Minecraft won’t launch?
Playing Minecraft all day and suddenly it crashes?
Trying to run the game again but the loading bar disappears and the launcher just sits there?
Don’t worry I’ve got your back.
How do you fix Minecraft when it wont launch? | 6 Easy Solutions
Minecraft won’t launch this error can be caused by several things like mods, corrupted game files or outdated graphic card. Fortunately, this error can be fixed easily.
Try the given solutions one by one to see which one works for you.
Solution 1: Reinstall you Minecraft to solve “Minecraft won’t launch”
Simplest fix ever to Minecraft Won’t Launch.
Just quickly backup your saved games so that you don’t lose any of your progress.
How do you reinstall Minecraft?
- Go to Local Disk(C) and click on Program Files(x86).
- Find the file name Minecraft and click on it.
- Then again fine the file name uninstall with the game icon and double click on it to uninstall the game.
- Now Download and Install the latest version of Minecraft again.
Now see if the Minecraft launches. If not, it’s okay we have plenty more solutions to check.
Solution 2: End Minecraft Process
In this process, you simply need to End the task and reboot the game. It is most likely that there will be two MinecraftLauncher.exe when this error occurs.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to open Task Manager.
- Now click on “more options’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Now in the Processes tab, right-click on the Minecraft or Java and choose End Task.
Launch your Minecraft again and see if it works.
Solution 3: How do I run Minecraft as an administrator?
You need to Run Minecraft as an administrator to grant it some permissions so that Minecraft can make full use of its features.
Simply right-click on Minecraft and chose Run as administrator.
Solution 4: Run in Compatibility Mode
Try running the game in Compatibility Mode.
- Right-click on Minecraft and click on properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, check the box next to ” Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- In the drop-down menu, choose the operating system.
- Click on Apply and then on OK.
Solution 5: Update Graphics Card Driver
- Press Windows key + X at the same time.
- Click on “Device Manager“.
- Click on the arrow next to “Display adapters“.Right-click on the video card and click on update driver
After the system updates the driver, restart your computer and try to open your game again.
Solution 6: Disable Mods to Solve “Minecraft won’t launch”
Minecraft players download mods to enhance their game experience. But mods can also cause several Minecraft issues including Minecraft not responding. Disable all the mods or move the mods folder from Minecraft directory to another one to fix Minecraft Won’t Launch Issue.
If your game works perfectly fine after uninstalling all the mods, then the problem is caused by the mods.
Hope your game works fine now.
Want to have fun in Minecraft? See how you can make Minecraft’s 16 dyes.