Here are the top 5 Asus ROG Ally alternative gaming consoles that you can find for a better price but nearly the same performance
Portable gaming has revived again; this time, we can play it as Asus ROG Ally. By far, ROG Ally has secured the spot to become the best handheld gaming console that can run almost every AAA game. However, it comes with issues like overheating and battery timing. Especially after the recent BIOS update, users are downgrading to the older BIOS to at least get an optimized gaming experience.
Hence, we have compiled a list of the five best Asus ROG Ally alternative gaming consoles that can deliver better performance for a better price. We will also state the pros and cons of each handheld gaming console to help you make the right choice.
1. Valve Steam Deck
Probably the most competitive gaming console in comparison to Asus ROG Ally is Valve Steam Deck. Even though ROG Ally can play Steam Games, they sometimes lag or won’t start. Hence you can alternatively buy Steam Deck to get that portable gaming console experience exclusively.
As far as the performance is considered, Asus ROG Ally is statistically more powerful than Steam Deck. The display screen is also the 7-inch, but its 720 displays with a 60 Hertz display. On the other hand, it offers the same RAM and SSD storage, making it a friendly Asus ROG Ally alternative. One great advantage of Steam Deck is its trackpad style control, making it more accurate to use like a handheld gaming PC.
- Steam has a large community that guides the well on tips and tweaks.
- Extensive gaming library that runs all the games of Steam Client.
- Dual touchpad controls for getting mouse accuracy.
- Expandable storage with SD card.
- Comfortable controls setup.
- Dedicated to running SteamOS only.
- Incompatible anti-cheat blocks some games.
- Poor battery life.
2. Logitech G-Tech
Logitech G-Tech handheld gaming console combines Android 11 and Microsoft that runs the Xbox Cloud Gaming. This console comes with a handful of PC gaming features, much like the same concept offered by the Asus ROG Ally.
Logitech G-Tech also gives access to Nvidia GeForce now, which is much better than the ROG Ally’s AMD GPU performance. The control setup and display are gorgeous with the 60 Hz 16:9 display. One thing we love about Logitech G-Tech is the battery life extends almost twice as much Asus ROG Ally.
- Offers all-day battery life.
- Allows access to PC and console titles like Asus ROG Ally.
- Runs games like a pro at medium to high graphics.
- Precise and comfortable controls.
- Perfect screen size for wide-screen gaming.
- Relies on high-speed internet.
- A limited number of games due to Android OS.
- Does not support all types of controllers.
3. AyaNeo 2
We chose this gaming console as the Asus ROG Ally alternative due to its Windows as the operating system. The AyaNeo 2 is much like a combination of Steam Deck and ROG Ally in one. However, the price factor of AyaNeo 2 is much more than the ROG Ally with a striking USD 1099, which is three hundred bucks more than the ROG Ally.
This console does come with 16 gigs of DDR5 RAM with 512 GB of SSD support powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 6800U processor. The display is not near the ROG Ally either, as it offers 60 Hertz on a 1200-resolution bezel-less display. But the control setup is comfortable, reliable, and smooth. The accuracy is uncanny for a gaming console, and that’s exactly where the whole cost of this console went. Overall, it seems like a decent option if you can afford it.
- Ergonomic controls with comfortable design.
- Long-term battery life that gives a decent playtime.
- Powerful processor that can easily run AAA games like a pro.
- Windows compatibility makes it easier to run more games.
- Best for multiplayer gaming on a portable device.
- Very expensive for a handheld gaming console.
- The display resolution is not sharp enough.
- Overheats frequently during long gaming sessions.
4. Razer Edge Wi-Fi
Razer Edge Wi-Fi is one tough Asus ROG Ally alternative due to its high-end specification sheet and incredible 144 Hertz AMOLED touch-screen display. This portable gaming console feels like a truly high-end gaming PC in your hands with its powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon G3x Gen 1.
The console has Wi-Fi and 5G Verizon variants, so you can choose one that suits your activities. The 5G variant is a useful option for those who are always on the run and looking to play multiplayer games anywhere. Moreover, the Verizon 5G partnership gives users a huge advantage to choose Razer Edge as the Asus ROG Ally alternative, and it is $200 cheaper than Ally.
- 144 Hertz AMOLED display.
- Detachable controllers.
- Comes in Wi-Fi or 5G variants.
- Runs AAA games smoothly to deliver stable 60 frame rates.
- Delivers playtime of 4 to 5 hours.
- Only available in the United States.
- Relies on a stable internet connection for multiplayer gaming and other updates.
5. GPD Win 3
As weird as the name of this console sounds, the design is no less weird either. The GPD Win 3 will give you a vibe of a multitasking phone from the 90s as it comes with a large QWERTY keyboard. The console’s design may seem outdated, but the specs make it the perfect Asus ROG Ally alternative.
The unusual-looking GPD Win 3 has a sliding 60 Hertz 7-inch 720p display. It’s powered by the Core i7 1195G7 processor and 16 GB of DDR4 RAM. Despite having a massive keyboard, the console has a touch-screen running. The Windows 10 OS and full-size USB ports make it appear more like Windows PC. Overall, the software seems a bit outdated, but it can still run almost every AAA game.
- Standard components can be easily upgraded.
- Slide-up touch-screen for ease of usage.
- The keyboard makes it perfect to operate.
- Features full-size USB ports for plugging in directly.
- 16 gigs of graphics memory
- DDR4-based hardware makes it a bit weaker than other handheld gaming consoles.
- The controls and button setup feels cheap yet not so satisfactory to use.
- The design-build seems not so sturdy.
Asus ROG Ally made huge noise during its launch and overtook many competitors based on its specifications. But despite all the hardware specs, the software and optimization still require improvements. Hence you can always go for the Asus ROG Ally alternative gaming consoles to get the best experience for the best price.