Looking to play Minecraft on PS5?
Is Minecraft On PS5?
Minecraft has been on PlayStation for a long time, but never quite like this. Minecraft fans no longer have to be envious of their friends on other platforms, because the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft is on PlayStation 4.
Minecraft on PlayStation 4 supports split-screen play for you to build with friends. You can also play cross-platform with other devices running Minecraft. Supports PlayStation VR.
Available as a physical disc and digitally from the PlayStation Store.
The main point of telling you all this was that due to Minecraft being on PS4 you will be able to play Minecraft on PS5 and now you will have a lot of questions on your mind that
how is that possible? or is there Minecraft On PS5?
Is Minecraft available on PS5?
First of all, you all need to be clear that there’s no Minecraft On PS5, and it’s due to the following reasons:
- As you know Minecraft is under Microsoft and the Xbox is one more product of theirs that is the competitor of Sony. As there are millions of users worldwide and covers a huge market so it could be one reason that Microsoft doesn’t want Minecraft on PS5.
- Another reason could be that PlayStation doesn’t want Minecraft on its PS5 console but let’s wait for the official news.
Also, there are chances that or you can say rumors that PlayStation might reveal the release date of Minecraft On PS5 in the coming year.
Will there be a Minecraft PS5 upgrade?
There’s no official news for the Minecraft PS5 upgrade as first they will release Minecraft on PS5 and then they will think about updating it. So, there will be no Minecraft upgrade in the near future. If the user limit increases on Minecraft with time then there are chances for an upgrade.
Video Guide: How To Play Minecraft On PS5
How To Play Minecraft On PS5?
As you know that there’s no Minecraft On PS5 but there’s a way to play Minecraft On PS5 is discussed in detailed steps below. But first, you need to make sure your PS5 is up to date, or else you won’t be able to play Minecraft On PS5.
Just follow the steps to play Minecraft On PS5.
Step 1: Connect The PS5 to the Internet
Make sure you have a high-speed WiFi connection and a stable one if you want to play Minecraft On PS5.
- Click the settings icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click Network > Test Internet Connection.
- If the connection test fails, then try reconnecting to your router through Settings > Set Up Internet Connection.
- And make sure you entered your Wi-Fi password correctly
Step 2: Update the System Software Automatically
Once you are connected to a stable internet connection, you can move on to updating your PS5 system software that is necessary for playing Minecraft on PS5.
How do I update my PS5 software?
So, you will be updating the system software automatically:
- On your screen with the help of the PS5 DualSense controller go to Settings.
- Now select System > System Software Update and Settings.
- Next set updates to download and install automatically.
- Then select Update System Software and your PS5 will check for updates.
If there are any updates then after that PS5 will handle all the worries and all you need to do is wait.
Step 3: Insert the PS4 Game Disc
As PS5 is backward compatible with the PS4 software so inert the PS4 Minecraft disc in your PS5 console and transfer a digital copy of your console game from your PS4 to your PS5 using WiFi data transfer.
Step 4: Install Minecraft on your PS5
Download the PS4 game and install it on your PS5 as it is backward compatible so, all digital and physical software will work on it.
Before moving on to further steps you need to make sure you have the same PSN account logged into your PS5 through which you bought Minecraft from the PlayStation store.
Here’s what you need to do:
- You can go to your PlayStation store through your web browser.
- Where you can buy the trial version of Minecraft.
- After buying it you can load it on your PS5 and it will give you an option to download the full version of Minecraft.
Although some features may not work on PS5 of Minecraft and you need to make sure that your PS4 title is loaded onto your PS5 SSD.
Also, you can use the PlayStation VR as its also compatible with the PS5 while playing Minecraft.
If you try any of the above steps you can get Minecraft On PS5 even though it’s still not released officially on PS5. Moreover, you might not feel the same experience as you had on PS4 as some features might not work properly.
So, all you need to do is wait for the official release date of Minecraft on PS5, and if you got any questions regarding this then,
just let us know in the comment section.
What exactly is the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft?
The Bedrock Edition of Minecraft is basically the Windows one and it consists of multiple platforms, there’s a huge marketplace where you can get Add-Ons or Skin packs and you can play this with another Bedrock player.
Will PlayStation 4 games play on PlayStation 5?
Yes, PS4 games will be playable on PS5 due to backward compatibility software and with the help of this, you will not be able to play Minecraft but also many other favorite games on PS5.
Why is Minecraft locked on my PS5?
Your Minecraft is locked on PS5 as the Parental controls may be enabled which means your parent or any of your guardians has set age restrictions on the console for safety.
Do I need PS Plus to play Minecraft?
Yes, you will be requiring a PlayStation Plus member, as this will help you you’ll to play select content without time or use restrictions, join your friends in multiplayer games, and enjoy other special features. You can also automatically back up saved data for games to online storage.