PlayStation Network is experiencing an outage, leaving many PS5 users unable to connect to the service.
The error code WS-116762-2 is being reported by users trying to sign in to the network. This is causing frustration among gamers who are unable to access their online games and content. Sony has not yet released a statement on the issue or given an estimated time for when the network will be fully functional again.
This is not the first time PlayStation Network has experienced an outage, but it is unclear what caused this particular disruption.
User have started reporting it as well:
If you’re dealing with this error, you’re not alone. Many other PS5 users have also reported experiencing the WS-116762-2 error and have shared their experiences and potential solutions on forums and online communities like Reddit.
It can be helpful to read through these discussions and see if others have had similar issues and what solutions have worked for them. You never know, you might just find the fix you’ve been looking for.
Solution 1: Check if PlayStation Store/Network is down
One potential cause of the WS-116762-2 error is an issue with the PlayStation store/PSN servers itself. If the store is experiencing high traffic or is down for maintenance, it can cause this error to occur.
If you suspect this might be the case, you can try checking the store’s status to see if it’s currently experiencing any issues. If the store is down, you’ll just have to wait until it’s back up and running.
How do I check my PSN status?
Here’s how you can check PSN status:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the service status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait.
- If the server issue is fixed then do check for system software updates.
- And if the site won’t load then surely it’s your internet connection problem.
But what if the store isn’t down? In that case, there are still a few solutions you can try to fix the WS-116762-2 error on your PS5. These include checking your internet connection, restarting your console, and clearing your console’s cache.
While these solutions may not work for everyone, they may be helpful in fixing the WS-116762-2error on your PS5. So don’t give up hope! With a little patience and some troubleshooting, you may be able to get your console back up and running smoothly again.
Solution 2: Restore Licenses to Fix WS-116762-2
If the above solution didn’t work for you then this one will surely solve this issue.
How do I restore licenses on PS5?
So let’s Restore licenses PS5 in the coming steps:
- Select the Gear icon on the top right of your PS5 home screen.
- Then select User and Accounts > Other.
- Now choose Restore Licenses.
- And select the Restore button.
- This process will take a few seconds and your Error Code PS WS-116762-2 will be fixed.
Solution 3: Restart your Router
Restarting your router will allow you to establish a new connection with your ISP without any bugs and help you fix “something went wrong CE-117773-6”
Just follow the steps below:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 2 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check for your internet connection.
Best Routers To Buy
TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router
TP-Link Archer AX11000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router
After checking the internet connection if you are still facing CE-117773-6 then continue to the next solution.
Also Read: PS5 error code NP-107938-8
Solution 4: Restart Your PS5 to Fix PS5 WS-116762-2
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
Check out the best Tips: PS5 Won’t Turn On?
So, here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console and after a minute click on the power button of your console which will drain all the power.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plug in everything back and Restart your PS5
- And try a wired internet connection after restarting and make sure you reconfigure your settings to check if WS-116762-2 is fixed.
If the above solution didn’t fix PS5 WS-116762-2 then move on to the next solution.
Also Read: PS5 Not Connecting to Controller
Solution 5: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
The error occurs when the router is too far from your console. So, try bringing your router close to your system, and will receive strong signals leading to a stable internet connection.
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz. And, if you can’t do this then try buying a powerful router that will provide you strong and wide signals around your house.
Or you can establish a wired internet connection too.
And then check for PS5 Error Code WS-116762-2 solved.
After improving the Wifi speed if you still have Error Code WS-116762-2 then move to the next solution.
Solution 6: Update Your Router’s Firmware
If the above solution didn’t fix your PS5 WS-116762-2 then updating your router software will do the job.
Sometimes outdated router software leads to a drop in internet speed resulting in unable to connect to the internet.
So, it’s best to update your router firmware, and here’s how you can do this:
- Go to your router login page.
- Sign in and look for the software update option.
Solution 7: Contact PS5 Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website and tell them about the PS5 WS-116762-2 on their support page and they will typically reply to you within 24 hours.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error.
I hope these solutions helped you overcome PSN Down.
We’ve provided you with a few potential solutions that have worked for us and the users too, including checking the status of the PlayStation store, verifying your internet connection, restarting your console, and more.
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.