Steam Deck is possibly one of the most anticipated handheld consoles but as it is pretty new, the console gets a lot of errors/issues and one of the very common errors is Steam Deck crashing and then users can’t quit the app or game.
Some users asked for help in the Steam community on how to force quit the app/game in desktop mode on Steam Deck.
So, we have 2 easy methods for you that will help you quit/kill an app on Steam Deck desktop mode in the guide below.
How To Force Quit an Application On Steam Deck Desktop Mode?
Two methods can help you quit an application or any game on Steam Deck desktop mode.
Using the KILL Method
- Open System Monitor
- Go to Applications
- Right-click on Steam/or any other app that you want to quit (you probably need to use LT to right-click)
- Select Send Signal
- Select KILL, not terminate.
- And you will be able to quite an application on Steam Deck desktop mode
Force Reboot Steam Deck
As some users on Reddit were able to force quit the application by restarting the Steam deck
Just follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 12 seconds
- Press the power button once to turn the console back on and Steam Deck will get restarted.
If your game/application gets stuck on the Steam Deck console then you can force quit the app by following the steps below:
- Press the Steam button + B for 5 seconds
- Your app will quit and you will be taken to the menu
Hope you were able to Force Quit an Application On Steam Deck Desktop Mode
And if you have any questions just let us know in the comments section below.