS4 keeps track of the game’s license
So all you need to do is:
- Go to Settings > Account management > Restore License.
It will take several minutes to restore, so it’s worth it if you wait.
Solution 5: Delete And Restore Game Data On Hard Disk
So deleting the game data on your hard drive and restoring it will remove PS4 Error CE-30005-8.
Before you begin if you are a PlayStation Plus member then you will be a USB flash drive with enough space to save your backup.
Just follow the steps given below:
- On your Home page press UP on the D-pad to go to the Function menu.
- Go to the Settings icon and press the X button to open it.
- Now click on the Application Saved Data Management option by pressing the X button.
- Then click on Saved Data in System Storage.
- Select the game in which you are having trouble and press the options button to delete it.
- After deleting you can restore the data by repeating step 3.
Restart your game to check if PS4 Error CE-30005-8 is solved.
Solution 6: Rebuild the PS4 Database
This is the best solution that has worked out for many users.
This Rebuild Database feature allows you to clean up the data on your PS4 and sort out everything on the hard drive.
So let’s turn on your PS4:
- Connect DUALSHOCK 4(DS4) to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now go down to option number 5 and select “Rebuild Database“
- Wait for the process to complete as it may take a few hours and your PS4 won’t turn on the problem will be solved.
Solution 7: Disable the Mods to Fix PS4 Error CE-30005-8
If there are recently added Mods on your PS4 and you are using them but sadly you have to disable them if you want to get rid of PS4 Error CE-30005-8.
This solution may not work for all users but it’s worth giving a try.
I hope the above solutions worked for you and if non of the above work then take it PS4 customer care center.
Do ask any questions in the comment section.