Looking on fixing PS5 controller Blinking Blue Light?
Is your PS5 controller flashes blue then turns off?
If you are seeing a blinking blue light coming out from the middle of your controller then you don’t need to panic.
As you are not the only one having PS5 controller flashing blue as many others also reported on Reddit too.
So, we have prepared a list of 6 easy solutions for you to get rid of PS5 controller blinking blue in the guide below.
Why is my PS controller flashing blue light?
If the controller flashes blue continuously, there is a problem with the connection between the controller and the console or PC.
And this could be due to these 5 reasons:
- The device you are connecting your console with may not be compatible.
- Your controller software might be outdated.
- The PS5 system software might be need to update.
- Damaged or faulty USB cables can also result in issues like this.
- Other Bluetooth devices might be interfering
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained. It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
And eventually, you will get to fix PS5 controller flashing blue light
So here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now Press and hold the power button several times until there’s no remaining power which will clean all the cache and drain the PS5 from any current.
- Now wait for 4 to 5 minutes and plug in everything back and try running PS5 and check if PS5 controller blinking blue won’t connect is solved.
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
Solution 2: Turn Off Nearby Bluetooth Devices To Fix PS5 Controller Flashing Blue
If the above solution didn’t work for you then this surely will solve the PS5 controller blinking blue 6 times.
Dualsense Bluetooth not working?
You need to make sure the Bluetooth devices nearby you such as speakers, mouse, mic, or any other are turned off.
Turning off these devices will result in zero interference of Bluetooth signals between your PS5 and controller.
This solution should fix the PS5 controller blinking or PS5 remote flashing blue issue.
If PS5 controller keeps flashing blue then you need to check for controller updates
The upcoming solution will guide you to update your PS5 controller manually.
If you accidentally skipped your PS5 DualSense controller update but suddenly you face a blinking blue light PS5 controller then,
here’s How To Update PS5 Controller Manually to fix the PS5 controller blinking blue 6 times:
- First of all, you need to disconnect your PS5 from the internet and you can do this by turning your Wifi OFF.
- Or Click the Settings icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click Network > Connect to the Internet and disconnect your PS5 from the internet.
- Now go back to the System page and select Date and Time.
- And select Set Manually.
- Now set the date one day behind and press OK.
- All you need to do is restart your PS5 and when it gets turned On you will be prompted with a Wireless Controller Device Software page.
- Where you will select Update Now and after some time you will be able to update PS5 controller manually.
- You can repeat steps 2 to 4 to connect your PS5 to the internet and Set the Date and Time Automatically
If updating your PS5 manually didn’t fix PS5 controller blinking Blue then continue to update your PS5.
Solution 4: Update Your PS5 Firmware
So, if you got a spare controller and updating the system software will solve the PS5 controller keeps flashing blue.
Although it updates automatically but its good to check for updates yourself so and here’s how you can do it:
- Make sure PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings.
- Then to System > System Software.
- And go to System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5.
Video Guide to Update PS5 System Software:
After the update is done try connecting your controller to your console to check if PS5 Controller blinking blue light is fixed.
And if not then continue to the next solution.
Solution 5: Reset Your Unresponsive PS5 DualSense Controller
The second last thing you can do to fix the PS5 controller blinking blue 6 times is reset the controller.
Mostly due to malfunctioning of the controller you get PS5 controller blue light. And resetting has been helpful to many users.
Why is my controller not connecting to my PS5? How to reset DualSense controller?
So, let’s configure your controller:
- Make sure you have disconnected the controller from the console or any charging port.
- Now you will see a small hole under the L2 button at the back of your controller which will be your dual sense reset button.
- Put a needle or toothpick into the reset hole.
- Press the button and hold on to it for a few seconds and release.
- Your controller would restart and now reconnect the controller to the console with the USB cable.
- Press the PS button which is located in the center of your DualSense.
And if you are still facing the PS5 controller blinking blue then move on to the last solution.
Solution 6: Call PS5 Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website and tell them about the PS5 controller blinking blue in detail on their support page and they will typically reply to you within 24 hours.
Or you can go to your nearest Sony Service Centre and they will give your controller a treatment.
If you face any issues while trying the solutions, do let us know in the comments section below.
We will be happy to assist you!
How do I fix an unresponsive PS5 controller?
Here’s what you can do to fix an unresponsive PS5 controller:
1. Try connecting it with a different USB cable.
2. Reset your Controller.
How does PS5 DualSense controller sync or pair with the console?
The PS5 DualSense wireless controller uses Bluetooth version 5.1 to pair with the console and encounter any signal interference problem.
Can you overcharge PS5 controller?
Your PS5 controller will never be overcharged due to the built-in protection chip.
How long does a PS5 controller last?
Your PS5 controller can last up to six hours or sometimes even 12 according to users so, it has the best battery life.