PS4 Error WS-44949-0?
Or, Can’t Sign in to PlayStation network after the latest PS4 update 9.60?
So, you just bought your brand new PS4 or you eventually see an error message on your screen saying:
“This account cannot be signed into on this PS4 (WS-44949-0)”
No need to worry as you are not the only one having this issue as many users reported WS-44949-0 on Reddit.
So, just calm down!
because we have prepared a list of 7 easy official solutions for you to get rid of PS4 WS-44949-0.
But before moving on just to let you know what you will be seeing in the guide below:
- What causes PS4 error WS-44949-0
- A video guide to help you solve WS-44949-0
- And 7 helpful solutions explained in detail.
What causes PS4 WS-44949-0? Can’t Sign in to PSN?
Although there are many causes of PS4 WS-44949-0,
and here are 6 main ones:
- Your account might be banned from the PlayStation Network if you used any card that has been stolen or fake recently
- Internet connection must be slow
- Your username or password may have been entered incorrectly,
- The PSN server may be down
- PS4 might be activated as primary.
- Outdated Software
Can Sony merge PSN accounts?
Yes, anyone that has different Sony accounts can merge PSN accounts and can use that to log in to other services.
Video Guide: PS4 Error WS-44949-0
Solution 1: Check if the Play Station Network (PSN) is Down?
So, all you can do is confirm that this problem exists.
How do I check my PSN status?
Here’s how you can check PSN status:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the service status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait.
- If the server issue is fixed then do check for system software updates.
- And if the site won’t load then surely it’s your internet connection problem.
If you think there’s an internet problem then follow the next solution to fix this account cannot be signed into on this PS4 WS-44949-0.
Also Read: PS4 Error CE-36329-3
Want to Charge & Cool Your PS4?
So restarting PS4 in safe mode has solved PS4 error code WS-44949-0 for many users.
You will not lose your personal data while using this solution.
How do I start my PS4 in Safe Mode?
Just follow the steps:
- Turn off your PS4 by pressing the power button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now connect DUALSHOCK 4(DS4) to the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Select Restart PS4 and press X to reboot your console in Safe Mode.
- If you still can’t sign into PlayStation network then follow the next solution below.
Solution 3: Activate/Deactivate as Primary PS4
What you need to do to fix “this account cannot be signed into on this PS4” is deactivate all your primary PS4 and activate it as your primary ones.
Just follow the steps below:
- Log in to your PS4
- Now select the Setting Icon
- A Setting Menu will open.
- Now select the Account Management option
- A further option will open
- Now you can see multiple options
- Select the Activate As your primary PS4
- Now See Two option
- One is Activate Second is Deactivate
- Now Select the option you desire.
- After pressing your option
- The confirmation prompt will open
- Click Yes / Confirm in order to pursue Activate / Deactivate that PS4 as primary and PS4 error code WS-44949-0 will be fixed.
Make Your PS4 Console Colourful! Check Now
Solution 4: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
PS4 Error WS-44949-0 also occurs when the router is too far from your PS4.
So, try bringing it close to your system, and will receive strong signals leading to a stable internet connection.
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz. And if you can’t do this then try buying a powerful router that will provide you with strong and wide signals around your house.
Or you can establish a wired internet connection too.
And then check whether PS4 Error WS-44949-0 is solved or not.
After improving the Wi-Fi speed if you still can’t sign into PlayStation network then move to the next solution.
Also Read: PS4 Errors: Complete List
Solution 5: How to Change Your DNS Settings On PS4?
There is some faulty DNS error that may cause PS4 Error WS-44949-0 “this account cannot be signed into on this PS4”
How do I unblock my PS4 from my router?
So let’s change the DNS Settings:
- Click Settings > Network Settings.
- Select View Connection Status and write down IP Address, Subnet Mask, and the Default Gateway.
- Then click Set Up Internet Connection.
- Click on the network you are using.
- Now select Custom > IP Address Settings > Manual
- For Primary settings enter 126.96.36.199 and for Secondary 188.8.131.52 to match the Google DNS.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
- And Reboot your PS4 to check if the PSN resolve WS-44949-0 is solved or not.
Solution 6: Call Your ISP to Fix Can’t Sign into PlayStation Network
If changing DNS couldn’t help you solve this account cannot be signed into on this PS4 (WS-44949-0), then contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP).
They will access that data that you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
And if the situation is worse then they will be sending a professional and make it work for you.
Solution 7: Contact PS4 Support
The last way you can sort out WS-44949-0 is to Contact PS4 Support and let them know that you have followed 7 different ways and you still get “this account cannot be signed into on this PS4 WS-44949-0” error message.
The issue can be specific to your console and PS4 Support can possibly fix this.
I hope these solutions helped you overcome PS4 Error WS-44949-0.
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.
Our Social Handles!
How do I make my PS4 primary again?
In order to make your PS4 primary again, you have to deactivate the other one and make your current one primary.
Why can’t my PlayStation connect to the server?
Your PlayStation can’t connect to the server as the server may be down or your internet connection not working properly.
How long does it take for PSN to do maintenance?
It takes about 2 hours for PSN to do maintenance.